Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wide receiver coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 842

Wide receiver coach

Dec 3, 2014, 9:34 AM

This may have been covered and I'm seeing different things, but is Dabo going to use some of that $ freed up from Morris contract and the buyout to get an experienced, quality WR Coach? Also what kind of pay raise is Scott & Elliott getting?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you mean QB coach***

Dec 3, 2014, 9:58 AM

Re: Wide receiver coach

Dec 3, 2014, 10:02 AM

I assume scott will remain the wr coach and dabo will hire a qb coach. I just hope this co-oc thing works out. I know they have had 4 years as students of morris and his system but we now have a hc who was never an oc and also two co-oc who have never been an oc, and that my friends is a whole lot of lack of experience of on the job training. it will be interesting in how this plays out going forward.

I'm 100% sure Dabo never talked to Chad about how to run

Dec 3, 2014, 10:06 AM

an offense, and never studied Chad's offense either. He probably just sits in his office with his feet propped up all day eating bon bons.

SMH.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: I'm 100% sure Dabo never talked to Chad about how to run

Dec 3, 2014, 10:19 AM

I don't know about bon bons but we know for sure he likes capri sun according to swag and his swing. if dabo was such a student of offenses why did Bowden or anyone for that matter not make HIM an oc? have you ever, since morris was here, witnessed dabo call a play or even go into an offensive huddle other than to be a cheerleader? I understand he is a ceo type and has been great and made great hires but has NO and I repeat No experience at BEING an oc. I just hope he allows the two he chose to run the offense and does not get involved in play calling himself, because we all how that worked out the last time he tried that. all i am saying is that both the new oc'c experience on the college level other than at Clemson has been at pc for one and sc state and furman for the other as roles other than oc. will be interesting to say the least.

Re: I'm 100% sure Dabo never talked to Chad about how to run

Dec 3, 2014, 10:23 AM

Well if Streeter is the guy at QBs Coach, he has been a great FCS OC for years, so I'm sure he would be happy to give advice if needed.

OC Experiance

Dec 3, 2014, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Wide receiver coach ]

When the Chad came here, he had one year of OC experiance at Tulsa. Not exactlly overwhelming. Dabo had 4 less years of HC experiance then than he has now. The way I see it, we are better off now then we were when Chad arrived. A year from now, we will be way ahead. Something else that I haven't seen on here (I may have missed it), is that Jeff and Tony are both in on-the-job try-outs and the best of the two will be named OC after the bowl game. On the other hand, I had two girlfriends at one time as a young man and that didn't end real well.

Re: Wide receiver coach

Dec 3, 2014, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Wide receiver coach ]

I think the year was 1987. A very young offensive line coach was made head coach at Clemson. Worked out alright.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 842
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic