Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We Can Easily be Fooled by Appearances
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,427

We Can Easily be Fooled by Appearances

Apr 5, 2020, 1:50 PM

My wife and I got married when we were both in college. We didn't have much money so we could not afford the top of the line appliances and other household items when the need arose. We bought an aluminum coffee percolator, probably the cheapest we could find, But that old percolator made the best coffee in the world. After college and with our moving around, the old percolator suffered some dents, one being in the spout. With a bit more upgrade, moneywise, we purchased a new and improved percolator. The new percolator did not improve the taste of the coffee one iota, in fact, it tasted even worse, so out came the old percolator.

Some time later my in-laws came for a visit. My father-in-law must have seen that old percolator and thought old Joe21 was too poor or too tight to provide his daughter with a decent percolator. He went down to an appliance store and came back with a super-dooper coffee maker that could do every thing except pour the coffee in the cup. Oops. There was one more thing it couldn't do, make a decent cup of coffee. As soon as my in-laws had left the drive way to return home, my wife and I rushed back inside, got out the old battered percolator, and made us a good cup of coffee.

Lesson learned. Don't be fooled by the appearance of an object.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We Can Easily be Fooled by Appearances

Apr 5, 2020, 1:59 PM

Now you are the old percolator still working well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 2:10 PM

I know what you mean I have an old GE fridge that my great uncle bought refurbished for my grandmother she used it until she moved into a senior living facility. Now I have it and is the best thing I have. Everybody talks about getting me a new one but I love it in part because it was my grandmother's but also because I know it better than anything they have out their today. I think it is somewhere in the ballpark of 50 some odd years old.

Apr 5, 2020, 5:21 PM

So true about a coffee maker. Its tougher than one thinks to find a good one. I mean, you can find some very attractive ones out there, but dang it just dont taste right.

Apr 5, 2020, 5:45 PM

Great post

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,427
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic