Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When USC(jr) quit on the ACC in 1970 Clemson should have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,625

When USC(jr) quit on the ACC in 1970 Clemson should have

Dec 2, 2013, 10:45 PM

declined to play them annually going forward. If they could not field a team to the same ACADEMIC standards as the Tigers did; why did we keep them on the schedule?

Should have dumped that second class school in Columbia 40 years ago. They sold their souls to be relevant with Spurrier.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When USC(jr) quit on the ACC in 1970 Clemson should have

Dec 2, 2013, 10:47 PM

You sound just like a coot 6 yrs ago

This post is so reminiscent of fgf just a few years ago

Dec 2, 2013, 10:56 PM

I'm embarrassed to see it on Tnet--a website to which I am a donor

Clemson's academic superiority over chickentech will never be an excuse for losing to them in any sport

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This post is so reminiscent of fgf just a few years ago

Dec 2, 2013, 11:38 PM

You're #### right. That has noting to do with it. Trying to beat yourself and another team tends to be difficult, it has nothing to do with which team has the most intelligent people on it. Clemson gave this game away this year I don't understand everyone pointing fingers and making absurd excuses like the ones above when we simply imploded and really pisssed away what could have been a great night and a big win, people need to accept that and just disregard the coots because coots will be coots whether they win or lose they will always proclaim superiority regardless of if we hand them their ### or #### the bed like we have the past few years and nothing will ever change that, clemson just has to be clemson and let the coots be the rednecks they are.

Re: This post is so reminiscent of fgf just a few years ago

Dec 3, 2013, 8:36 AM [ in reply to This post is so reminiscent of fgf just a few years ago ]

Post like the OP's are getting to be more common this week.

I'm trying to figure out how those dumb athletes at SCAR got Tajh to throw all those picks.

All those 2 picks? At the end of the game

Dec 3, 2013, 6:40 PM

When they were up 14 with <5 minutes in the game? Those picks were just frustration and when your losing like that you have to throw passes that you wouldn't normally throw because you have to make something happen. Please tell me your not one of the morons who think tajh boyd lost that game

Issue was much more complicated than you are aware

Dec 2, 2013, 10:57 PM

Someone with a little more age and wisdom can probably address this better than I. But I believe that USC was under the impression that both of us would withdraw from ACC but CU administration backed out.

Judges?

I've heard similar....

Dec 2, 2013, 10:58 PM

but they effed up in the long run.....sold their souls....

Re: I've heard similar....

Dec 2, 2013, 11:08 PM

Since 1992 the requirements for an athletic scholarship to Clemson and South Carolina HAVE BEEN THE EXACT SAME.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE in admission requirements for an athletic scholarship to Clemson or Carolina. If they make through the NCAA clearinghouse then they are going to play....period.

The rest it just made up "requirements" that don't exist.

Listen to Clemson players in an interview vs. Coots, there

Dec 2, 2013, 11:15 PM

is a glaring difference my friend. I'm embarassed for some of the Coots I've heard interviewed, I don't know how they ever even completed high school.

Re: Listen to Clemson players in an interview vs. Coots, there

Dec 3, 2013, 7:49 AM

have you ever heard William perry interviewed?

The only difference is

Dec 2, 2013, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I've heard similar.... ]

that Clemson has an Academic Advisory Council which gets involved with the admission of athletes and who determines whether or not, in their estimation, an athlete will succeed academically while enrolled in Clemson.....and they have declined admission to recruits before.

I'd be willing to bet usuck doesn't have an equivalent....and why would they need one anyhow.

But insofar as the rock bottom requirements for official NCAA approval, they are the same

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only difference is

Dec 3, 2013, 12:02 AM

South Carolina has had the same type of committee since at least 2004.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2964254

Re: I've heard similar....

Dec 2, 2013, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I've heard similar.... ]

In 1952 the SC legislature passed a bill that required the two schools to play every year .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

urban legend

Dec 3, 2013, 7:48 AM

At least partially. While the legislature MIGHT have passed such a bill, or at least considered it, it was only for one year and was not an indefinite mandate.

C'mon Man - your post is "feel sorry for ourselves" pitiful***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2013, 7:51 AM

> declined to play them annually going forward. If
> they could not field a team to the same ACADEMIC
> standards as the Tigers did; why did we keep them on
> the schedule?
>
> Should have dumped that second class school in
> Columbia 40 years ago. They sold their souls to be
> relevant with Spurrier.

Yeah, let's quit playing them now that we can no longer beat them. Wow, just Wow!

Dec 3, 2013, 7:52 AM

Our high academic standards sure didn't keep us from some stupid mistakes Saturday night.

Dec 3, 2013, 7:57 AM

True that!

Turf2, I'll tell you what many Clemson people said when

Dec 3, 2013, 8:14 AM

the Gamecocks left: that Clemson should follow suit!

Both schools were sick of the Tobacco Road influence along with their treating Clemson and S.C. like red-headed step-children. Even when Clemson won the ACC three or my four years in the 60's, hardly a Clemson person gave a d@mn...because we despised the rest of those SOB's.

And even after all these years I suspect there still remains much of those same attitudes among the older Clemson alumni and fans....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, Turf2...But the rivalry is so ingrained within both

Dec 3, 2013, 8:30 AM

fan bases that eliminating it would be a travesty.

It's our rivalry; it's their rivalry....Otherwise, it would be called the Annual Chicken Slaughter...or Tiger Killing. Then, it wouldn't be a rivalry; it would be just another game.

Win or lose, one group is going to be highly excited, the other, full of anger. But both get over the annual result, continue the "insults," then look forward to the next match-up. And that's what makes The Game well worth the anticipation.

but that would have taken away a lot of wins over 30 years***

Dec 3, 2013, 8:56 AM

Re: Academics were only a small part of reason that SC ..

Dec 3, 2013, 9:52 AM

left the ACC and in case you are not aware...Clemson had agreed to leave also but backed out at the last moment.

The biggest was the absolute disdain with which the Tobacco Road schools treated SC\Clemson....sound familiar?

One of the straws was over a particular player which the ACC officials would not allow to SC but would allow to enroll at Duke.

It was mostly over basketball because honestly neither football program was worth a dime....SC basketball was a hot commodity due to Frank McGuire.

Dec 3, 2013, 6:59 PM

KU is doing that now with Missouri. They wh0red themselves out to the SEC and took their Vandy trophy case and methhead hateful fans with them. And now Kansas refuses to play them because they turned their backs on the Big 12.

Pretty irrelevant to bring up SCU leaving the ACC now, since it sounds like sour grapes. But I can say as a KU fan that I don't miss playing MU one bit.

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,625
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic