Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why did the coots throw to Beer in the 9TH?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Why did the coots throw to Beer in the 9TH?

Mar 5, 2017, 6:33 PM

I'm not a baseball guy but shouldn't they have walked him? Bases were empty and 2 outs. I'll hang up and listen to the radio.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why did the coots throw to Beer in the 9TH?

Mar 5, 2017, 6:34 PM

that was likely the last time Beer will see a baseball in a ninth inning clutch game all year

because education at USCe is subpar

Mar 5, 2017, 6:35 PM

They really are that stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know, either.

Maybe the coots were just being arrogant and/or Holbrook is just not too smart.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Cause coots like to coot?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DON'T EVER QUESTION CHAD HOLBROOK!!!

Unless you like winning... then question him.

~JKB

to get to the other side***

Mar 5, 2017, 6:37 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

intentional walks should be illegal anyway

Mar 5, 2017, 6:38 PM

Glad they did.

Re: intentional walks should be illegal anyway

Mar 5, 2017, 7:53 PM

I agree. If you want to throw balls and walk him then go ahead but the catcher shouldn't be allowed to stand up for the pitch. Basketball has a similar issue with intentional fouls but I don't see a way to stop it from happening.

Ill let you know why. Although beer can hit the #### out

Mar 5, 2017, 6:39 PM

Of baseball. You never walk a better to put the tying or winning run on base.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do if it's Beer up to the plate....and you go to 3-0

Mar 5, 2017, 6:41 PM

on the pitch count.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BUT, if you walked him 4 times already, why not a 5th?***

Mar 5, 2017, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Ill let you know why. Although beer can hit the #### out ]

Re: Ill let you know why. Although beer can hit the #### out

Mar 5, 2017, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Ill let you know why. Although beer can hit the #### out ]

That's the first explain I've heard. It makes sense although it was one of the best batters in the country with a rep for clutch hitting.

I think they got cocky...the count was 3-0...should have

Mar 5, 2017, 6:39 PM

walked him...glad they didn't. The curve he hit out was the exact pitch Beer saw for the 1st strike. He hung the 3-2 curve and Beer hit it back to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitcher thought "I got you now....here comes the nail in the

Mar 5, 2017, 6:41 PM

coffin".

I bet they're asking themselves that same question***

Mar 5, 2017, 6:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 5, 2017, 6:47 PM

Please no don't hang up just yet. If you have to ask that question, you don't only know nothing about baseball, you don't know nothing about the coots either!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stupid...that's why...especially when they walked him

Mar 5, 2017, 6:48 PM

earlier. They must've forgotten about that with their chicken pea brain

Beer's been in a slump and you would have put winning run at the plate.***

Mar 5, 2017, 7:01 PM

null

Re: Beer's been in a slump and you would have put winning run at the plate.***

Mar 5, 2017, 7:49 PM

Go ahead run to the plate.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Chad Holbrook answers the age old question...

Mar 5, 2017, 7:44 PM

yes, apparently stoopid does grow on trees...

well at least in Cootlumbia.

Arrogance, stupidity and maybe just a tiny little mistake.

Mar 5, 2017, 7:51 PM

Beer was literally our only hope at that point.

Nobody else was doing much of anything and if Beer is walked, I feel almost certain that we would have stranded him to end the game. We had nothing going with the bats.

Giving Seth Beer anything at all to hit at that point, let alone grooving a ball that he could crank into the right field bleachers was just plain arrogant, stupid and it was a huge mistake!

Mar 5, 2017, 7:53 PM

Holbrook was probably torn between putting the tying run on base and bringing the goahead run to the plate in Pinder which would be a RH hitter vs a lefty.

Reagan wasn't going to throw anything other than a breaking ball and once they got to 3-0, they should have just put him on. I think after Beer took to strike 2 they just got greedy. You can't drop 6 straights in like that. That was bad coaching.

You walk Beer and being in a RH to face Pinder.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 5, 2017, 8:30 PM

Pure arrogance. He wanted to strike out Beer, win the game, be the big hero.

Mar 5, 2017, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Why did the coots throw to Beer in the 9TH? ]

I agree...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple

Mar 5, 2017, 9:09 PM

Because losers lose.

Re: Simple

Mar 5, 2017, 9:29 PM

Here's what baffles me:

Not only that they pitched to him, but it's like they thought he couldn't hit a breaking ball.

They threw him one 1st pitch, EVEN WHEN IT WAS 3-0 COUNT (That just never, ever happens!). Then came back with two more for strikes, and after what felt like the 10th breaking ball he launched one in a 3-2 count. I guess they thought they'd sneak a breaking ball by in a full count?

I've coached for years and that's some of the stupidest coaching I've seen. Scar fans are still gritting teeth over their coaching.

They're possibly a couple of unearned runs away from being swept.

Yes.

Mar 6, 2017, 7:36 AM

And isn't it great to watch.

Hope our coach and their coach stay long, long time.

Mar 5, 2017, 9:53 PM

I'm sure all of you were like me. I was in shock they were going to pitch to him, I was calling the whole family because I couldn't believe that in the 9th with a 3-2 lead and 3-0 count they would throw him a strike. I thought I was being plunked.

I was telling Beer to hit it out and was surprised Beer didn't hit the first two strikes because I was afraid they would walk him at a full count but when he threw the last pitch everybody in the room said Beer is going to homer and when he did our whole place exploded even a couple tar hole fans that were over knew it was gone.....lol

We were stunned and laughing because we couldn't believe he would pitch him after walking him. We are talking about the best baseball player in college in a long time.

Coots are so stupid and arrogant just no other explanation!

Go Tigers!!

Today is one I'll never forget!11??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

To get to the other side of the road?

Mar 5, 2017, 10:18 PM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2017, 11:00 PM

Because a home run would only tie the game ... agree does not make much sense but that is what Holbrook said.

Mar 6, 2017, 7:49 AM

They'll say it was because they were only an out ...check that , one batter away from the series win with a good closer on the mound , and even if he hits a HR it's a tie and there's another at bat for them coming.
The clear fact is that our hitter at the plate is the best pure power hitter in CBb , so they made an egregious error in tactical judgement and it cost them dearly.
I don't think I would have any problem pitching to Beer but the kid threw 6 straight breaking balls , and Beer got tired of seeing them .

DB23

Because they are dumb.***

Mar 6, 2017, 8:32 AM

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic