Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yall, relax.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Yall, relax.

Jun 17, 2012, 1:17 AM

Please understand with me that this is about the funniest thing in the entire world.

These past 3 years for the coots have been THE BEST IN THEIR HISTORY of their athletics.

Football, beating their rival 3 years in a row. But no conference championships.

Basketball, they've beat their rival a couple times. That's it.

Baseball, 2 and possibly 3 national championship. Kudos, but how many people outside of the southeast and few other schools care about college baseball?

Yall, that is so laughable. That is EVERYTHING they've done. That is their glory days. We are still alive. Things will return to normal soon. We will take back dominance in all sports, and they will look back forever and say "Well, 09-11 were good times."

We have so much more its ridiculous.

Coots make me laugh.

Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yall, relax.

Jun 17, 2012, 1:24 AM

Pretty sad post dude

Jun 17, 2012, 2:33 AM

I loved it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2012, 1:28 AM

Never knew tigernet was nothing but history professors. Seems to be all you talk other than "next year".

Jun 17, 2012, 2:34 AM

Next year is y'all song. And you sing it well....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2012, 1:29 AM

LOL, I hope this guy doesnt jump off a ledge.

you can tweet that

Jun 17, 2012, 1:30 AM

if usc is in california

and carolina is unc

then who keeps beating clemson?

must be an e$pn conspiracy

Re: you can tweet that

Jun 17, 2012, 2:35 AM

Try 7 in a row.Then say keeps.

Cool. yall keep beating Clemson.

Jun 17, 2012, 1:33 AM

What happens when you stop beating Clemson? 5th place rings?

Re: Cool. yall keep beating Clemson.

Jun 17, 2012, 1:36 AM

What?

Jun 17, 2012, 1:36 AM [ in reply to Cool. yall keep beating Clemson. ]

5th place rings in the SEC gets you a no 8 national ranking at the end of the season and a 11-2 record. 1st in the ACC gets you a no 22 national ranking and 4 losses. Lets stop with the 5th place rings talk. Not even what the rings were for. It hurts, USC in Omaha, Clemson at home having some sherbert.

Jun 17, 2012, 1:57 AM

Without playing the by far best two teams in the conference. Congrats..on 5th place.

Jun 17, 2012, 10:58 AM

Congrats on winning a conference your own fan base doesn't even want to be in.

Jun 17, 2012, 2:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Cool. yall keep beating Clemson. ]

And you're on a Clemson board. Pathetic!!!

Being completely serious with this question, but

Jun 17, 2012, 1:34 AM

when exactly was Clemson's glory days? I'm legitimately asking that. When was the best time in Clemson history? The 81 National Championship season? Or has there been a finer time in Clemson history? Once again this is not a troll attempt at all, just a genuine question of when you think Clemson's best times were.

However, if you do answer that 81 was the best Clemson has been, how in your right mind are you trying to make yourself feel better when South Carolina is at the best they've been CURRENTLY, when your best days were 30 years ago?

Granted, both teams are getting better (in football anyways, basketball is not so good for either team and you have to admit South Carolina has the advantage in baseball). But, whatever makes you feel better. I'll keep thoroughly enjoying the run that our sports teams are having right now.

Re: Being completely serious with this question, but

Jun 17, 2012, 2:06 AM

Well, our history actually starts all the way back in 1900..with our first undefeated season. (something y'all have STILL yet to do. ) that team was coached by John Heisman.

Then we have our little run between 1939-1950 that includes multiple bowl wins and TWO more undefeated seasons. (note: SC first bowl win...1995.)

Then we have 1978-1991, many, many marquee bowl wins over powerhouse programs, and although SC fans like to think we weren't relevant since '81, we were a feared powerhouse throughout the 80s with multiple 10+ win seasons. (SC has done that twice. Both did it last season.)

Then we have now. SC just had there best season ever, which doesn't compare to Clemsons top few, and we had a ten win season with a conference championship.

So to answer you're question, we've had multiple "glory years" (were looking to start another) and are defiantly on the rise.

Jun 17, 2012, 2:07 AM

*your..and the blurred out part should say quality. Don't know what the heck happened.

Jun 17, 2012, 2:10 AM

What does USC winning again tonight in Omaha have to do with any of this? Just tip your cap and be happy they represented the State again tonight in a first class manner. They have a streak that will never be broken. Clemson also has some streaks that will never be broken. At UNC in Hoops and 70+ in a bowl game.

Jun 17, 2012, 2:15 AM

Just answering the guys question. No doubt y'all have a major accomplishment, but y'all make college baseball much bigger thing than it actually is. Gets annoying after a while, even if y'all weren't our rival.

P.s. that SEC Championship beat down y'all earned set a record too. Yet y'all still wear SEC east champion appearal. Doubt that'll be broken.

And SC fans have done anything but represent this state with class..especially the baseball fans.

Jun 17, 2012, 2:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Being completely serious with this question, but ]

your screen name explains existence.

Jun 17, 2012, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Being completely serious with this question, but ]

The very simple reason why no one cares about college baseball is that players can go to the draft directly out of high school.

Who the hell cares about a college sport if all the elite run off to the mlb?

lol I was wondering why you would use an expletive there,

Jun 17, 2012, 2:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Being completely serious with this question, but ]

seemed out of place. Also, not trying to be THAT guy, but just to help you out, it's definitely*.

But I digress. I can't argue that our best season doesn't compare to the best one(s) Clemson have had. But I think it's safe to say both teams are improving their football programs.

I'm trying to be respectful here, and not wanting to downplay your conference championship, nor do I want to play the "X team beat Y team, and Y team beat Z team, so X can beat Z." But you have to agree the ACC isn't as tough of a conference as the SEC. South Carolina wouldn't have necessarily won the ACC, but I think we could have had a pretty good shot in 2011.

Once again, not downplaying your most recent accomplishment, congrats on the title. Looking forward to some football this year (after the CWS of course).

Re: lol I was wondering why you would use an expletive there,

Jun 17, 2012, 2:18 AM

Yeah, that's auto correct on the iPad. Happens all the time. And I agree that both are on the rise. And it's hard to win a 12 team league especially playing a championship game. Even if it is a weak one currently.

Although VT was no joke last year. We just had their number.

Re: lol I was wondering why you would use an expletive there,

Jun 17, 2012, 2:41 AM [ in reply to lol I was wondering why you would use an expletive there, ]

Carefull for what you ask for.

Jun 17, 2012, 2:27 AM [ in reply to Being completely serious with this question, but ]

I guess you're too young or too stupid to remember a few years ago when CLEMSON beat usuc 4-in-a-row, and the 63-17 woodshed whipping. That's when your fans vacated your stupid stadium at halftime. I was there and watched in disbelief how the chickens scrambled for the exits and cried in their beer. It took 2-3 years for some chicken fans to actually come out of shock. Sheesh dude - you come on our boards and spout this stupid crap like the chickens are all that??? Get a life dude. Be prepared to tuck your tail and hide again in a few months. I'm going to watch the chicken boards meltdown when that happens. They know it's coming - and it ain't gonna be pretty.

Jun 17, 2012, 2:44 AM

I bet they have with their selective memory forgotten all those ZERO bars we left on their field. Remember your 0/11 season!!!

So let me get this straight

Jun 17, 2012, 4:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Being completely serious with this question, but ]

your last glory years is measured by beating a mediocre to below average football program when they were at the lowest of the low? And you call us obsessed with beating Clemson? Isn't that a little bit of hypocrisy? Honestly, how is it alright for you to relive a moment against us 10 years ago, but yet we win 3 in a row now and we are obsessed. Can't have it both ways.

What "stupid crap" did I spout about the "chickens are all that" exactly? You will find no where on this board of me comparing Carolina to Alabama. I've said we've had a pretty good season, but it could have been better. I may have even said it was one of our best years, if not the best, because, let's face it, it's true, even though it wasn't a conference title or BCS game. I may be guilty of giving the baseball team a lot more praise, but admit it, they kind of deserve it.

Sure they deserve it.

Jun 17, 2012, 4:47 AM

you know..if anybody cared about baseball.

I completely and thoroughly thank you for your opinion

Jun 17, 2012, 4:51 AM

on one sentence of a two paragraph post. Funny this board had quite a few posts a couple weeks ago, and even tonight about USC baseball.

Re: So let me get this straight

Jun 17, 2012, 8:32 AM [ in reply to So let me get this straight ]

Did you not read the previous posts again?

Our glory days were NOT the 4-in a row we beat you coots, because you were completely irrelevant.

Our last glory days were the 80s when we won a NC and were considered a power house winning against big teams in bowls.

Clemson beating USuck = something that is expected but not considered a successful season in and of itself.

USuck beating Clemson = best day in coot's lives because of how terrible their program has been.

Did you not read the post I responded to?

Jun 17, 2012, 9:35 AM

you know, where he only talked about the last time Clemson went 4 in a row and the 63-17 game? That's the only thing he talked about.

I know these forums aren't the best format but cmon man get with the program already.

Jun 17, 2012, 2:38 AM [ in reply to Being completely serious with this question, but ]

Seriously, when were y'alls glory days. Thats right, you've never made it there.

Jun 17, 2012, 3:02 AM

Sorry...history doesn't make me feel any better when we are currently getting stomped out by the Coots in everything

Hopefully we will change that starting next football season, but until we beat them, they have all the right to talk trash

Come on they embarrassed us in football and baseball badly for the past 3 seasons, and basketball is a joke for Horn to beat us as well

Jun 17, 2012, 3:14 AM

shut up coot

Jun 17, 2012, 6:45 AM

I see nothing funny in it.
Granted we are not talking overall HISTORY but,
those three wins in footballwere all by double digits.
Add to that their overall 11-2 record this year was still better than Clemsons ACC Championship 10-4 season.
Basketball saw the coots get back to back Titles in the NIT(2005/2006)while Clemson has only two runner up spots('99/2007).Now the NIT may not be much to brag about,but at least they accompolished two titles.
Baseball.Maybe you don't care about baseball, but it goes deeper than the dominance.Ray is showing Jack just how it's done.RAY OWNS JACK.
Jack,and the Tiger baseball program can't even sweep homeplate at the CWS Championship game while it's our rival who is still playing for that third.
Want to know what's laughable?
I think you might be a little envisious of THEIR RECENT HISTORY.

Jun 17, 2012, 8:08 AM

You do realize that we play football in the SEC, right? Do you think that clemson would have won the SEC during the past 3 years?

Our basketball program has been pathetic; yet we still beat clemson. Do you really want to publicize that?

Baseball? Relax. While we do have a national elite baseball program, I don't think we are quite good enough to make it 3 in a row this year. By the way, YOU guys, as well as us, care about college baseball. THAT's all that matters in a rivalry.

Jun 17, 2012, 8:28 AM

Want to know what is sad to me. Clemson has had one of the best baseball programs country for a long time. Have we one a national championship. No. Yet we have been close. USC winning two has caused many to act like we don't love baseball. I love baseball and it will always be my second favorite sport.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2012, 11:19 AM

Why do so many Clemson fans have this delusional mindset? Almost like you think this is a movie or a book where things just "have to end up like they were."

It is such a mentality of a loser and next year you will be saying the same thing +1 year to all of your statements.

Just as Clemson won 60-70% of the first 100 matchups, South Carolina could do the same with the next and more.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic