Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is your opinion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,179

What is your opinion

Oct 20, 2014, 11:41 PM

on this idea for the Clemson USC rivalry? http://thoughtfulgamecock.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/a-proposal-for-the-carolinaclemson-rivalry/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's a coot idea.***

Oct 20, 2014, 11:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: it's a coot idea.***

Oct 21, 2014, 6:48 AM

I like the idea.

Re: What is your opinion

Oct 21, 2014, 12:05 AM

USUC bowl is OK with me;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Call it the palmetto moon and I'm in.***

Oct 21, 2014, 12:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

sponsored by Moon Pie***

Oct 22, 2014, 10:44 AM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 21, 2014, 1:17 AM

Really t-net. Someone proposes an original idea with a reasonable rationale and this is the feedback? If you have better ideas please share them. I don't think this is bad but costs might be prohibitive. I do agree that the game does not get the national recognition that it deserves and that recognition is publicity. Looking forward to all the great suggestions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2014, 3:00 AM

I agree after all these years there needs to be something better than Hardee's trophy but thing to probably worry about is unless Clemson puts a big case around theirs the coots will probably try to steal it back year after year when Clemson gets the longest winning streak going again. GO TIGERS!!

After considerable thought ...

Oct 21, 2014, 1:45 AM

I would be happy to give the Coots the moon when they come to Death Valley, even though they will lose the game. I'm sure with some publicity and the support of IPTAY, the frats, and perhaps even the Governor we can get all the fans, over 80,000 strong, to join in and give USuC the moon, perhaps to cap the halftime show.

I'm All in! I mean ALL in.

Thank you for this excellent idea.

Moon over the Valley. Nice ring to it.

Oct 21, 2014, 1:50 AM

I like it. There will be national TV for it, yes?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Oct 21, 2014, 4:56 AM

I like it. Always thought we needed a better nickname/trophy.

Great idea but it's a gorget not a moon. A gorget is a

Oct 21, 2014, 6:31 AM

steel crescent shaped collar worn in battle to protect the throat in the Revolutionary War.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Its a Forget not a Moon Bowl" ?***

Oct 21, 2014, 6:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Its a Forget not a Moon Bowl" ?***

Oct 21, 2014, 6:41 AM

It is a moon. The gorget thing was what it was originally , but that has morphed into a moon ...which makes more sense today since the Civil War was about 900 years ago. The
Palmetto Moon Icon (brought to you by Deshaun Watson )

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The chicken tender bowl brought to you by Chik Filet***

Oct 21, 2014, 6:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a gorget, not a crescent moon.

Oct 21, 2014, 8:27 AM

So, we'd be playing for the gorget...not the moon.

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^This^^^^^

Oct 22, 2014, 11:45 AM

stupid gamecocks

Oct 21, 2014, 8:31 AM

I think the Palmetto Bowl is fine and using the palmetto tree, seeing as it is a symbol of our state, and one that isn't arguable, is a great idea for a trophy. But to use the moon just because it looks like a moon on the flag isn't a good idea imo. The symbol on the flag is not a moon. If they want to use the moon (which I hope they don't) then don't tie it to the state flag.

Oct 21, 2014, 3:34 PM

What if it was called a crescent?

Oct 22, 2014, 11:40 AM

How in hades would you "affix" the moon/gorget to the tree? Have a coat hanger sticking out that you hang it from?

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,179
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic