Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Clemson men’s basketball be ranked in top 25 next week?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Will Clemson men’s basketball be ranked in top 25 next week?

Dec 23, 2017, 12:06 AM

They sure look like a NCAA tournament team now. I’ve been very impressed. We can’t have the usual mid to late season slip though. Time will tell but it looks like we’re for real - which will only help sway Zion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Clemson men’s basketball be ranked in top 25 next week?

Dec 23, 2017, 12:07 AM

No excuse for it not happning.

Re: Will Clemson men’s basketball be ranked in top 25 next week?

Dec 23, 2017, 12:19 AM

It will be close. Unless voters just vote us in because of our record (and perhaps some additional exposure may help, being on ESPN2 the other night), we'll need some help with teams above us losing. So far this week, nobody ranked 18-25 in the AP poll has lost. However, #21 Tennessee plays at Wake Forest tomorrow. After a closer-than-it-should-have-been game against Furman this week, if Wake beats Rick Barnes' team, then they'll likely drop out, leaving a spot open. The problem may be that Arkansas and Notre Dame were also above us in last week's polls...which means we'd have to jump them as well.

So...more than likely, we're hoping that voters seeing us on national television (with a dominant performance) on Tuesday, combined with an 11-1 record, is enough to just get us enough votes, regardless of other teams' results.

Thanks. I haven’t really been paying attention to

Dec 23, 2017, 12:30 AM

the national “landscape” if you will, but beating UF on the road has to impress some voters. And (soundly) beating a final four team from last year... those are quality wins (even if scar’s appearance in the final 4 last year was nothing short of a miracle).

3 quality wins (2 away games) against power 5 conference schools (OSU UF SCAR). Let’s keep this momentum going!

Re: Thanks. I haven’t really been paying attention to

Dec 23, 2017, 1:39 AM

Yes...we clearly have an impressive resume thus far, as evidenced by our Top 30 RPI rating and Top 30 KenPom rating.

Keep in mind, in terms of rankings and such, the Florida game happened prior to this week's rankings being released...so in a way, the only two games that will be additionally considered this week (that haven't been considered for establishing a poll in the past) are South Carolina and Louisiana.

Yes, they'll see the full resume, and 11-1 will count for something, seeing as many of the teams 18-27 (we're 28th currently) have multiple losses. Will it be enough? Who knows.

Personally, I'm only hoping for a ranking because of the fact that it will finally open some of the fans' eyes who still have their heads in the sand regarding this team. It's like putting a number next to their name will wake a lot of people up to say, "well I guess they ARE good." Otherwise, the rankings are quite meaningless, especially since the selection committee goes by RPI and other metrics-based data, rather than the media and coaches' rankings.

Better question

Dec 23, 2017, 1:16 AM

Will Clemson’s men’s basketball team be ranked in the top 25 March 1?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Better question

Dec 23, 2017, 7:38 AM

No

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's get into the ACC schedule...

Dec 23, 2017, 1:30 AM

to see how good we are.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic