Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tom Shady and the New England Deflatriots !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,150

Tom Shady and the New England Deflatriots !

Jan 23, 2015, 9:29 AM

It's pretty obvious everyone involved is lying. People are shameless these days. I'd have more respect if someone admitted that they deflated the balls so they would be easier to hold on to. Don't lie about it !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tom Shady and the New Endland Deflatriots !

Jan 23, 2015, 9:34 AM

I just don't get it on this. Brady said "I went thru the balls that afternoon b4 the game and picked out the 12 I wanted to use." What kind of crap does the NFL expect if they let the qb do that? They don't let baseball pitchers go thru baseballs and pick out the ones they want to use. They don't let basketball players pick out the ball they want to use. Why would the NFL be so dumb as to let football players pick out which ball they want to use. When you have sneaky, cheating sob's liek Bellichek you're just asking for trouble.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to wonder if the ref's ever noticed them during the

Jan 23, 2015, 9:36 AM

game. Looks like a rule change is in order.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have to wonder if the ref's ever noticed them during the

Jan 23, 2015, 10:51 AM

C'mon guys - do you really believe someone let the air out at some point? The refs checked the balls before the game and multiple refs touch them after each play. This is a non-issue. Just a bunch of Patriot-haters making a big deal out of nothing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tom Shady and the New Endland Deflatriots !

Jan 23, 2015, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Tom Shady and the New Endland Deflatriots ! ]

They do that because they don't usually lose footballs. In the MLB, they go through dozens of baseballs in an inning. The idea is to have a completely unblemished ball. Conversely, in football, quarterbacks are allowed to "customize" their football due to the fact that they often play in adverse weather (whether it be precipitation or temperature) and rarely deliver the ball in an ideal playing environment. In baseball, a pitcher hangs out on the mound and delivers the ball when he sees fit. He also pushes off from the rubber for added velocity and has the advantage of being higher than his target. In football, a quarterback is under pressure constantly and often throws while moving. He also throws from field-level.

That's why the quarterbacks are usually given lenience when it comes to the light customization of footballs, which is what this would be.

Re: Tom Shady and the New England Deflatriots !

Jan 23, 2015, 9:50 AM

Yes they are lying and will get more for doing so, but I'd do the samething.

Jan 23, 2015, 10:01 AM

I agree that something shady is going on but I don't think it warrants accusing them of being liars.

D. Jackson said he didn't notice that the ball was under-inflated when he intercepted the ball. And keep in mind, the refs also handled the balls on the field during the entire half as well and didn't make a change until halftime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2015, 10:48 AM

I bet those balls were the same balls used the week
before.....so maybe no one touched them at all before
game time, so they would be telling the truth....Maybe, he
may have been using that type ball for many game/for years...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

So the NFL can't afford new footballs?***

Jan 23, 2015, 10:51 AM

Jan 23, 2015, 11:13 AM

Just so yall know dutch coleman mentioned this thread and the use of "tom shady" on 105.5 the roar. But he did give argonaut the credit for it, even mentioned you by name. So dutch reads tigernet, I wonder who he posts under? Huh dutch? Who you be? Since your the smarter of the 2 hosts on your segment you need to talk to your boy qualk and get him away from those duds at TCI. Yea I said duds, not dudes. Tell qualk when he gets on his rants he sounds like george costanza.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,150
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic