Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trenton Simpson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 5,031

Trenton Simpson

Nov 1, 2019, 3:05 PM

Really wish we would offer this guy, I know that Flowe is top LB priority but one plays inside one outside so they could both be on the field at the same time. Wondering what's up with not offering, I know numbers and all but this kid is a missile and if we put him and Flowe on the field at the same time I couldn't think of a better LB duo we've ever had if they pan out the same way they play now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trenton Simpson

Nov 1, 2019, 3:06 PM

5* by 247. Grew up a Clemson fan and has made 5+ visits to Clemson and even said when we offer everything can change even if we wait until signing day.

https://247sports.com/Player/Trenton-Simpson-46048683/

Nov 1, 2019, 3:12 PM

Maybe his willingness to wait is why we are making sure we know what we are getting everywhere else before we commit to an offer.

He seems to be oversign-worthy but it's still a numbers game in the big picture.

We could take one of the 5 walk-on scholarships

Nov 1, 2019, 7:36 PM

that we will have next year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2019, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Trenton Simpson ]

It’s Tarheels or Tigers. Mallard Creek is in with chapel hill. He would really fit in with CoachVs system.

It would be a shame not to make room for a guy like that

Nov 1, 2019, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Trenton Simpson ]

Maybe a spot will open up before signing day

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2019, 3:58 PM

I don't think the lack of an offer has anything to do with his decision. If no offer is made it's because they know he's going to UNC.

Nov 1, 2019, 4:02 PM

Absolutely wrong. He specifically says he grew up a Clemson fan and a Clemson offer changes everything and could even be where he lands on signing day if they were to offer. Why would we have not offered knowing he's going to UNC when he's been committed to Auburn and 3-4 of his visits he was an uncommitted prospect?

Nov 1, 2019, 7:12 PM

Bottom line: If Dabo and CBV don't think he should be offered, I'm good with trusting their judgement.

However, I don't believe a lack of scholarships or perceived overlap with Justin Flowe (there is none) are issues.

Whatever he said about growing up a Clemson fan and an offer "changes everything" doesn't mean Clemson is his choice right now. I don't think we are and that is why an offer hasn't been made.

Nov 1, 2019, 4:10 PM

Todays recruiting article at STS answers your question

I really like your thinking about LB duos

Nov 1, 2019, 5:04 PM

but if Flowe and Simpson together can be better than any duo from Levon Kirkland/John johnson, John Johnson/Ed McDaniel, Levon Kirkland/Wayne Simmons, Levon Kirkland/Ed McDaniel, or Ed McDaniel/Wayne Simmons, then they will rightfully be all time greats in the annals of Clemson history... FOR SURE!!

those guys were mon-STARS in '89 and '90

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’re already full at LB

Nov 1, 2019, 5:27 PM

With Flowe as an oversign and there’s really only 3 spots left and 4 players (STS article today lays this out well). Flowe and Burch have spots if they want them and then Arian Smith would take the last WR spot and last spot in this class. Signed a ton of LB’s last year and already have 2 (likely 3 with Flowe) and there aren’t many leaving after this year.

I do agree with you that he would be awesome but I’m worried our class filled up too early which is something we’re going to deal with frequently.

Re: We’re already full at LB

Nov 1, 2019, 6:08 PM

If it’s a scholarship number issue. Couldn’t Tyler Venables grey shirt or just pay his own way so we could sign this guy. He looked like a man amongst boys vs Dutch Fork earlier this year!

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST !....

Nov 1, 2019, 6:43 PM

such a logical solution; never happen, but it's still a logical solution, an easy fix. I reached the same conclusion, but I've got a better chance of winning the lottery, that I don't play.

Nov 1, 2019, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: We’re already full at LB ]

Tyler Venables is the most valuable member of this class...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2019, 2:27 AM

Yeah, our lowest rated recruit is also our most valuable...

Yep.

Nov 2, 2019, 3:09 AM

Keeps CBV around. I would give up a scholarship every year for that. Not saying his son is a waste... just saying I would gladly give up one.

Nov 2, 2019, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: We’re already full at LB ]

I think that BornATiger is right that it is more of a linebacker numbers issue than an outright scholarship numbers issue. I haven't heard anything about Phillip Webb in a while either so I think Flowe is a pretty safe bet.

Nov 1, 2019, 6:13 PM

Just saw his highlights for the first time! WOW! Amazing!

Nov 1, 2019, 8:01 PM

Yeah he's the total package! Long, fast vertically and laterally and already collegiate size. Not to mention his vertical is almost 40 inches! I understand being full at linebacker but I don't think we're full at linebackers with this kind of athleticism! I don't mind not offering him if I heard of any red flags but I'm pretty into recruiting and nobody has any dirt on this guy to suggest why we haven't offered.

Nov 2, 2019, 3:32 AM

Drop one of our 2 linebackers already committed for Simpson. He’s definitely better than both

Nov 2, 2019, 11:28 AM

I really want them to offer this kid. If he were to commit before Burch and we don’t take Burch. I’d be fine with that. One kid wants to be here. Another is slow playing everyone. Get the kid who wants to be here!

Nov 2, 2019, 1:21 PM

I think we need to offer and lock him up, never to many good LB's!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 5,031
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic