Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Trevor Lawrence start next year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Will Trevor Lawrence start next year.

Aug 27, 2017, 9:48 AM

Yes or No

I'm going to say no because of dabos seniority issues. But at some point in the season he will start. Similar to DW.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's seniority issues are an absolute myth !!!***

Aug 27, 2017, 9:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I wish you could help Dabo w/ his issues!

Aug 27, 2017, 9:56 AM

Good grief.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Trevor Lawrence start next year.

Aug 27, 2017, 10:35 AM

How much would you charge to provide counseling to Dabo? It's obvious he doesn't understand his issues like you do Doctor J.

Aug 27, 2017, 10:53 AM

He may not start at the beginning of the season but I believe he'll get significant playing time with Johnson. It may trend towards his way if he shines brighter than Johnson.

The thing is, once Lawrence takes the field, there won't be any hiding his talent. If he's as good as he is in high school, it will be obvious to everyone who is the more talented quarterback...so there won't be any 'well Hunters been better in practice.' I think Dabo knows what to do. He has a great problem on his hands.

I would like to see Lawrence put on about 20 more pounds to fill out his frame before he gets significant snaps. He took some shots last night and if those were from 230lb backers and 300lb Dlineman, he may get more than just bumps and bruises. He CAN NOT cut his hair though...dude's Sampson with those locks.

Tell'em Coot!!!***

Aug 27, 2017, 11:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2017, 11:16 AM

Yes.

Aug 27, 2017, 11:18 AM

Without a doubt, he will start next season if he enrolls early. It's one thing to know the playbook and the system, but it's another thing to have chemistry with your receivers. That sort of stuff has to be molded over time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Yes at one point.*****

Aug 27, 2017, 11:23 AM

Aug 27, 2017, 11:47 AM

IDK ... but goodness this kid has an arm.
Whatever Dabo's 'issues' are, I hope he continues them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2017, 11:57 AM

He dropped a lot of pencil point passes last night from all over the field. He showed last night that there is no pass that he can't throw on target. Wheel routes and clearouts for the tight ends will complement the short and long balls. Just hope we have lights out O-Lines to protect. Should be CU's top recruiting priority.

Maybe not by the first game, but he certainly looks

Aug 27, 2017, 11:59 AM

like he is capable of earning the job on his on.

Aug 27, 2017, 12:21 PM

Yes absolutely. This kid is going to do big things at Clemson and beyond.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2017, 12:49 PM

Well, the simple fact is, if he doesn't start, we'll have one helluva QB that will be playing!

Aug 27, 2017, 12:52 PM

Pretty much the dumbest thing I've read today "Dabo's seniority issues". LOL The people with issues are the coots that think they aren't exposed when coming over to pretend to be Tiger fans. Sad really.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2017, 12:57 PM

Depends on how he does on camp. If he enrolls in Jan and makes both camps he will play; starting will be optional.

Aug 27, 2017, 1:01 PM

I say no but for a different reason. I think there are some seriously talented guys that will be bigger, stronger, and know the system better when he arrives. He's gonna have to get bigger and learn this offense just like anyone else. When an 18 starts at qb it's a bad sign for the depth of the program. Him resahirting is what should happen. No matter how good he is.

Aug 27, 2017, 2:01 PM

Depends on the play of the QBs this year. Come back in January and ask the question. We will have more data.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Aug 27, 2017, 3:46 PM

The only way I think he starts is if all our current QB's don't do well or are mediocre this year. If any one of them turns out to be a beast and gets us to 10 or 11 wins in the regular season I highly doubt he will start and he may even RS in this scenario. I mean we will have KB, HJ, ZC, CB, and even TI as back ups. Unless someones transfers that is one loaded back up QB situation. But like I said if we go 9-3 then yeah I think they give the young buck a shot.

Maybe, but I feel confident he will be the best..

Aug 27, 2017, 3:52 PM

to ever play at Clemson and the 1st QB picked in the NFL draft one day. He will unseat somebody at one point. He is enrolling early too. Sharing time at first maybe? I doubt he redshirts. He is going to the NFL after 3 years more than likely. Why redshirt him?

Will the stock market go up on Sept. 27, 2018?

Aug 27, 2017, 5:07 PM

Too many things need to happen before next season both with Lawrence and external to Lawrence to know.

As of today, he could start but for another team.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

No.***

Aug 27, 2017, 5:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2017, 5:49 PM

I'm going to say no because if KB plays most of this year , and takes us to the Playoffs ,

Then how could he not start next year ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic