Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wilkins & Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,237

Wilkins & Lawrence

Sep 20, 2019, 8:26 AM

Never thought we'd see better than that ine the middle.

Davis & Bresee are looking pretty good for next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wilkins & Lawrence

Sep 20, 2019, 8:27 AM

this year's group are no slouches either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 9:19 AM

Meh.

While they are good, it’s the weakest we’ve been on the inside since 2012.

Sep 20, 2019, 10:24 AM

amazed you post is even 63%

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 10:27 AM

While I appreciate you mentioning a system where people give imaginary thumbs up and down, do you care to mention how my post was incorrect?

I will, Genius!

Sep 20, 2019, 3:48 PM

The 2012 defense wasn't ranked as high as this one is presently.

Face it, the pulse doesn't lie.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 8:29 AM

Tre Williams and Capehart too. Looking good.

Sep 20, 2019, 8:39 AM

Big Dex was so key to just clogging up the middle, handling so much real estate on his own. This years DL is so different because he's gone. Not at all saying it's bad, or that they can't be just as good or better, just saying it's different, quicker, faster...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have had good defensive players come through for awhile

Sep 20, 2019, 8:46 AM

now. (Grady Jarrett and DJ Reader say hello from the middle of the NFL) But, when people talk about Clemson football history many years from now, I think Wilkins and Lawrence will be the cornerstones that took it from good to Epic on the inside. Those are some very large shoes to fill for ANY future players at those positions. That is one of the main things I love about Dabo's program right now. He instills in his players a sense of history, and that they are building on those who came before, and they have a legacy to protect and not let down. You hear one player or another talk about it all the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Dex & Wilkins, but Clemson has been RICHLY

Sep 20, 2019, 1:49 PM

blessed with epic middle of the lines. but just as I won't have a clue about the prowess of players from the late 60's & early 70's, I really feel sorry for any fan that did not have the pleasure of watching William Perry, Michael Dean Perry, Chester McGlockton, Jeff Bryant, William Devane, Dan Benish, Brentson Buckner, Trevor Price, Brandon Thompson...

In no way am I diminishing Dex & Wilkins in their place in Clemson history, but they didn't create the great reputation of D Linemen in Clemson lore, it's been alive and well for decades...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 8:53 AM

Not that I don't think both will be great but we always develop a belief that these young men are going to come in and make a big difference off the bat. I'll be amazed if they unseat Tyler Davis. The future is bright but so is the present.

Sep 20, 2019, 9:37 AM

Just realized that you had Davis and Breese. Even though he is an end I had Murphy in my head. Sorry, brain fart.

Sep 20, 2019, 9:31 AM

Huggins was a huge part of that line as well.

Sep 20, 2019, 10:10 AM

Breese is going to be absolutely Insane.

Sep 20, 2019, 12:42 PM

Breese is going to be a DE, not DT. Too much speed and talent. We have others for DT.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 5:12 PM

He can play end or 3 technique. My money is on BV lining him up all along the front.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 2:20 PM

Bresee and Myles Murphy at DE will be much better than Ferrell and Bryant were. It's amazing we are getting both of them.

Put those two with Tyler Davis at DT and consider Bresee will switch between DE and DT and the future is very bright.

Our best D-line is yet to come.

Sep 20, 2019, 5:17 PM

Bresee will be a DE.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,237
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic