Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We win, We in. period.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

We win, We in. period.

Nov 6, 2019, 9:52 AM

nm

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: We win, We in. period. Very true

Nov 6, 2019, 9:55 AM

I dont see us having the ability to get in by losing a late like we did w Pitt a few years ago though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We win, We in. period. Maybe....

Nov 6, 2019, 10:21 AM

To play devils advocate here. Lets say this weekend LSU loses by 1 point to Alabama at Alabama. Do you think LSU drops out of the top 4? Further, lets say Penn State and Ohio State are both undefeated when they meet on November 23rd at Ohio State. And, Penn State loses by only 1 point. Does Penn State drop out of the top 4 for an undefeated Clemson team? The Northeast press and SEC press homers will be screaming at the top of their lungs for Penn State and LSU. I am not a conspiracy theory guy, but if I were the commissioner of both the SEC and B1G, I would be trying to facilitate this as much as possible. With the release of this poll there is an outside possibility we could have a B1G /SEC only CFP, though it is an outside chance. Which I wholly disagree with. If you aren't a conference champion, you should be eliminated from consideration, period. Now having said that Clemson needs to lay waste to their remaining schedule, and go completely scorched earth. This will force the committee's eye and to an extent their hand. If we win we are in, Clemson just needs to win convincingly from here on out, and there will be no doubt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 10:24 AM

We will be ahead of at least 1 of those teams in that scenario. 100%. We will be in the top 4 after this weekend and will remain there if we dont lose another game.

I don't completely agree with you here...

Nov 6, 2019, 10:46 AM

If LSU loses by 1 to Bama, both will remain in the top 4. LSU to 4 Bama to 1 0r 2.

I'm not worried about what happens this weekend... there is a lot of ball still to be played.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: I don't completely agree with you here...

Nov 6, 2019, 10:47 AM

Maybe, but I suspect the winner othe Bama game wins by 7 or more. Then the issue is done.

Nov 6, 2019, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: We win, We in. period. Maybe.... ]

At the end of it all, assuming we take care of business, we will have one very important differentiator - a conference championship. That is a critical factor the committee uses, and obviously it can't be accounted for until December. At least two of the four teams ahead of us will not have that on their resume, and that itself is enough to move us up even if LSU's only blemish is a one point loss to Alabama.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic