Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which elite person/group would you rather have: QB, OL, or D
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Which elite person/group would you rather have: QB, OL, or D

Aug 30, 2015, 4:25 PM

Everyone wants to have all 3, but if you had to chose just one for you team, would you rather have an elite QB, elite OL, or elite Defense? Personally, I'd pick the elite QB. That's the only position solo that I've seen win a championship (ie. Cam's Auburn team). I can't remember a team with just and elite OL or just and elite D win it all.

I hear the argument all the time that you have to have an elite OL. It certainly helps, but those teams with just that haven't won at the highest level. Even on the pro level, the Dallas Cowboys have probably the best OL in football and darn good QB in Romo, but they still haven't been close to getting it done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

QB***

Aug 30, 2015, 4:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I love DW, but after watching our D last year

Aug 30, 2015, 4:40 PM

I am convinced it is the way to go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Well, I love DW, but after watching our D last year

Aug 30, 2015, 4:44 PM

Think back to the Danny Ford era. Seems like he had the elite defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our OL back then was pretty elite too

Aug 30, 2015, 5:13 PM

Our ground game was pretty mauling. So, that would make 2 elite units. Doesn't quite apply here IMO.

Re: Well, I love DW, but after watching our D last year

Aug 30, 2015, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Well, I love DW, but after watching our D last year ]

Yeah, but last year with that elite defense, we didn't win anything. We lost 3 games to the 3 ranked teams we played. It was the qb play that lost 2 of those games. The Georgia game, stoudt was terrible in the second half and the gt game was the worst qb performance I've ever seen.

So I would go with a great qb to be the main player/group that wins championships. And dw4 is definitely the qb to get us there.

kinda uneven comparison between a person, a group, and a

Aug 30, 2015, 5:04 PM

whole side of the ball. Which makes it easy to pick an elite Defense. If the other team can't score, and your D gives you a short field, and you're comfortable taking risks on Offense because of your defense, that's very powerful.

BTW, in your next comparison, I'd include the kicking game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

QB is the single most important position/group, and I think

Aug 30, 2015, 5:19 PM

that's more true now than ever. Then you'd better have a dang good left tackle to protect his blind side.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Which elite person/group would you rather have: QB, OL, or D

Aug 30, 2015, 7:24 PM

It depends on how bad the other units are imho. All else being equal, give me an elite OL that can both pass and run protect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2015, 7:27 PM

defense, that is 11 elite guys on the field, vs 5 and 1.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

QB but not

Aug 30, 2015, 7:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun is an awesome QB but he's still human and

Aug 30, 2015, 7:58 PM

he will make mistakes. The difference with Deshaun is he has a short memory. I personally think Deshaun is the most valuable player in college football. I'm a little partial but I can't think of a better player to have lead your team.

My opinion is he the guy that would lead by example year around and he would be a great sell for other great players that want to play with the best. He has been working with the skill guys and studying film all along. He is like having a coach during the offseason.

i know Deshaun our soon to be Heisman winner is a team guy and that's what makes him so valuable. That's my vote!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 31, 2015, 9:16 AM

Defense. Clemsons defense was great last year and with just a slightly better than average OL and QB they probably don't lose a game last year until the playoffs. 8 consecutive 3 and outs by the O against Georgia lost that game. Missed field goals, bad snaps, fumbles, 5 yard passes for touchdowns that fall incomplete killed the FSU game. 2 pick 6's and 0 offense after Watson goes down lost the GT game. I don't think people understand exactly how good that defense was last year and without it we would have been lucky to win 6 games. Average play by the other units and that team may have went all the way.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic