Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is Cooper 2nd string?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,389

Why is Cooper 2nd string?

Oct 7, 2017, 4:09 PM

Ok, I'll answer my own question. I'm sure the coaches see SOMETHING in practice. That's gotta be it because I haven't seen it in playing time compared to HJ. HJ looks like he's on another level while Cooper is missing wide open receivers.

I don't know that either is ready for prime time but on the field there appears to be an obvious difference between the two.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that throw to Cain that was 10 yards short was BAD!

Oct 7, 2017, 4:12 PM

It's a post route, throw it out there!

After today it should be clear that...

Oct 7, 2017, 4:14 PM

Cooper is the third string QB, despite having more time in the program. At least I hope so. It was CLEAR which backup QB is the more accurate passer (and that probably includes ALL the QBs currently on the roster).

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is Cooper 2nd string?

Oct 7, 2017, 4:20 PM

It's hard to argue your point. I guess HJ is/was getting the Etienne treatment: Trying to learn the system. After today, that's going to be rear view mirrors...if you know what I mean. I was very impressed. Now if we had a KB & HJ combined...WOW! I'm sure we're go though. Go Tigers!!

Oct 7, 2017, 4:24 PM

Cooper looked bad and Johnson looked good is the plain and simple. Plus how much will Bryant's running be affected by his ankle sprain today?

Because coaches thought he gave us a better chance to win.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:27 PM

Period. Nothing else enters into it at all - nothing. That's all it ever is. Now, you may disagree with them, and you may even be right, but that's the reason.

I think the competition between Cooper and Hunter has been very close all along. Players wanting to move up the depth chart have to make the most of their opportunities, and when it was "go time" today, Hunter did and Zerrick did not. I would not be surprised to see Hunter move up at some point, and maybe he did today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 7, 2017, 4:28 PM

the answer is probably:
Cooper looks better consistently in practice than Johnson. If I were coach, I'd put him out there too. The thing is.. some players play much differently in live action than they do in practice. Success and consistency in practice will get you a shot in a real game. Success and consistency in the real game will keep you there.

Oct 7, 2017, 4:32 PM

Those were my thoughts as well. It's really the only thing that makes sense to me because I definitely haven't seen it in the games.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,389
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic