Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What we don’t know about Trevor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

What we don’t know about Trevor

Sep 1, 2018, 1:52 PM

- How much of the playbook do we have access to at this point?
- How will he respond in a very hostile environment next week against superior athletes compared to this week?
- Can he run if needed?

We all knew he is a better passer and that was proven in the first half. The question we don’t know on TNET is whether he gives us a better chance AT THIS POINT compared to KB based on the above.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What we don’t know about Trevor

Sep 1, 2018, 1:53 PM

They both are using about 30% of the playbooks at best. Just basic base offense.

Or his favorite Kardashian

If we are even questioning who is better at this point why isn’t a slam dunk to get the freshman going.

Sep 1, 2018, 2:03 PM

Exactly. If it's debatable you go with the young talent

2 of his incompletions speaks volumes to me

Sep 1, 2018, 1:56 PM

about his ability. The end zone jump ball and one to the sideline earlier were both out where he gave our guy a chance but no chance at int. Shows me why he only threw one int his senior year

This fascination by some Clemson fans with a running QB has to stop.

Sep 1, 2018, 1:58 PM

Who cares if our starting QB is a great runner? Our main weapons are at WR and RB, and utilizing those talents is WAY more important than having a running threat at QB.

Part of our problem last year was that Bryant is too much of a run first QB. It makes it a lot easier to stop us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: This fascination by some Clemson fans with a running QB has to stop.

Sep 1, 2018, 2:00 PM

You clearly don’t understand the offense we are running.

I think the biggest issue

Sep 1, 2018, 2:04 PM

With a running QB is it gives the D an extra opportunity to hurt the QB. I completely agree running if no one is open but there are way to many athletes to need to risk the health of the QB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand it, just don’t agree with it.

Sep 1, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: This fascination by some Clemson fans with a running QB has to stop. ]

Great coaches adjust to the talent in place. I believe we have great coaches, so it would make no sense for them to make running with the QB a priority when we have a great passing QB in TL and outstanding receivers and running backs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I understand it, just don’t agree with it.

Sep 1, 2018, 2:12 PM

Again, you clearly don’t understand the offensive philosophy. And you didn’t listen to Dabo last year when KB was bruised and he reiterated that we would still run KB because it’s essential to what we do. Disagree if you want, but it’s clear that a QB who can run is important to Dabo’s offense.

You clearly don’t read.

Sep 1, 2018, 2:20 PM

I understand that having a dual threat QB is important to Dabo. But he would be a fool to insist on prioritizing running with the QB if it means failing my to get our other skill players involved.

If it means having a great passer like TL or a runner like KB, you take TL every time.

It’s obviously not so clear cut since KB can sometimes pass and TL can sometimes run. We pay our coaches a lot of money to figure this out, but it would be a shame if they insist on making players fit into a rigid system instead of adapting the system to fit the players.

Re: You clearly don’t read.

Sep 1, 2018, 2:33 PM

Deshaun was every bit the passer TL is and he had every offensive weapon TL has yet Dabo still utilized the QB run as a staple in the offense. I guess Dabo was a fool to run Deshaun for 1105 yards in 2015? But keep Internet Coaching.

FWIW, I believe TL WILL BE the starter before the year is over but I trust this coaching staff over TNET coaches to decide WHEN.

Re: don't understand the offense

Sep 1, 2018, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: This fascination by some Clemson fans with a running QB has to stop. ]

That's funny.

In that context, I don't think the word 'running' means what you think it does.

Sep 1, 2018, 1:59 PM

trevor can defiantly run, he showed in high School and the spring game. Kelly may be faster than him, but I can tell trevor is a smarter runner than kb, like Deshaun was a smarter runner than kb even though Kelly wins in raw speed

Sep 1, 2018, 2:00 PM

QBs have to be able to throw the ball on 3rd down against good defenses. You can't run read option on 3rd and 8 with any sort of consistency.

The running part is the only worry...

Sep 1, 2018, 2:08 PM

He has the arm, can he be a threat to hurt teams with his legs? Hopefully we see more in this game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The running part is the only worry...

Sep 1, 2018, 2:23 PM

Trevor can run very well, but with his tall physique I hope he doesn't get hurt.

Sep 1, 2018, 2:21 PM

what we do know about TL......we score TD's while he is on the field...........Go Tigers!!!!!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic