Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What color were our uniforms?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

What color were our uniforms?

Nov 18, 2018, 3:40 PM

Somebody told me they were purple, but they sure looked like that “Bowden blue” we had for few years. It kind of made senses, cause the first half we played like a Bowden team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and here I thought it was my tv***

Nov 18, 2018, 3:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: What color were our uniforms?

Nov 18, 2018, 3:52 PM

They were blue on my TV.

Mine also

Nov 18, 2018, 3:58 PM

but everyone was wearing blue. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking at the pics on front page they were clearly purple..

Nov 18, 2018, 5:44 PM

also comparing them to duke's blue, they were clearly "not blue." But, that didn't show up very well on TV for some reason. Night game with the lights on and funky technical stuff with the ESPN cameras messing with how they looked on TV?

Speaking of our play, I feel like we never play well in the purple uniforms, but I could be wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We wore orange pants and purple tops vs. Ga Tech

Nov 18, 2018, 10:11 PM

1995??? maybe? Beat that asz in Atlanta. I was at that game, and it was glorious. Think it was late October, they called it the Halloween Massacre, maybe?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Definitely purple in person. But I noticed it on the video

Nov 18, 2018, 6:27 PM

boards. Duke looked robins egg as the white balance seemed off. Only noticed it after Renfrow went out.

very deep, dark Crown Royal bag purple

Nov 18, 2018, 6:37 PM

live in person.

Nov 18, 2018, 10:15 PM

Looked just like Florida colors. Think espn was dinking with the color. Knew that wasn't right.

Nov 19, 2018, 11:45 AM

"Regalia" is the color, officially.

Back in the 1990's and the 2000's Bowden era, it was this bright, Barney purple. Dabo got rid of that and has been against purple except for military appreciation day.

As such, we've seen our shades of purple change. I remember back in the 90s and 2000's, it was a bold Barney purple. In 2012 and 2013, it was a duller purple, more of a lower profile, duller, "Drab purple". The university has been adding some changes to make it deeper. Now, in person, and on TV, the purple uniforms are starting to look closer and closer to Navy Blue, which is more true to actual "Regalia".

I think this is an appeal to tradition and the administration's attempts at getting rid of anything related to Bowden and the 90's era that preceded him.

Purple has never been an official Clemson color, and it still isnt. The official Clemson colors have always been Orange, White, and Regalia. Regalia is a shade of Navy Blue with a purplish undertone, but it is still a shade of the color blue. As such, the uniforms need to look more Navy Blue than purple, and thats what we are getting.

Hatfield was the one that introduced purple, despite 60 years of prior tradition of wearing Blue and Orange. Lots of Clemson fans these days also despise purple, its up there with the "woo hoo". Not to mention, purple and orange is just awful to look at.

The administration is making changes to make our brand more in line with Clemson's traditions and history, also simplifying it and streamlining the Clemson brand as well. You cant do that if your colors are tacky. Purple just isnt one of our colors. It was a color that was introduced for no reason at the behest of Hatfield, and became the theme color for what could arguably be called the worst era of Clemson football in program history.

Simply put, they need to trash the purple and go back to Regalia Blue, which I believe is what the administration is in the process of doing. Slowly phasing out purple and bringing back Regalia Blue, as it should be.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic