Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Athlons top 50 QB's of the BCS era 
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Athlons top 50 QB's of the BCS era 

Mar 26, 2013, 7:51 AM

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-50-quarterbacks-bcs-era

30. Aaron Murray
49. Tajh Boyd

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aaron Murray is going to be a 4 year starter.

Mar 26, 2013, 8:02 AM

Tajh has been a starter for 2 years.

One would hope Murray would be ahead.

It's funny, because had Tajh been a starter for 4 years, he'd be blowing Murray out of the water.

Re: Aaron Murray is going to be a 4 year starter.

Mar 26, 2013, 11:08 AM

Be glad your in the top 50

Mar 26, 2013, 11:42 AM

4 Year stats for Murray: 10,091 yds, 95 TD, 32 INT, 61.5%, 202 yds, 9 TD

2 year stats for Tajh: 8,053 yds, 73 TD, 28 INT, 765 yds, 16 TD

Let's assume Tajh started for all 4 years.

4 Year Projection for Tajh:

16,106 yds, 146 TDs, 56 INT, 1530 yds, 32 TDs.

Lulz. There's not even a comparison between the two.

In defense of Murray, if Tajh had started before he did,

Mar 26, 2013, 11:54 AM

I have no doubt his freshman stats would skew those results a bit. Plus an offense without Chad Morris wouldn't have nearly as many TD's

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That said, it'd still be higher than Murrays stats.***

Mar 26, 2013, 11:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2013, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Aaron Murray is going to be a 4 year starter. ]

"3" year stats for Murray ... (Just to make a better comparison.)

Tajh is the type QB that gives us a tough time ...

We traditionally start out slow ...

Night game @ Clemson ...

All leans towards Clemson - Just don't count Georgia's question marks and definite weakness ...

One team is not going to start their season out like they want ...

Will be a close game ... Wife and kids will have to send me down to the basement to watch ... not going to be fun to be around ... win, lose, or draw!

Mar 26, 2013, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Aaron Murray is going to be a 4 year starter. ]

"Be glad your in the top 50"

nice spelling chief. guess you missed that class. we know you're glad to be a walmart uga fan.

You're*

Mar 26, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Aaron Murray is going to be a 4 year starter. ]

And I('m not in the top 50, but Tajh is

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woah, slow down.

Mar 26, 2013, 10:05 PM

He's a UGay fan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nice grammar.***

Mar 26, 2013, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Aaron Murray is going to be a 4 year starter. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Athlons top 50 QB's of the BCS era 

Mar 26, 2013, 8:05 AM

Pretty solid names on that list. Makes you think back to what they were able to accomplish, and where they are at now in their careers.

As for your two QB's you chose to bullet above, we will find out who has the right to be on top soon enough :)

Mar 26, 2013, 8:26 AM

I don't understand how Braxton Miller is above Tajh; or even on list. I understand he is dynamic, but he has only played one year.

Mar 26, 2013, 11:54 AM

Not to mention overrated.

LOL...So glad to see our resident Dawg fan up and at em

Mar 26, 2013, 8:06 AM

early this morn posting tidbits bound to cause shivers among the Tiger faithful. In the words of George VI of Great Britain after the Japanese invaded Holland and France, "We are not amused." Or in the words of FDR after the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor, "D@mn the torpedoes...Full speed ahead. We're going after the Mexicans." Yet, I will credit you with the guts (audacity, some would say) to show your true loyalties via your user name, much unlike most trollers who hide behind false names...then proceed to out themselves. Looking forward to August 31st....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad.

Mar 26, 2013, 8:10 AM

Still time to move up.

Welcome back to Tiger Board(s) my fellow collegiate

Mar 26, 2013, 8:14 AM

football fan! First I must say that on one of your previous visits, I treated you less cordially than some people thought I should have. I do not, however, apologize for it, just pointing it out.

Second, last week Athlon listed Boyd as 2nd in their Heisman standings heading into this season. No, Murray was not first, that spot belonged to Braxton Miller.

So why the discrepancy between their two articles? Come on UGADawgfan, let us apply some common sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Kind Sir, although I realize that your post was directed

Mar 26, 2013, 8:26 AM

to another party, may I take this moment to offer my compliments and sincere regards. Your well-being, physically, mentally and emotionally, is aforefront in my daily considerations, and I shall continue to pray for your continual vibrancy. May you partake of all the finer things which are partakable this fine day!

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you my good fellow, your sentiments are very

Mar 26, 2013, 8:33 AM

much appreciated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Clearly, I do not participate in communication so refined..

Mar 26, 2013, 11:56 AM

and gentle. I know where I do not belong.

Laying all that aside, I don't like have a dog hump my leg.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome back to Tiger Board(s) my fellow collegiate

Mar 26, 2013, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Welcome back to Tiger Board(s) my fellow collegiate ]

Well, luckily..We will find out who the better QB is in August when they go head to head. Wonder if we'll hear from mr dognation after that.

That can't be right, Quarterback Guru Steve Spurrier has no

Mar 26, 2013, 9:40 AM

one on that list. It has to be false. He is the best QB coach of all time, ask ESPN!!!

> http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/college-f
> ootballs-top-50-quarterbacks-bcs-era
>
> 30. Aaron Murray
> 49. Tajh Boyd

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 words..

Mar 26, 2013, 9:44 AM

who cares...

but really, I would say Tajh is as good as any.

That's sweet. Thanks for posting

Mar 26, 2013, 11:34 AM

I'm guessing on September 1st you will be in the Federal Witness Protection program with lonelyneverheardfromhimagaincajun@WECRAMPU

Whatcha think ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Athlon pick South Carolina to win the BCS last year?***

Mar 26, 2013, 11:39 AM

If I can make it to the top 50 quarterbacks of the BCS era

Mar 26, 2013, 11:39 AM

with only 2 years starting, eclipsing players like Carson Palmer, I'll take it.

He has a chance for something special in year 3, we'll see where he ends up after that.

You keep listing the reason your team should win this game.

Mar 26, 2013, 11:52 AM

Spot the ball and see how many point all that bullchit puts on the score board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously...UGADawgfan must be like 12

Mar 26, 2013, 2:00 PM

This doesn't mean anything

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So how much better does that make him, factually speaking?

Mar 26, 2013, 2:03 PM

would you say 10%?

Good. Give him some motivation to show 'im up.***

Mar 26, 2013, 2:08 PM

Mar 26, 2013, 10:13 PM

It is nearly impossible to do these type of lists one you get past the top few guys. Not sure who I would pick between the two. Both are very good. I will say this, though. I am not sure how murray would do in a system like morris runs but I think boyd could have been just as successful in a more traditional offense.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic