Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top 10 reasons CU lost the playoff to Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Top 10 reasons CU lost the playoff to Bama

Jan 4, 2018, 4:04 AM

1.Uncle Nick ..Best EVER forgetaboutit.We didn't match wits very well this time out.
2.Bama had the edge.. and an edge because of the axe to grind from last year.
3.New Orleans...IDK If its true Dabo picked the Sugar but if he did that was awful.
4.O-Line..Is it that hard to play o-line vs a roided up Bama ? it looked so.
5.Bama is Bama .. You wanna be the man you gotta beat the man and we certainly failed.
6.O-Strategy.. Nothing changed at all during the layoff.same plays, same formations,etc.
7.Non Officials..Worst officiated game ever .They simply saw the Tide as Jesus
8.Alabama played their game.. We became the nail instead of the hammer.No Ben to enforce sh!t.
9.Rested Tide..Sat home while we had to prep hard for a dangerous Miami team.
10.Bama made the plays when it counted.. more prepared ,more focused.Hats off to the Tide.

Nice rebuilding year Tigers..We will be back!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got to reason #3

Jan 4, 2018, 4:32 AM

and quit........it's over, I'm moving on

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Top 10 reasons CU lost the playoff to Bama

Jan 4, 2018, 5:04 AM

You left out one reason.
The committee voted them in when they didn't even win their conference.

Jan 4, 2018, 6:35 AM

So what? Are you trying to say bama isn’t one of the best 4 teams in the country this year? Even after handling us?

It’s not the playoff committees job to vote on division winners or conference champs. It’s their job to select the best 4 teams, which they did.

Best teams smescht teams

Jan 4, 2018, 7:37 AM

They didn't diserve to be there.

Is syracuse 1 of the 4 best teams? They beat clemson.

Auburn beat uga and bama, are they 1 of the best teams?

The committee has 4 spots for 5 power 5 conference champs. All they need to do is pick which 4.

Ohio had no bidness being in last year, bama this year.

This isn't a playoff, it is the bcs with 4 teams instead of 2 and 1 poll of 12 voters instead of dozens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Best teams smescht teams

Jan 4, 2018, 8:16 AM

With your reasoning then there is no way a playoff caliber team would lose to Syracuse. I guess the results on the field Monday reflected that as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best teams smescht teams

Jan 4, 2018, 10:04 AM

The results on the field Monday had 0 to do with us losing to Syracuse this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Say what? A playoff caliber team would win

Jan 5, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Best teams smescht teams ]

Its conference champ game and then represent it's conference in the playoff

Resume:
Did you win your conference
Are you better than the other teams that won their conference.

The end.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 4, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Top 10 reasons CU lost the playoff to Bama ]

Based on resume prior to selection day I was of the opinion they did not deserve to be there. They beat two average ranked teams (Miss St. and LSU) and had just been handled by Auburn.

Based on the first 12 games they had no resume to stand on, but pointed to mounting injuries throughout the season. We got a pass because KB was injured against Syracuse, but that doesn't last multiple games.

The committee also came out the week before the Champ Games and said "Teams 4-8 are razor thin." So, tell me, if multiple teams are razor thin, in this case Bama, Ohio State, and Wisconsin, and Ohio State beats Wisconsin that doesn't make up enough "razor thin" ground to get in? During the selection show they stated that Bama was unequivocally better, not what they said the week before.

Now, don't get me wrong, a 100% healthy Bama was one of the four best teams, but they didn't prove it on the field until they were gifted the spot in the playoffs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oline, limited QB ability, Play Calling, Bama D was great*****

Jan 4, 2018, 5:06 AM

Jan 4, 2018, 5:14 AM

I believe that the biggest reason we couldn't match up with Bama is because, Saban has a way of turning juniors into seniors that equates to more experience and leadership. Our juniors would rather attempt the risk of making it in the NFL than taking another year to prepare and improving their chances for the NFL... Nothing beats better experienced leadership, especially in college sports that is a continuous revolving door!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but I can

Jan 4, 2018, 6:54 AM

understand. Mike W had 17 million reasons to leave and none to stay

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Alabama returned 11 starters from last year's team...

Jan 4, 2018, 8:01 AM

Clemson returned 12.

http://plus.philsteele.com/Blogs/2017/FEB17/DBFeb25.html

[Shaun Dion Hamilton was one of those returning starters, others?]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#9 gave me a chuckle***

Jan 4, 2018, 9:15 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

We've lost two playoff games - both to Bama - both INDOORS

Jan 4, 2018, 9:27 AM

Don't play Bama INDOORS!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 4, 2018, 10:14 AM

The condensed version:

Reasons 1-10=Bama

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 11:16 AM

Have to agree with #3. It was a Bama home game. I sat on the 5 yard line Clemson side closer to the Bama endzone and when we were on defense I couldn't hear our fans. The Bama fans were loud and outnumbered us. I was surprised we didnt have a better turn out. The ticket prices kept dropping so no excuses on prices being too high. The upper get in price a few hours before the game was $45.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic