Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, interesting read on airborne transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 597

Well, interesting read on airborne transfer

Mar 30, 2020, 6:15 AM

I linked an earlier article on lab tests and was derided as a fear mongerer, paniced and much more. Well, here you go folks it seems likely as this event shows. No it is not a scientific study, could be mere happenstance but those odds are unlikely .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/choir-decided-ahead-rehearsal-now-023414705.html
https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/NR0vijZ6Zgzg8YZWGEM49Q--~B/aD01NjA7dz04NDA7c209MTthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/la_times_articles_853/b4f94f51df3ca853569d0c51ffa5e977">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, interesting read on airborne transfer

Mar 30, 2020, 7:40 AM

"It seemed like a normal rehearsal, except that choirs are huggy places."

No one denies that getting in a confined space with someone who is infected won't get you in trouble. What medical professionals are saying is that the likelihood of getting infected while walking down an uncrowded sidewalk is slim to none.

We are in a prison of two choices. Each of us seems to lean toward being absolutely positive it's one or the other because of the security that brings. Where we are outside our comfort zone is when we have to evaluate a situation and make a decision when our life in on the line.

I have no intention of going out in public until most people stay home and I know how to keep myself safe if I did. My risk factor is higher than a hoar's skirt on Friday night. If I didn't have severe heart damage I would do more shopping. I may anyway when price of the n95 mask come down to 5 bucks each. I have a negative pressure mask but it's half face and negative pressure. People would freak in they saw someone wearing that getup.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 9:04 AM

Except they said they observed distancing practices and the huggy part was not done. As far as your mask , I wear my 1/2 face canister with n95 filters in carriers, do not care what other folks think

I'm sure there are at least 60 corner for them to stand in..

Mar 30, 2020, 10:08 AM

while they sang. Choirs must be in close assembly to practice. It was reckless and foolish.

Imo, it's no more foolish than Marta gras or the NYC celebration of the Chinese New year both which took place after the virus invaded North America.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 9:04 AM

People still use yahoo?

yahoo articles are just leftist drivel

Mar 30, 2020, 10:10 AM

just like this one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is one of the most frustrating parts of this

Mar 30, 2020, 12:07 PM

So you're saying because

Mar 30, 2020, 12:12 PM

these scientists are running additional experiments and gaining additional data points causing them to revise their knowledge of the virus, you give up on them? Did you pay attention in science class?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: So you're saying because

Mar 30, 2020, 12:17 PM

So you're going to go with your gut

Mar 30, 2020, 12:21 PM

and President Trump instead of infectious disease experts.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: So you're going to go with your gut

Mar 30, 2020, 12:53 PM

Mar 30, 2020, 12:29 PM

The wife and I are closer to 70 than 60. She is diabetic and has had pneumonia before. She has stayed in totally since 3/20 and I only go out to pickup groceries and prescription which are drive up. We have been taking a 30 minute walk through our neighborhood subdivision for fitness each day but that's it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck & stay healthy.***

Mar 30, 2020, 12:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 597
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic