Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is Andrew Cuomo getting a pass from the media?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Why is Andrew Cuomo getting a pass from the media?

May 15, 2020, 8:07 AM

It doesn't make any sense. He has been pretty horrible during this pandemic

- He failed to replenish his PPE supply despite having the opportunity multiple times

- They didn't clean or shut down the disgusting subways for months

- He forced Covid Patients back into nursing homes which has led to mass deaths. Apparently 1/3 of the deaths in NY came from nursing homes

- They mismanaged their money so bad in the past and they expect a bailout from other states. They were about to go bankrupt prior to the pandemic!

- NY has been hit harder than any other state.

But the media is so enamored with how "great" of a job that he is doing. How in the hell does the Governer from the state that is hit the hardest get so much good publicity?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because he's the exact opposite of Trump during a press

May 15, 2020, 8:21 AM

conference, and they like that. Plus, they wish he was the Dem candidate instead of that poor fellow with dementia...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cause they want him to replace Biden***

May 15, 2020, 8:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the Subway issue, isn’t that more of a de Blasio issue?

May 15, 2020, 8:54 AM

When I heard that he was mandating daily cleaning, I assumed that they had somehow shut it down or seriously reduced it, and this was part of the reopening program.

In any event, not addressing the subways is something I would attribute to the mayor of NYC. Of course, I already considered him a terrible leader.

Cuomo has presented himself well, and that IS worth something. But yes, the overall response should be addressed beyond just nice press conferences. Also, we have to keep in mind the challenges of the most densely populated, most cosmopolitan city in the country in dealing with a virus outbreak that can spread before symptoms are seen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

same could be said with Trump

May 15, 2020, 8:58 AM

aren't masks and ventilators a state thing?
or when to shut down? or start back up?

but it always is Trumps fault if something in wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not Trump's fault.

May 15, 2020, 9:20 AM

It's Obama's fault. Trump said so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s not Obama’s fault.

May 15, 2020, 10:11 AM

It’s Bush’s fault. Obama said so.

Yes, of course.***

May 15, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to same could be said with Trump ]

null

Trump's responsible for the CDC and NIH.

May 15, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to same could be said with Trump ]

He also invoked the Defense Production Act which gives him authority to order companies to manufacture ventilators, masks, gloves, and other tools required by doctors and hospitals. And although he doesn't have the authority to open or close states, he can advise them. Not to mention he's the absolute pinnacle of leadership in American government, so he's got a smidge of responsibility when it comes to a nationwide catastrophe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he takes responsibility for nothing

May 15, 2020, 10:03 AM

remember?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Well he's taken credit for things.

May 15, 2020, 10:13 AM

His beautiful economy has been very, very good for the blacks.

Re: Trump's responsible for the CDC and NIH.

May 15, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Trump's responsible for the CDC and NIH. ]

Yep, he should have shut down travel from EU when he shut down China travel. He allowed the bureaucrat in the CDC to prevent private testing for Covid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the media is an arm of the DNC.

May 15, 2020, 9:25 AM

Had Trump ordered woohooflu patients back to nursing homes as Cuomo and Pennsylvania did, congress would be having impeachment hearings with the relatives of the dead testifying 24/7 to Trump's "Murder of Old People."

Every paper across the nation would headline 'TRUMP MURDERS GRANDMAW!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is Andrew Cuomo getting a pass from the media?

May 15, 2020, 9:26 AM

Because most people outside of the extreme right think he is doing a great job. Most love him. He has a crazy high approval rating. I don't follow how good a job he is actually doing though. I don't care. I don't live in NY.

May 15, 2020, 9:34 AM

he couldnt get a ride hitch hiking in upstate NY

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2020, 9:46 AM

Kind of like how Obama had poor approval ratings in fly over country. Cuomo has high approval ratings for the state with the masses. Moreover, do you live in NY? Why do you care about their governor? He is of little interest to me, nor is the governor of Illinois, whoever that is..

May 15, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is Andrew Cuomo getting a pass from the media? ]

I watched him early in the process for one super reason. NYC was being hit first on this side of the country. I expected to see a preview of how Wuflu would affect SC.

He was quite entertaining when he started crying for 40K ventilators. After Trump catered to his every whim I realized both were feeling their way in the dark. That is about the time I realized that politicians know jack about pandemics which got me ill as hail toward Fauci who removed all doubt that he is just as ignorant about pandemics as the politicians.

We have the blind leading the blind and Cuomo is just one example for proof.

May 15, 2020, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is Andrew Cuomo getting a pass from the media? ]

Carlsbad® said:

Because most people outside of the extreme right think he is doing a great job. Most love him. He has a crazy high approval rating. I don't follow how good a job he is actually doing though. I don't care. I don't live in NY.

Why do I care? Because NY is a part of America and I want America to get through this quickly with limited deaths. I have friends and family that live in NY also.

And that's what I don't get. How is he doing a great job? By all metrics, his state is performing the worst in America.

Can somebody point out what he has done that's good aside from being composed and well spoken in press conferences?

He got more of everything which he needed for his state.

May 15, 2020, 10:15 AM

I have a lot of criticism for him but he got more PPE, ventilators, hospital beds and everything on his wish list to cover his asz. He even got a hospital ship he didn't need at American taxpayers expense. He screwed thousands of NYers by ordering nursing homes to take back covid patients which killed off the elderly in NY so that's a good thing to democrats too.

He screwed other governors trying to line up enough equipment to satisfy the needs of other states but he did a fine job for his state. My question is why don't NYers love him?

May 15, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is Andrew Cuomo getting a pass from the media? ]

Nah...you care because you're kind of partisan hack spewing all of the nonsense you hear from your far right wing sources. The people of NY like him. That's fine by me. If they didn't like him it is fine by me. You're just playing politics. Kind of like how AOC is so high on your target list.

May 15, 2020, 10:50 AM

Since you obviously know my sources better than me, can you define which sources that I use are far right wing?

Are you saying that I don't have family and friends in NY and I don't want America as a whole to do better?

Also, you say that AOC is high on my target list? How is that defined? Show me where I constantly talk about AOC. Even if I did, it would be fine. She is a complete idiot. But you are the one bringing her up.

Is the Wall Street Journal far right wing?

https://twitter.com/brithume/status/1261295836581056517?s=20

May 15, 2020, 11:37 AM

You are consumed and spew cliche nonsense. Youre just a partisan hack concentrating on liberals to attack for no reason. Its all do cliche. Its almost a disorder.

May 15, 2020, 11:52 AM

So I am “attacking” cuomo for no reason?

I guess you are saying it was a good strategy to move covid patients into nursing homes.

You are a giant pu$$y. If you don’t care about NY and/or cuomo, then move along sir. You don’t have to comment on a topic that you don’t care about.

May 15, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is Andrew Cuomo getting a pass from the media? ]

Carlsbad® said:

Nah...you care because you're kind of partisan hack spewing all of the nonsense you hear from your far right wing sources. The people of NY like him. That's fine by me. If they didn't like him it is fine by me. You're just playing politics. Kind of like how AOC is so high on your target list.

Apparently Carlsbad doesn't care about NY, but here cares adamantly about people that don't live in NY talking about NY. Kind of strange.

Sorry to trigger you on this fine Friday morning....

people starting to see through Governor Death***

May 15, 2020, 10:41 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

May 15, 2020, 5:45 PM

You're premise arguments are straight out of a Hannity ######. No proof to any of that. And how would you know he was getting a pass had you not heard it from Fox?

And the reason people watch Cuomo on TV is they're hungry to see somebody, anybody that even 'looks' Presidential.

By the way, the U.S. National Stockpile was depleted by the N1H1 virus under Obama. Why didn't Trump replenish it in the 3 years he's been in office? Better yet, why didn't he commandeer medical supplies back in January when the DNI was warning him that a pandemic was coming?

Further, when he "banned" traffic from China, why didn't he quarantine any of the 40,000 expats and green card holders followed in the 30 days after the ban because they were'exempt' from the ban?

We're also waiting on the "14,000,000 jobs" that Ivanka created in the first 3 years of her being at the White House?

May 15, 2020, 11:37 PM

No proof to any of my original post? Cuomo literally signed an executive order to force covid patients to nursing homes.

I linked a Wall Street journal article. I don’t watch Fox News and have hardly ever watched hannity.

Why do you brush everything off as a Fox News conspiracy theory? Read a book. Learn something.

May 15, 2020, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is Andrew Cuomo getting a pass from the media? ]

No proof to any of my original post? Cuomo literally signed an executive order to force covid patients to nursing homes.

I linked a Wall Street journal article. I don’t watch Fox News and have hardly ever watched hannity.

Why do you brush everything off as a Fox News conspiracy theory? Read a book. Learn something.

If you'd narrow your accustions down a bit you...

May 16, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is Andrew Cuomo getting a pass from the media? ]

wouldn't leave yourself open to contradiction like the following which is indisputable.

Fauci told everyone not to worry about the Wuflu until NYC was infested with infected European travelers, that was Jan 26. Then he disagreed with Trump on Jan 31st about China incoming travel being temporarily halted.

Most of the people across the nation, including me, watched Cuomo thinking that the NY outbreak was foreshadowing of what would happen to their state. We read about Washington state where the first outbreak occurred and delighted to hear Cuomo answering questions which some of us would have asked if we had the opportunity.

I agree, there is no excuse for Trump not restocking PPE in the national stockpile. Maybe Obama could have left him a note telling him it was depleted or the Obama holdover bureaucrats could have told him. Either way both are responsible.

Did you happen to notice that Trump is restocking the pile using US goods when demand drops a bit? That's the mark of a good leader who cares about American lives. Obama, obviously didn't give a chit about me, you or your parents and children.

How do you quarantine people who...

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/thousands-americans-voluntarily-self-quarantine-after-
returning-china-n1138731

See, had you just said 'Where are the 14 million jobs...I wouldn't have responded atall.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic