Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would someone explain to the press that this (UNC) is not a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Would someone explain to the press that this (UNC) is not a

Jun 6, 2014, 10:48 PM

"He said/she said" situation. This is more of a "he said/she denied" situation.

They don't have two different interpretations of a single set of facts...they have one set of facts and one flat denial. Roy offers no explanation as to why McCants might have thought he knew about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would someone explain to the press that this (UNC) is not a

Jun 6, 2014, 10:51 PM

The ncaa has already punished them for this.The press I acting like this is all new uts new to us but the ncaa considers this case closed. Unc got off easy but its over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2014, 11:04 PM

i don't thin the ncaa has punished unc for the academic stuff

Jun 7, 2014, 7:49 AM

The NCAA investigation found or more accurately, did not find any evidence of academic wrong doing. They levied a minimal sentence. Then, the Raleigh News and Observer,aided by the NC State INVESTIGATORS, found massive amounts of wrong doings. At this point, the NCAA said they had already made a ruling. Case closed.

The NCAA followed the current White House game plan that has worked so well concerning the birth certificate, Fast and Furious,the IRS,Benghazi,berg dal,etc.etc.

Jun 7, 2014, 7:51 AM

Oh, and one small matter. The NCAA , broke their own rules of investigation when they assigned a UNC alum to LEAD the investigation.

If I recall the NCAA did zip, claimed it was an academic

Jun 6, 2014, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Would someone explain to the press that this (UNC) is not a ]

issue only. Am I remembering wrong? Regardless, why doesn't the ACC do something.. Would "the streak " have ended 20 yrs ago if they had played by the rules?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I recall the NCAA did zip, claimed it was an academic

Jun 7, 2014, 7:14 AM

The football team was punished but not the basketball team, that being said nothing will happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I recall the NCAA did zip, claimed it was an academic

Jun 7, 2014, 7:40 AM [ in reply to If I recall the NCAA did zip, claimed it was an academic ]

ncaa

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7677271/north-carolina-tar-heels-handed-postseason-ban-2012-ncaa

acc

Sources: UNC reprimanded, not fined
Updated: May 10, 2012, 1:34 PM ET
By Ivan Maisel | ESPN.com
3565COMMENTS104EMAILPRINT
The Atlantic Coast Conference membership last month came up one vote short of fining North Carolina $100,000 for the NCAA violations committed during the tenure of former coach Butch Davis.

Instead, the league's Infractions and Penalties Committee issued a public reprimand of the university.

ACC Blog
ACC ESPN.com's Heather Dinich and Andrea Adelson write about all things ACC in the conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

The vote of 7-4 in favor of the fine (North Carolina did not vote) fell one vote shy of the two-thirds majority needed to approve the penalty, according to two sources within the league. However, the failed vote indicates that a significant majority of North Carolina's fellow members took a dimmer view of the school's behavior than the issuing of a reprimand would indicate.

"We do not comment on actions not taken by the committee," ACC commissioner John Swofford said in an email Wednesday night.

The NCAA Committee on Infractions announced in March that it found North Carolina had committed academic fraud, allowed impermissible agent benefits, played ineligible players and failed to monitor the program. The NCAA placed the North Carolina football program on probation for three years, banned it from the postseason this fall, and penalized the Tar Heels five scholarships per year for each of the next three years.

North Carolina football never had been found guilty of committing NCAA violations before this case.

The reprimand is the first additional penalty the ACC has meted out in a probation case since 1990, when the league forced Maryland to repay television revenue for men's basketball games after the NCAA banned the Terps from television.

North Carolina released the results Friday of an internal investigation showing widespread academic fraud, including forged signatures on grade documents, in the university's department of African and Afro-American studies from 2007 to 2009.

The university on Monday released to the Raleigh News and Observer figures showing that 36 percent of the enrolled students in the questionable classes played football. However, the student-athletes received no favorable treatment nor did they receive grades without submitting written work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who were the four?***

Jun 7, 2014, 7:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

idk, but maybe bob knows or has a helpful link?***

Jun 7, 2014, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think that info is in the public domain

Jun 7, 2014, 8:27 AM

Some speckulation:

http://www.tarheelblog.com/2012/05/acc-came-within-one-vote-of-fining-unc-100000

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Don't think that info is in the public domain

Jun 7, 2014, 8:29 AM

Spelled Speculation wrong. ;)

Good morning.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bob's special, so he added a k...

Jun 7, 2014, 8:34 AM

get it?

and good morning to you, yours and e'rybody else too.

^^^found one***

Jun 7, 2014, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't think that info is in the public domain ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

i don't think it is either, but people are asking questions.

Jun 7, 2014, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Don't think that info is in the public domain ]

you know how they can be.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic