Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Y'all can fuss about Tanner all you want.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Y'all can fuss about Tanner all you want.

May 28, 2018, 4:06 PM

When he took over as USuCk's AD he ran the best coach in their history off then iced the cake by hiring two of their worst. I hope those idiots give him a life time contract.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When did he run off their equestrian coach?!?

May 28, 2018, 4:10 PM

What a moran! That coach was a winner!

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muschamp is one of the worst?

May 28, 2018, 4:11 PM

You've determined that already? Good grief

Five bomb. Get ready for it.

May 28, 2018, 4:13 PM

It's coming.

Sooner than you think.

Five...? Might as well start going barefoot.***

May 29, 2018, 2:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly not the best.....

May 28, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Muschamp is one of the worst? ]

You'll see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muschamp is one of the worst?

May 28, 2018, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Muschamp is one of the worst? ]

Okay agreed about Muschamp, but he seems to be currently kicking our butts in recruiting. Why? This is NOT a sarcastic question.

OK coot...1 five star and now you're world beaters...kicking

May 28, 2018, 4:38 PM

everybody's rear?...and you wonder why the rest of college football laughs at you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is the gamecock way, you know that.. this is what they

May 29, 2018, 1:03 PM

all do. They get one piece of good news and its curtains for the rest of us. It's so funny.

You make it abundantly clear... "Can't fix stupid"!!!***

May 29, 2018, 2:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp is one of the worst? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2018, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp is one of the worst? ]

Seriously? Rivals has the tigers ranked 5th for the 2019 recruiting class. Coots are ranked 8th. For the 2018 class the tigers finished ranked 8th in recruiting according to rivals. The coots ended up 19th. So how is that “kicking our tails?” Y’all pick up a five star and its kicking tail. Hahahahaha. Speaking of kicking tail, 56-7. Or 34-10. You choose.

tigermaul = marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39

May 29, 2018, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp is one of the worst? ]

If you think he's kicking our butts in recruiting

May 29, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp is one of the worst? ]

then you don't follow recruiting.

USC's rankings are padded by inflated recruiting numbers that will fall by the wayside over time.

OK Charlie Brown...I agree it would take a lot to be the

May 28, 2018, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Muschamp is one of the worst? ]

worst coach at USuCk since there is so much competition. Actually Florida thought he sucked and fired him. Auburn and Texas didn't think enough of him to try hard to keep him...and then he was what...your fifth choice?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2018, 4:37 AM [ in reply to Muschamp is one of the worst? ]

Is this an admittance that you (classless08) are a coot and sitting on a Clemson board? Me think so.

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Y'all can fuss about Tanner all you want.

May 28, 2018, 4:12 PM

People fuss about Swofford too. How about that football schedule this year that features no mid-week games and no consecutive road games. Thanks swoffy

What doesn't kill us....

May 28, 2018, 4:17 PM

Makes us stronger. You expected a break from Swoffie? I didn't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was saying Swoffy helped us.***

May 28, 2018, 6:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2018, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all can fuss about Tanner all you want. ]

So what effect does Swofford have on comparative recruiting?

May 28, 2018, 5:16 PM

POTD........Tanner was a great baseball coach but is a TERRIBLE athletic director.......hope he stays in Cootlumbia for a long long time.........Go Tigers!!!!!!

He ran Spurrier off? How's that?***

May 28, 2018, 6:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5 in a row over us then a 1 year extension?***

May 28, 2018, 6:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, Joseph.....Tanner actually begged and pleaded

May 28, 2018, 6:53 PM [ in reply to He ran Spurrier off? How's that?*** ]

for Spurrier to stay.....ultimately to no avail.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

May 28, 2018, 11:44 PM

I seem to remember SOS not getting the extensions deserved by a coach who took that program from the cellar of the SECe to the top of that division, played in the SECCCG, beat us 5 IAR. 5 10 win seasons and went to some of the better bowls during his time.

Actions speak louder than words,' comes to mind. A one year extension for a guy who had done all that at a chithole like USuCk? Tell me what I'm missing.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Re: Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

May 29, 2018, 4:36 AM

Spurlid. You mean the same coach that quit on his team halfway during the season? That spurrier? The one that was NOT looking forward to having to walk across the field and shake Dabo's hand knowing Clemson was gonna kick his ### at the end of the season? That spurrier? Got it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've missed my point, brother.

May 29, 2018, 11:38 AM

I wasn't praising SOS but he's still the best coach that ever wore the chicken. If my statements weren't accurate please tell me where I'm wrong. I hate SOS' personality but anyone who can't admit he's the best they ever had just isn't seeing reality.

The fact that Dabo and SOS aren't comparable isn't part of this discussion because it was originally about Ray Tanner's accomplishments since he's become the USuCk AD.

Re: You're right, Joseph.....Tanner actually begged and pleaded

May 29, 2018, 7:39 AM [ in reply to You're right, Joseph.....Tanner actually begged and pleaded ]

Supposedly he told Spurrier they were expecting him to step down at the end of year and would start looking for a replacement. Spurrier said, why wait and walked.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2018, 10:03 AM

https://youtu.be/C_Kh7nLplWo

Try to get your facts right

May 29, 2018, 10:32 AM

Tanner asked Spurrier to stick it out for another season after the defense went to the crapper and a 7 win season. So instead of rebuilding the defensive staff he hired his old buddy John Hoke who hadn't coached college football since Spurrier was at Florida. BUT, it all started years prior when coaches left for other jobs and Spurrier made lazy hires/promotions. When Spurrier realized that he had no chance of a winning season he "fired himself" (at least that's what he said).

So while we were enjoying 11 win seasons and a 5 game winning streak Dabo was recruiting his butt off and hiring great coaches like Venables. Now I don't see Dabo getting lazy like Spurrier but I do see Muschamp beginning to build a team that will compete at the highest level. And while I don't see us going into your stadium and pulling off a win this year I also don't think it will be long before we are making it a competitive game again.

The point of the original post is how much I...

May 29, 2018, 11:48 AM

approve of Tanner's handling of you athletic department. Imo, no one could have done what SOS did at there and no one will ever do what he did again. I no love for SOS but he's the best you'll ever have and Ray Tanner ran him off by holding the checkbook too tightly. I don't claim to keep up with the details but SOS is a man who refuses to be managed. He lacks diplomacy and tact. His way of gently manipulating people is by using a D10 dozer.

Ray Tanner is a dumb ### for ever letting SOS go. You should have paid him what he wanted instead of hiring an idiot who tried to manage him.

Imo, SOS is one of the greatest, if not the greatest football mind of his generation. Still, I wouldn't pizs in his face if it was on fire.

Re: Try to get your facts right

May 29, 2018, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Try to get your facts right ]

Can't disagree with much of what you said. Muschamp has recruited well, but it is yet to be proven whether or not he can coach.

May 30, 2018, 10:13 AM

Muschamp isnt doing a terrible job. If you look at coot history.. they have had a LOT worst coaches than him. We are beating them, but we are pretty elite right now... doesnt mean they are bad. I could see Muschamp keeping them in the 7-5 to 10-2 range during his career there. I dont think he will take them to consistent CFP levels but he certainly isnt one of their worst coaches.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic