Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watkins needs a decent QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Watkins needs a decent QB

Nov 14, 2014, 7:01 AM

Sammy runs great routes only to see his sorry QB miss him by a mile! I know he is tired of this and his frustrations are coming out. He still leads all rookie WR's with yards and his QB could not throw it in the ocean standing knee deep!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watkins needs a decent QB

Nov 14, 2014, 7:05 AM

That's why the Bills were dumb to trade picks to get a WR. Too many other holes.

Nov 14, 2014, 7:10 AM

Yeah , I mean they coulda traded up to get a shiny new defensive end who only plays 1/8th of his snaps in any game ....thise being the games he will actually participate in .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 14, 2014, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Watkins needs a decent QB ]

I would rather get a qb in free agency or later rounds. Who they pick with these top picks blows my mind.

It's nearly impossible to get a good QB via free agency

Nov 14, 2014, 8:05 AM

The good ones are drafted and never leave. Drew Brees was an anomaly due to the Chargers drafting Rivers (well Eli and trading him for Rivers) and then Brees getting hurt when he finally started to play well.

Nov 14, 2014, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Watkins needs a decent QB ]

not a little biased are you?? dumb statement

There probably wasn't a Super Bowl type QB in this

Nov 14, 2014, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Watkins needs a decent QB ]

draft. Sammy has probably sold a lot more jerseys than who they would have picked in the spot they started with.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Play calling was a little conservative. Second and short and

Nov 14, 2014, 8:06 AM

not once did they take a shot down field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2014, 8:29 AM

I only saw up to about mid-way through the 1st half but it seemed to me that the QB hardly even looked Watkins' way in the pass game. Seems to me they would try to make him more of a part of the game plan.

Nov 14, 2014, 8:38 AM

I agree....Orton is pathetic....Sammy was open a bunch last night and that loser couldn't get him the ball at all!!!

They better find a QB next year beause all the talent at WR isn't going to mean diddly if they can't get them the ball!!!!

Orton stinks

Nov 14, 2014, 8:39 AM

He underthrew the pass to Sammy that would have won the game on Sunday, and he sucked out loud last night. It's no accident that Orton has played for half the teams in the NFL - he's serviceable but not a consistent winner. It's hard to believe that EJ Manuel is worse than Orton. I feel bad for Sammy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Orton stinks

Nov 14, 2014, 10:05 AM

Sammy and Nuk both have terrible QBs. Would love to see them with a decent QB. They put up good numbers with what the have.

Nov 14, 2014, 2:28 PM

They aren't getting a new QB next year because they don't have a 1st rounder. Hence, it was a stupid trade.

You can like Watkins and still admit it was a stupid trade.

Nov 14, 2014, 3:14 PM

Brees , Brady , Romo , Foles , Wilson ...all starters that are great qbs ... but not 1st round picks.

DB23

Nov 14, 2014, 4:32 PM

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24569874/was-trading-up-for-sammy-watkins-worth-it-history-says-no?v=1&vc=1

Brees was a high 30s pick. Foles is not great and Brady and Wilson are not the norm. You generally should not bank on finding franchise Qbs in late rounds.

Nov 14, 2014, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Orton stinks ]

Orton has the same problems that most backups do.

He can keep the game moving along but doesn't have the pure arm/athletic talent to make all the throws you need to in order to be elite.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic