Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where are the people criticizing the student section now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,552

Where are the people criticizing the student section now?

Oct 4, 2015, 8:58 PM

What happened to us being an embarrassment because we don't fill the stands and aren't loyal?

But in all seriousness, kudos to the crowd in DV last night. Most of their penalties were forced because we were ClemsonLOUD.

Go Tigers - it's a #### good day to be a Clemson Tiger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must have missed the point

Oct 4, 2015, 9:10 PM

Nobody doubted the students would be out for ND or FSU

The problem is getting them out and keeping them past half time against the cupcakes or in blowouts

This kind of attitude perpetuates the problem

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Us old folks can handle the second half of blowouts.***

Oct 4, 2015, 9:30 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You must have missed the point

Oct 4, 2015, 10:09 PM [ in reply to You must have missed the point ]

It obviously won't happen until the power 5 agree to stop playing FCS, but maybe everyone bailing on the stadium will send the message to scheduling them. I get that it helps that school fund its programs, but the Wofford game was over in 8 minutes. We get 7 Saturdays a year. There is no need to waste one on FCS teams.

Evidently you don't know why we schedule an in state FCS

Oct 5, 2015, 12:30 AM

opponent each year.

In the state of South Carolina, there is a law that requires public universities that play football at the FBS level to schedule and in-state opponent from a lower level of football. If you look at the schedules of both Clemson and South Carolina you will see that both play a game against an in-state FCS opponent every year.

Re: Evidently you don't know why we schedule an in state FCS

Oct 5, 2015, 9:02 AM

I'm well aware we have to play them to help fund their programs. I think if Power 5 makes a rule that you cannot play that level, that will force a change with the legislature.

Lol. . Bad attitude.***

Oct 5, 2015, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Re: You must have missed the point ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

How so?***

Oct 5, 2015, 9:03 AM

Re: Where are the people criticizing the student section now?

Oct 4, 2015, 9:19 PM

Great job by the students and all others in DV last night.

It's always great to be a Clemson Tiger.

Go Tigers.

I got to the game 60 min early even though it was raining

Oct 4, 2015, 9:21 PM

as it was my first game this year and just wanted to take it all in.

Student sections were full then and rocking out to a DJ - I loved it!

What a great game atmosphere - thanks, all students!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i thought that was basketball -- don't think there has ever

Oct 4, 2015, 9:27 PM

been a problem for football games.

Oct 4, 2015, 9:32 PM

I'm still paying for sitting in the rain for four hours last night. Too old for that. The crowd was absolutely amazing.. for that weather, the turnout was awesome.

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

The students are an EMBARRASSMENT when they cheer

Oct 4, 2015, 10:03 PM

C-L-E-M-S-O-motherf###ing-N

A complete and utter EMBARRASSMENT to the University and all we stand for as a Clemson family.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: The students are an EMBARRASSMENT when they cheer

Oct 4, 2015, 10:10 PM

Yes sir. The environment is why I support clemson, Why I defend clemson, and why my kids will attend clemson.
But that kind of non sense is embarrassing.
And I hope the change of times don't drag our clemson culture into the pit with it .
We are hated by alot of the C.F.B. world because we have always stood for something different.

Oh no, some college students cursed, what are we

Oct 4, 2015, 10:21 PM [ in reply to The students are an EMBARRASSMENT when they cheer ]

gonna do? Seriously, I've heard them do that for at least a decade, and it's nowhere near as bad as some of the crap you see at other schools.

GO TIGERS

Just bc other school's are worse doesnt justify bad behavior

Oct 5, 2015, 12:39 AM

I'm not the type of person to get all up in arms about foul language, but I'm not gonna defend bad behavior either.

Also, when people began to gauge behavior based upon how badly other groups behave, it's only a lame excuse that tries to divert attention away from themselves. The way that students in Columbia or Athens behave has no bearing on what's appropriate. It's okay to hold Clemson to a higher standard—I would argue that it's expected.

Students have the right to use foul language during the game if they choose to do say. That doesn't mean it's appropriate for them to exercise that right.

Re: Just bc other school's are worse doesnt justify bad behavior

Oct 5, 2015, 7:21 AM

That's right! You bad kids! We are all cranky 90 year olds that are embarrassed by your behavior. Get off my lawn!

The original post was fine. The reactions to the post are pathetic.

No one can hear that. I sit home side @ the 50...

Oct 5, 2015, 12:38 AM [ in reply to The students are an EMBARRASSMENT when they cheer ]

and nothing the students chant can be heard with the lone exception being the "I believe" chant. When I was a student I yelled all sorts of profane chants mostly mocking other teams. It's all in good fun and it's part of what makes being a student fun.
Let the students say what they want. nobody can hear it a section away and don't vilify kids for having fun. Don't call people out for being an embarrassment.... That's embarrassing

...as if anyone could stop them.***

Oct 5, 2015, 6:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have never used that term in my life.

Oct 5, 2015, 6:09 AM [ in reply to The students are an EMBARRASSMENT when they cheer ]

Nor have I ever told a lie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 10:17 PM

Congrats on doing what you were supposed to be doing all year?

### are you looking for a pat on the back for?

You did what you were supposed to do the issue still remains you shouldnt need to people to tell you to do it.

I recommend you not looking for a pat on the back every time you do your job in the future. It will be expected out of you.

null

Oct 5, 2015, 12:08 AM

First off, I wasn't looking for a pat on the back. I just think it's interesting that people were bashing the student section hard after the Wofford game for "not showing up" when that stadium was 85% empty by the fourth quarter of a blowout and 90+ degree game. It's always easy to criticize someone and then shut up when they make you look like an idiot.

Most of the student body doesn't say "mother******* N." I barely heard it around me last night. In my experience, it's been mostly a few fraternity blocks that I won't name.

My post was originally meant to poke fun at those people that were critical earlier this season and extend my kudos to the crowd for showing up in the monsoon last night. I hadn't heard it that loud since UGA '13. Sorry for ruffling feathers.

Go Tigers.

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,552
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic