Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What current, college QB, excluding Clemson players, would you start, over Kelly Bryant?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,888

What current, college QB, excluding Clemson players, would you start, over Kelly Bryant?

Nov 21, 2017, 1:46 AM

Honestly I wouldn’t pick anyone over the homemgrown hero, Kelly Bryant .... and there is a very short list of people who could take the job in a hypothetical QB competition...

Im cool with letting our Champion coaching staff do their job ?? ?? ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What current, college QB, excluding Clemson players, would you start, over Kelly Bryant?

Nov 21, 2017, 6:09 AM

Lamar Jackson is about it. He would kill it in this offense

I’ll pass on that one***

Nov 21, 2017, 7:22 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll pass on that one***

Nov 21, 2017, 9:09 AM

Unlike Petrino Clemson would actually let and want Lamar to use his running ability and he is 100 times the runner kelly is from a pure speed standpoint and instincts. He would have the potential to be a 4000 yd passer and 1500 yd rusher if he played for Clemson.

This isn’t a knock on Kelly it’s just acknowedging the fact that Lamar is better

I'd pick Lamar Jackson as well

Nov 21, 2017, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: What current, college QB, excluding Clemson players, would you start, over Kelly Bryant? ]

With an actual team surrounding him and not riding his back .... he would definitely earn the Heisman this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had his chance. .***

Nov 21, 2017, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Lamar Jackson would be unstoppable with our O-line and WRs***

Nov 21, 2017, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: What current, college QB, excluding Clemson players, would you start, over Kelly Bryant? ]

as much as I despise Baker Mayfield, he would kill in this

Nov 21, 2017, 6:13 AM

offense. Kelly's only real struggles is misreading read-option (which Deshaun did too, by the way), and arm strength. The strange thing is that he has shown he can throw bullets 30 yards down the field, so there just has to be some mechanical issue holding him back on the bombs. Do not be surprised if we discover after the season that Bryant had some sort of shoulder issue that he held back from staff and that requires surgery.

Re: What current, college QB, excluding Clemson players, would you start, over Kelly Bryant?

Nov 21, 2017, 6:52 AM

Will Proctor?

Nov 21, 2017, 7:10 AM

From a purely passing prospective, I think Stidham from Awbarn would throw for about 400 a game with our receivers. Overall, I still wouldn't take him over Kelly Bryant, though, due to the elite running ability. KB is due to have a great passing game, and woe to the dirt peckers, they are in the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 8:12 AM

Did you watch our game against him? I will take KB all day.

Nov 21, 2017, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: What current, college QB, excluding Clemson players, would you start, over Kelly Bryant? ]

Lol “ woe to the dirt Peckers” ... they are in the way

Nov 21, 2017, 7:26 AM

Hurts....throws a nice deep ball and is a tough out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 8:10 AM

Right now at the end of the season nobody.
If KB has 2 good games vs the Coots and Miami.
His numbers will be pretty decent and with a 12-1 record I guess we can't ask for more .
But he will have to play better than he did the previous 2 games before The Citadel.
I hope we come out slinging it like last week.
The Coots secondary is really not that good .

Nov 21, 2017, 8:18 AM

Mason Rudolph at Oklahoma State looks pretty good and Will Grier at West Virginia is playing pretty well. Rudolph is from Rock Hill.
I personally think Kelly has exceeded expectations but that doesn't mean he's the best we could do. We are winning because of our defense I just hope we can continue that trend.

Nov 21, 2017, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: What current, college QB, excluding Clemson players, would you start, over Kelly Bryant? ]

Lamar Jackson
Josh Rosen

Rudolph, Jackson and Hurts***

Nov 21, 2017, 8:41 AM

Re: Rudolph, Jackson and Hurts***

Nov 21, 2017, 8:45 AM

KB's our QB this year, but there are plenty of excellent ones out there. If running is important, does anyone not think Fitzgerald at Mississippi State wouldn't be a stud in this offense?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 8:52 AM

Jake Bentley obviously.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

He asked about QB.. not a dAddy pacage deal***

Nov 21, 2017, 9:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Baker Mayfield, all day long

Nov 21, 2017, 9:05 AM

Just kidding.

No way in heck. But I know some of you folks got fired up. Love KB and what a great job he's done this season.

Nov 21, 2017, 9:15 AM

Deshaun Watson...he should still be in College!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,888
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic