Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Religion of Peace Has Been Busy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

The Religion of Peace Has Been Busy

Jun 15, 2016, 6:53 AM

It appears as if the religion of peace has been busy as of late. With it being Ramadan they're trying to share their peace with the rest of the world. I would like to send a special thanks to President Obama for refusing to send troops to fight these guys on their soil. Now we will have the pleasure of watching our children die from suicide attacks, snipers, IED's and other horrible ahem, I mean peaceful things that they have to offer. Especially thanks to Sec. Kerry for allowing Iran to have those Nukes. We wouldn't want our Persian friends to be in the dark would we? Oh, and thank you for fostering refugee programs that will benefit America with the religion of peace for years to come.

Let's see what's going on with our Peaceful Religious display of affection today...

Well, we have Orlando attacks on a night club. Then a Suicide Bombing attempt in California, followed by some guy who attempted to shoot up a local Walmart in Texas. Then our peaceful descendants of Ishmael showed their affection with France again today.

Gosh, don't we just love that peace that they are sharing with all of us? For more of that outstanding peace please cast your vote for Hillary Clinton in November...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

You're a racist. Allah hu akbar.***

Jun 15, 2016, 10:09 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Religion makes you do crazy ####. That is for sure.***

Jun 15, 2016, 10:46 AM

I did some crazy chit before I got saved.

Jun 15, 2016, 2:16 PM

Afterword, not so much. I wish you to give a little more consideration before painting with a brush that broad.

Everybody who claims to be Christian isn't really Christ-like.

I'm not that tight with muslims so I can't honestly speak to their situation.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I did some crazy chit before I got saved.

Jun 15, 2016, 4:01 PM

I understand that painting with a broad brush can be dangerous but I also don't think I need to be pedantic with every forum post on here.

I obviously don't that every christian/muslim/buddhist/whatever does crazy stuff but I do think religion can make you do things you otherwise wouldn't.

Religion is an ideology and as with any idea you may have your belief in that idea will affect your behavior. Imagine how believing that you won the lottery or are will die in the next month would affect your behavior. Now imagine you really believe that a book is the written word of god. Those beliefs are very powerful and can make you do very dangerous things. This isn't unique to religion of course but you get the idea.

I heard a quote I really agree with but i'm too lazy to look it up, it goes something like this:

Evil men will do evil things but it takes religion to make a good man do evil things.

Jun 15, 2016, 4:28 PM

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

- Steven Weinberg

Jun 15, 2016, 4:32 PM

Never heard of him.....

Not surprising when you don't read...***

Jun 15, 2016, 5:02 PM

Some crazy azzed preacher might make people do...

Jun 15, 2016, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I did some crazy chit before I got saved. ]

some bad things by twisting what my bible says but that's because they haven't learned how important/vital reading God's word, praying for his help in understand it and really trusting him with that which is in their hearts.

You're right about one thing. I grew up going to whichever church was close enough to reach by walking. We didn't have a car at home, mama didn't drive and daddy was a truck driver. I heard quite a variety of preaching ranging from Pentacostals to Church of Christ. I also had a couple dear friend who were Catholic so I became familiar with their beliefs too.

Within the first few years after I got saved God made it clear he would teach me from his word, to trust no other but consider everything by weighing it against his written word and hold trial in my heart with him overseeing the proceedings. That's probably why other Christians think I'm crazy at times.

Some learnings from man were difficult for Him to displace with truth. I'm not sure how much he has left to do but I'm positive He isn't finished.

When folks like the Westborogh baptist flock are raised by nuts who have fallen under the spell of a self-righteous psyco, like that preacher, the kids grow up with preconceived notions which literally take an act of God to change. If they belong to God he'll get around to them at exactly the right time.

You really didn't offend me, I just wanted to have a conversation with someone on the other side that is patient enough to not end the conversation with insults and degrading remarks. I will point out that offending and attacking seldom wins hearts or changes minds. I figure it's an ego booster for folks here to act out that way.

I try and remember we are all Clemson brothers at the end of the day. Sometimes it helps. Sometimes God tells me to shut up.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Religion makes you do crazy ####. That is for sure.***

Jun 15, 2016, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Religion makes you do crazy ####. That is for sure.*** ]

This is why I do not believe in religion, but in Christ alone. After all, He came to set a man free from the bondage of Religious law. At the end of the day, Christ didn't come to grant man freedom of religion, but rather freedom from religion. He was ultimately crucified for speaking out against religious rulers.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Jun 15, 2016, 5:04 PM

So he came to free us from something he created?

That makes no sense.

Jun 15, 2016, 5:15 PM

Christ never created a religion. Man created religion.

~Chesty Puller

Jun 15, 2016, 5:34 PM

I actually agree with that statement.

You really want to occupy Iraq again after the last blunder?

Jun 15, 2016, 10:59 AM

You're so smart. What's it like to be you? God I admire you.

LOL... we are. Where have you been?***

Jun 15, 2016, 11:06 AM

LOL...Not even similar. WHere have you been?***

Jun 15, 2016, 5:25 PM

nm

Where do you think the OP is right now?***

Jun 17, 2016, 11:37 AM

Re: You really want to occupy Iraq again after the last blunder?

Jun 15, 2016, 3:10 PM [ in reply to You really want to occupy Iraq again after the last blunder? ]

> You're so smart. What's it like to be you? God I
> admire you.

Well, it's funny I occupy Iraq right now as we speak. However, so does Hezbollah, ISIS, Al Qaeda, and then the civilian population. Of course, there aren't any more U.S. Troops here to keep things safe anymore. So that's why a few of my rough neck buddies are here with me. You see, President Obama failed to secure the S.O.F.A which would have ensured that Iraq would have remained stable. Also, what blunder do you speak of? When the U.S. occupied Iraq it was much different than it is today. It was a stable safe place where children were actually attending schools and women were allowed to walk about in public. Today, it's rubble, children drink from mud puddles, and lunatics run the show. Let us not forget that Russia and Iran are chomping at the bits to directly assert their influence and then we lose a valuable ally in the region. I sure wish I lived in the perfect utopia that you live in. Maybe there wouldn't be a necessity for war. Then I could be at home living my life instead of finishing a job that Obama refuses to finish.

~Chesty Puller

Not even similar and no we're not occupying Iraq...

Jun 15, 2016, 5:30 PM

in the way that we are all talking about. We're not talking about a few thousand troop. You know what everyone is talking about. The same thing would happen again after we left. It's an ideology and we don't need to get bogged down again. The same thing will happen again after we leave. I saw the situation when we initially invaded. It was obvious from day 1. Now you want to do it again? Smart..real smart Probably one of the most idiotic comments that people post. the job he didn't finish. Let me tell you something Einstein, it would have never been finished. It would have just been more wasted money and lives. The invasion was the shortsighted issue.

When Wolfowitz disbanded the Iraqi military, he created

Jun 16, 2016, 11:22 AM

the beginnings of ISIS... The Shia/Sunni clash ensued.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly!***

Jun 16, 2016, 12:36 PM

nm

Hmm...sounds like everything that has happened with ISIS

Jun 16, 2016, 12:59 PM

was caused by things that happened during the Bush administration. Really nothing Obama could have done to avert any of this...not the 50 people killed in Orlando...not the 10,000 executions ISIS has done in the past year.

You see, Obama has been President for over seven years, but things happened before that. And things that happened before that can be connected to things now. He's only the President. He can't change what happened before, and therefore has no control over what's happening now.

Thanks a lot, Bush.

null

Re: Hmm...sounds like everything that has happened with ISIS

Jun 17, 2016, 10:43 PM

I disagree, because President Obama could have adhered to the request of the Commanding Generals on the ground in Iraq. The Generals were telling the War Committee that the nation was not yet ready for a turn over to the Iraqi forces to maintain a proper account for security. Obama citing campaign promises withdrew troops against the better wishes of the General Officers.

~Chesty Puller

My goodness, Chesty. I was being sarcastic.***

Jun 18, 2016, 11:49 AM

null

Re: When Wolfowitz disbanded the Iraqi military, he created

Jun 16, 2016, 3:44 PM [ in reply to When Wolfowitz disbanded the Iraqi military, he created ]

Solos you are absolutely correct. However, most people have not idea. Wolfowitz also fired from public service any members of the Bath Party. Unfortunately for Iraq, in order to hold a public job you had to be a member. Overnight the trains, water treatment plants, garbage man, the mail, all public services came to a halt.

In one fell swoop he loosed a half a million, unemployed,armed military aged men onto the country side and short circuited all public services.

Magically, those affected became 'insurgents'.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Wolfowitz disbanded the Iraqi military, he created

Jun 17, 2016, 10:45 PM

Now, this I will 100% agree with.

~Chesty Puller

I often try to understand why people believe what they do

Jun 15, 2016, 2:02 PM

even those things I don't agree with. I think that Lincoln was right when he said, "I find that people generally believe exactly what they want to believe."

That is the only thing I can find that amounts to any kind of explanation as to why you believe what you appear to believe in your post.

Or perhaps it's laziness? Your post is bereft of any sort of fact-based logic. You condemn an entire religion of 1.4 billion people based on the actions of a handful. That's easy.

You bemoan Obama's not sending more troops to the cesspool of the middle east in order to "fight these guys on their own soil" when in fact, the Orlando, San Bernandino killers were U.S. citizens as is the California suspect. Exactly which soil are you referring to?

Further, last year the republican controlled Congress refused to approve Obama's AUMF (authorization for the use of military force) to fight ISIS and then they take to the air waves criticizing his "weakness" in the fight against terrorists.

You clearly just want to believe what you like. It's hate-speak born out of laziness to understand the facts. We squandered 2 Trillion dollars and thousands of precious American lives in an attempt to conquer and control a middle-eastern country for their oil. What did we get for that? ISIS

But your going to believe what you believe because you like it.

Re: I often try to understand why people believe what they do

Jun 15, 2016, 3:25 PM

I condemn Islam because of it's entire existing history of aggression towards non-Islamic states. I more so condemn the actual doctrinal fundamentals of Islam because of it's totalitarian view of the world in contrast to it's religious practices. To condemn 1.4Billion people would be a shame, but the fundamentals of Islam require it's followers to submit fully to Qur'an which commands Muslims to attack, subjugate, and kill/convert nonbelievers. In my good conscience I cannot support a doctrine that requires such. If you don't believe me then simply read the Qur'an for yourself. You will find it written 109 times where Muhammad commanded every Muslim to kill or convert non-Muslims. Under Sharia Law, there cannot exist another form of government outside of an Islamic Republic. For Islam I believe that an Islamic Republic best suits the atmosphere for the inhabitant believers of Islam. As for the United States, we are a Constitutional Republic that is secular in nature, but has come to adapt to Judeo/Christian values.

My challenge for anyone who questions my logic would be this. Please find me a single Sura in the Qur'an that commands a Muslim to love or forgive. I also, challenge anyone to find a Sura that hasn't been abrogated that commands the acceptance of such other beliefs outside of Islam to coexist. I can save you some time, and inform you that you will not find even one. People like to quote the 1st Amendment and the rights to freedom of religion, but fail to realize that not all religious faiths are recognized by our government. The very theological basis of Islam is Constitutionally offensive because the full enactment of the faith based practices would not only violate the rights of Americans provisioned under the U.S. Constitution, but would violate basic Human Rights in many cases.

As for matters of the Iraq war. We did spend a lot of money, and we lost many of my brothers in arms. However, we didn't take a single drop of oil from Iraq. We did empty the reserve tanks and transport the oil to Kuwait after we took Basra. However, that oil was returned to the people of Iraq. To be clear, 1st Battalion 5th Marines did discover weapons of mass destruction as well. The Iraqi Republican Guard managed to escape with most of it across the Syrian border. Those same weapons ended up in the hands of Bushar Assad. Bushar Assad used them on his own population during the beginning of the Syrian Conflict. The Marines that discovered them were denied authorization to pursue them across the border at that time. A Democrat majority held congress covered it up in an effort to damage a Bush Presidency, and discredit the Republican Party. It worked only in part as the American people are now starting to realize that Bush may have been right all along.

~Chesty Puller

Truth and clarity.***

Jun 15, 2016, 3:49 PM

Jun 15, 2016, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I often try to understand why people believe what they do ]

I do respect your service, I truly do and I appreciate it. However your views are simply out there. You say, "Under Sharia Law, there cannot exist another form of government outside of an Islamic Republic"...yet the vast majority of Moslem countries on earth have governments that "exist outside an Islamic Republic" many of them democratic like Indonesia. As I said before, you believe what you want to believe.
Further, Christian scripture contains some elements we don't take literally. The stoning of adulterers for example.

No one is asking you to accept or support Islam so that is a non-issue. You also stated in another thread that "Obama didn't secure a Status of Forces Agreement". That is factually untrue, the Iraqi's refused to sign it and asked us to leave. It is, after all, their country. As for actually finding WMD's 1.) That is a very well kept secret because no one seems to know that but you and 2.) Even if he had WMD's we had no right or motive to invade Iraq anymore than we have a right to invade N.Korea, Pakistan, India, Russia or China for that matter. The WMD argument is merely a straw man.

I wish you health and safety and appreciated your service to our country. But I cannot support your views which I find ironic and contradictory to the teachings of Christ.

Jun 15, 2016, 9:49 PM

How are my views contradictory to the teachings of Christ? Scripture please...

~Chesty Puller

Jun 15, 2016, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I often try to understand why people believe what they do ]

I believe you mistake me in my condemnation of Islam. I do not condemn "Muslims", nor do I judge them under a broad stroke of one brush. I have many Muslim friends who would give their last breath to ensure that no harm would come to me. I of course would do the same for them as well. This is why I am in Iraq right now. It's to ensure the safety of the people here. A people who have been war battered, and cannot effectively defend themselves against a large and powerful terrorist organization. I take no pride in ending the life of another human being as I have done so more than I care to discuss. However, sometimes violence is a necessity to ensure the survival of a civilized people. As they say, when there is a war between the savage and the civilized man, always side with the civilized man. Again, it is not the people, but the actual doctrines of Islam that are a danger. In fact, Christ spoke in parables many times, and parables are generally not taken as literal speech. Muhammad, spoke direct commands that even he said were to be taken literally.

As for matters of "Christian" literature that we do not follow such as stoning, may I remind you that Christian doctrine begins in the Book of Matthew. The recommended conduct of the Church is primarily covered in the Epistles of the Book of Romans. I have not read where we are to stone anyone there. The Laws of Leviticus were carried out by the Jews in the Tribal Era of the Hebrew people. That was requirements under the Old Covenant.

Finally, the WMD issue is a non-issue, because the UN resolutions drawn up prohibited WMD from being purchased, possessed, or manufactured by the Iraqi Government. I might also add that the Saddam Hussein Regime was in violation of several treaties as it relates to OPEC and other issues. War with Iraq was justified under U.S. Policy. One must always remember that war must serve policy.

I will patiently wait for you to obtain scripture that supports your final statement. {"I wish you health and safety and appreciated your service to our country. But I cannot support your views which I find ironic and contradictory to the teachings of Christ."}

~Chesty Puller

You are a learned man.***

Jun 16, 2016, 9:02 AM

+1...***

Jun 16, 2016, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I often try to understand why people believe what they do ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please excuse me, sir.

Jun 16, 2016, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I often try to understand why people believe what they do ]

I can not ignore John chapter 8 for it is exactly how The Christ taught us to address Levitical Law.

Please forget all the argument about Islam, terrorism and our petty differences in politics for just a few minutes and let us seek a truth which exceed in value to the entire world.

John 8

1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

I do not know what Jesus wrote on the ground. I've heard and read many times that it was the ten commandments. It seem that what happened that day the accusers began to focus on their lives and their sin rather than execution of the law.

Levitical Law leaves everyone guilty. He and the accusers contradicted traditional Jewish teachings. In fact under Levitical Law a sin of a particular degree required a particular sacrifice.

That is our doctrine. This is 'Christianity.' He had power to forgive sin because he is the Son of God. He is the sacrifice which is suitable to fulfill Levitical Law. For those who have accepted His forgiveness are free from the penalty of the law just as the woman was that day. Our commission is to examine ourselves and weigh our deeds and passions according to Levitical Law, the law of sin and death.

It also takes our power to condemn others according to Levitical Law for each of us has the accountability, responsibility and authority to judge only himself. That's what the accusers did that day and therefor had no condemnation for the woman.

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

Re: Please excuse me, sir. (SORRY FOR THE LONG RESPONSE)

Jun 16, 2016, 1:22 PM

I love Biblical discussion because it sharpens our spiritual maturity. Here's what I have to say in response to John 8.

First and foremost, it must be understood that I am not condemning the followers of Islam. I am condemning Islam in itself. Islam is evil, and as for the followers I feel pity not anger. I patrol with Iraqi Muslims everyday here in Iraq. I cannot help but to like them because they're very nice people. They're victims of a barbaric theo-political belief system. Again, we do not fall under Levitical Law any more. Of course, I think you're in agreement with my response to Felix2, but I will explain my full Biblical view on why I hold firm in my stance.

There are a few falsehoods that I want to clear up so there is no further misunderstanding.

a.) God loves everyone. FALSE

Romans 9:13-14

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

b.) We are supposed to love everyone in the world. FALSE

1 John 2:15

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”

Romans 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

c.) We're not supposed to judge others. FALSE

2 Tim. 2:16-17
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

2 Tim. 4:14-15
14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:
15 Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.

1 Tim. 1:19-20
19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

3 John 1:9-10
9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

Galatians 2:11-14
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

1 Tim. 5:20
20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Matt. 18:15-17
15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

d.) We don't have to repent because we believe in God. FALSE

Luke 13:3
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 3:2
2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mark 6:12
12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

Proverbs 14:12
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

1Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Conclusion: It is not for me to wish death upon anybody because Christ wants all to come to know Him, and have life abundant. However, I will tell the truth of the Gospels regardless of who it offends. I do not care, I am not ashamed of the Gospels of Christ. The issue we have at hand is a matter of people turning from sound doctrine in the Bible, and relying on their pastor at church to teach them the Bible. God's Word clearly states you need not man to teach you. (1 John 2:27). If people would align themselves with the Holy Spirit they would receive the anointing, and have the faith to trust God's interpretation of scripture. On my final closing, I would like to add that God does not respect mankind. He does not make exceptions for people because it would be sad for them to perish. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.(Psalm 103:13) He does not bend to suit the desires of our will, nor does His Word change with the progression of society. The object is for us to get on His level, not for us to require Him to fellowship on our level.

~Chesty Puller

Jun 16, 2016, 3:51 PM

You find what you want to find. You use scripture like a smorgasbord to confirm any belief you already hold. You preach hatred and you use Christ to do it. David Koresh in Waco laid out scriptural justification for what he did.

It's really pretty simple:

Matthew 22:36-40New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jun 16, 2016, 4:14 PM

I ask a few simple questions... Who have I declared a hatred for? Is Islam evil or not? Are we to love things even as they are evil?

~Chesty Puller

Nice work here

Jun 17, 2016, 9:35 AM

You broke and backed Felix down and SOLOS, the king of oral diarrhea, can only point.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Jun 17, 2016, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Please excuse me, sir. (SORRY FOR THE LONG RESPONSE) ]

Islam is no more evil than Hinuism, Buddhism or any other religion that you don't understand. You have to remember that non-chrisitans refer to christianity as inherently evil because of the crusades and persecutions done in Christ's name. Slavery was justified through scripture. Most any bad idea can be justified through scripture. Isis stones people to death for sin...which can also be found in a Christian Bible.

You believe what you want to believe because you like believing it. It's nonsense to call other religions evil. Judge not lest you be judged. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. You pick out exceptions rather than looking at the whole message.

You say your a Christian, so did David Koresh and Warren Jeff's. Saying it and living it are 2 different stories.

I respect your right to your opinion. But when you argue that your opinion and your interpretation are 'fact', then I'm calling you out on it. You're right wing, I am left wing. We have to find a way to meet in the middle and condemning an entire religion based on your learned assessment is folly at best and destructive at worse.

What would Jesus do? I find it astonishing that some people claim to believe that they have been forgiven for no other reason than the grace and mercy and love of Jesus Christ. But then turn around and show no grace, mercy or compassion for 1.4 billion people. I don't know any man's heart but I find it hard to see "a new creature" in your writings.

Jun 17, 2016, 10:39 PM

You claim that Islam is no more evil than Hinduism, Buddhism, and any other faith that I do not understand? Well, I would strongly disagree with that statement. The Islamic aggression witnessed widely on the media today isn't something that is 10-15 years old, nor is it some terrorist organization that hijacked Islam. This has been going on for 1388 years, and Islam is 1388 years old. (I'll take Ottoman Empire for $400, Alex.)As for the matters of the Crusades, I vehemently declare that they were justified actions. The Crusades were in response to nearly 400 years of Islamic aggression towards Europe and other Christian nations/kingdoms. Not a single Crusade took place in an Islamic nation or Kingdom. The Crusades were an attempt to repel the Caliphates of Caliph Omar and Caliph Ali. Two thirds of all Christian lands were conquered over a 100 year period after the death of Muhammad. The following are lands that were Christian lands defeated by Islamic Caliphates:

1.Egypt
2.Syria
3.Jordan
4.Libya
5.Ethiopia (Still remains, but is falling to Islamic Caliphates.)
6.Turkey (Until the fall of Constantinople.)
7.Many of the Balkan, Central Asian, and former Soviet States were Christian nations before they fell to Islam.

SLAVERY: Slavery in Biblical days weren't the same as Colonial Slavery. In Biblical days the word slave had more than one meaning. In fact, there are separate Greek words to describe them. In those days it meant one of the (3) following definitions.

1. Forced Labor: We see this in Egypt when the Hebrew slaves were driven into slavery. (Howdid God handle that one?)
2. Voluntary slavery: When a man did this he usually didn't have money to pay a dowry for marriage. So they earned the dowry through labor. Also, in those days it was common practice for a man to subject himself to willful slavery if he didn't possess a craft, or skill. He did general farming or labor for food, clothing, shelter. Today's EBT applicants would be a prime example of this. It was feudalism at it's finest. People worked for what they had. Then there was slaves that worked to repay a debt. In any case, most was generally a temporary arrangement.
3. Many times an employee was called slave and their boss was referred to as master. Now, I do believe that Christ not only commanded wholesome treatment, but also a fair wage to the slave. Last time I checked, Colonial Slaves didn't earn a wage. Thus, the Colonialist didn't live to Biblical Standards.

>You believe what you want to believe because you like believing it. It's nonsense to call other religions evil. Judge not lest you be judged. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. You pick out exceptions rather than looking at the whole message.<

Do you even read the Bible? You just did the very thing that you're accusing me of doing. You chose a verse from Matthew Ch.7, and twisted it's contextual meaning. If you will notice, I provided scripture in full contextual meaning. When Christ said, "Judge Not" He was stating for believers not to be hypocrites. Not only did Christ rebuke those who were practicing evil, but Paul commanded it several times in the Book of Romans. When a religion would violate basic human rights of others in the name of the faith itself then it is evil. There are no two ways about it.

Here is Matt.Ch 7:1-6 for the full contextual meaning. 7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. (NOTICE: Christ is commanding that we sanctify our lives before we set out to judge another. Otherwise we would weaken their faith in our hypocrisy.) Common falsehood in the modern Church today.

David Koresh didn't claim Christianity. He claimed some other mystical faith, and claimed himself to be a deity. As a result he was killed. Just like you said, living scripture is important. Good point, because you now fully reinforce what my point is. The Qur'an does not command even one time for Muslims to love or forgive anyone, nor does it command the truth. In fact, the Qur'an refers to Allah as yet the greatest deceiver of them all.(FATHER OF LIES) Wait a minute, didn't Christ refer to Beelzebub as the Father of Lies?

What would Jesus do? Well, he would condemn Islam because it is evil. After all, I'm not sure He would command us to do something if He wouldn't do it Himself. (ROMANS 12:9) If Islam is evil then we are commanded to HATE ISLAM. Islam is not a person. It is a religion, and it is evil, and sadly those who die as a Muslim go to hell according to scripture for they know not the Son nor the Father. For it's followers I believe Christ would have pity and try to show them the way if He were here. Those who reject the truth of the Gospels therefore after would be cast into eternal damnation as the Bible says men who reject the Gospels will be.

I appreciate the sentiments of respecting my opinions. However, I have not voiced any of my opinions. I merely shared scripture in it's full context. So, if I hold he views of Scripture then they're the views of Christ. They're not my opinions at all. Is there an interpretation of the word, "stop" on a stop sign? There is no interpretation to plain text scripture. Scripture tells us to judge others according to their deeds, and to hate all that is evil. How hard is that to comprehend for modern day believers?

I'm waiting for someone to present scripture from Christ that commands me to be a pacifist and accept everyone's lifestyle.

Now, I have answered your complaint in full I have a challenge or two for you. You claim that Islam isn't evil. Read the Qur'an in full as I have and then write a description of Allah out in a summarized thesis of what his desires are based on the commands given. Describe his character in full. Then read the entire Bible as I have many times, but actually studied it. Then describe the character of God in the Bible. After you've done that compare them side by side and ask if they're the same being. Then ask yourself which one is holy, and which is unholy based on the commandments of our God in the Bible that we read. You see, I'm not some ignorant person spouting off random opinions as most Facebook theologians. I'm an educated man on matters pertaining to World Religions and World History. I've studied world religions for roughly 11 years now, and based on my own judgments you may need to read and study a little harder. You completely embarrassed yourself and I highly recommend you sit the bench for the remainder of this discussion. Please grab a pen and notebook and feel free to gain an education in Biblical studies.

Message was edited by: ChestyPuller0311®

~Chesty Puller

Jun 17, 2016, 11:36 PM

I don't mean to offend you, I truly don't. I majored in History. I appreciate your effort and desire to justify an emotional need to condemn Islam. If you think the Crusades were justified there simply is no help for you. The mantra of the Templars was: "To kill an Infidel is not murder but the pathway to heaven".

I feel sorry for you, I truly do. Your emotional investment is so great that nothing short of God Himself is going to change your mind. Christ shows you love. You should show Christ's love to Moslems.

1 Corinthians 10:31-32 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, orwhatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:"

Jun 18, 2016, 12:44 AM

> I don't mean to offend you, I truly don't. I majored
> in History. I appreciate your effort and desire to
> justify an emotional need to condemn Islam. If you
> think the Crusades were justified there simply is no
> help for you. The mantra of the Templars was: "To
> kill an Infidel is not murder but the pathway to
> heaven".

Then the reformation period came about, and the people were actually allowed to have the Bible. When they realized that the Scriptures didn't support "Killing anyone then they stopped it".

>
> I feel sorry for you, I truly do. Your emotional
> investment is so great that nothing short of God
> Himself is going to change your mind. Christ shows
> you love. You should show Christ's love to Moslems.

Life is too short to have pity. No need to feel sorry for me because I have Christ and I STUDY scripture and apply it to my life. God did change my mind because I used to hold your view until the Bible proved me to be wrong. How have I not showed Muslims my love? I live with them over here in Iraq right now. I'm willing to die to ensure the security of their nation because I love them. Never once have I said that I hated Muslims. I hate ISLAM the religion.

John 15:9-15
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

FELIX2, how much do you love them? Are you willing to come and die fighting beside them? I'm in a militia over here that has a mix of Christians and Kurdish Muslims. I'm sure they would appreciate the help. We need all we can get. DELTA or UNITED is ready to fly when you are.

>
> 1 Corinthians 10:31-32 "Whether therefore ye eat, or
> drink, orwhatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of
> God. Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to
> the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:"

I do not eat pork when I'm here. As much as I love bacon. However, I do tell them the truth of the Gospels. They seem to be receptive to it thus far. As believers of Christ we should BOLDLY proclaim the truth of the Gospels.

~Chesty Puller

Jun 19, 2016, 12:19 AM

You wrote: "Then the reformation period came about, and the people were actually allowed to have the Bible. When they realized that the Scriptures didn't support "Killing anyone then they stopped it."

But before that, you wrote that you believed the Crusades were justified and then listed all of the countries the Moslems had taken over. In fact the first Christian Crusade occurred in 1099 and after the "Siege of Jerusalem" the Christian armies slaughtered most of the Moslems and the Jews in the city. It was then, and is now a perversion of Christ's teachings. But you said that the Crusades were justified!! In fact, the Italians controlled Jerusalem prior to the Moslems, shouldn't the Italians been the one's to 'Crusade'?

Ultimately, it is a good thing for Christians to testify as to their belief in Christ. Where the problem arises in my view is that people tend to get married to bizarre interpretations of the Gospels and proclaim it as objective truth. They then tend to beat people with it as if it were a ball bat.

You can hate Islam all you want, it's not going to change it or it's adherents. Your rants about the superiority of faith defames the very faith you espouse. There is no humility in what you speak. You go on public boards to rail against another faith and call it service.

I am now and have been for a long time frustrated by "Christians" who pervert the Gospels, ignore the very mercy they were shown and take and attitude of hatred toward Islam and other religions. I live in NC and around here not only is Islam bashing a sport but so is bashing Catholicism, Mormans, Mother Theresa and the Baptist's really don't care much for Presbyterians or Lutherans.

I like very much what Rick Warren said in response to the wide spread criticism he endured when he devoted a large part of his ministry to helping with the crippling Aids epidemic in southern Africa. The criticism stemmed from the fact that Aids was spread sexually.

His response? "I with that Christians could one day be known for what they're for rather than for what they're against".

Hating Islam serves no effect other than to hide from non-believers the fundamental and most basic truth of Christ existence. Love for all of mankind. None of us deserve salvation. It is only through the Grace of God that is available to us. Unfortunately for some 'Christians' loving, condemning and hating seem to be synonyms in their so-called expressions of faih.

It saddens me when people use God in order to inflame, condemn or subdue others based on "Faith"

"In this hour I would ask of the Lord God only this: that He would give His blessing to our work, and that He may ever give us the courage to do the right. I am convinced that men who are created by God should live in accordance with the will of the Almighty. No man can fashion world history unless upon his purpose and his powers there rests the blessings of this Providence."

-Adolph Hitler - Munich 1937

Jun 23, 2016, 1:40 PM

Scripture does not command us not to defend ourselves. If someone is trying to kill you then you had best kill them first.

~Chesty Puller

Jun 16, 2016, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Please excuse me, sir. (SORRY FOR THE LONG RESPONSE) ]

Still waiting on scripture to back your attacks on my character... I didn't twist scripture as I used it in full contextual meaning.

~Chesty Puller

Don't you find it interesting

Jun 17, 2016, 9:52 AM

in the sub-thread direct above, those yo-yos know better than you? Hellthey got American media opinions/selective facts reporting to inform them. You only directly live it!

But then, again, it's Carlsbad. In his world, truth is selective to support a point. Omits all other truth that conflicts. His agenda is a jaded story.

Same goes for his other sub-thread supporting Peter-in-laws. They like to take trips back and forth in their imagination.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I think you and I have different purposes here.

Jun 17, 2016, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Please excuse me, sir. (SORRY FOR THE LONG RESPONSE) ]

I explicitly requested that the reader of my post eliminate any political observations and previous argument to seek the truth of that passage.

If you in any manner think I turned the topic around to suggest or imply a political suggestion or meaning between Christians and muslims you are mistaken. That passage was clearly addressing the issue of Levitical Law and it's use in Christ's church.

Had I needed to explain my position on Islam it would have been distracting/detracting from the message of Christ that day which was to look inward and weigh ourselves instead of condemning others. That particularly addressed the validation of Levitical Law.

Relating that it Islam by posting contradictory or confusing politics is unwarranted and does not facilitate the message which was intended for those here whom I believe to be confused Christians.

I contest nothing you conveyed in your post. I fully agree with you on Islam though I believe some muslims, (those who are weak in 'their,' faith) to be peaceful and willing to coexist with anyone for a dollar.

You made me appear to be in a position in which I have need to disavow Islam and reaffirm my convictions of Christ as the Son of God.

Thanks for posting. I appreciate your thoughts from your

Jun 16, 2016, 11:37 AM

unique vantage point (unique on this board).

null

To all of the liberals rewriting history:

Jun 17, 2016, 11:49 AM

On Feb. 27, 2009, a little more than a month after his first inauguration, Obama gave a speech at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina that the White House entitled, “Responsibly Ending the War in Iraq.”

Obama said then that his strategy was based on the “achievable goal” of a “sovereign, stable and self-reliant” Iraq--and that he intended to withdraw all U.S. forces from Iraq

Almost three years later, on Dec. 14, 2011, when he was removing the last U.S. troops from Iraq, Obama gave a speech at Fort Bragg in North Carolina. Here he said his strategy based on building a sovereign, stable, self-reliant Iraq had succeeded.

“It’s harder to end a war than begin one,” Obama said at Fort Bragg. “Indeed, everything that American troops have done in Iraq--all the fighting and all the dying, the bleeding and the building, and the training and the partnering--all of it has led to this moment of success. Now, Iraq is not a perfect place. It has many challenges ahead. But we’re leaving behind a sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government that was elected by its people. We’re building a new partnership between our nations. And we are ending a war not with a final battle, but with a final march toward home. This is an extraordinary achievement, nearly nine years in the making.”

The Jacka*s*s in Chief declared victory and pulled out. He did. No one else on the planet but him.

Re: To all of the liberals rewriting history:

Jun 17, 2016, 4:15 PM

And while your rewriting history, you should know the facts. The Iraqi's refused to sign a Status of Forces Agreement effectively kicking us out of Iraq. As a matter of fact Obama refused to keep forces in main in place so as to avoid our soldiers being subject to Iraqi criminal and civil courts.

We don't own that country. It's not ours. We should have never gone there and we shouldn't be there now.

We don't have the moral right to invade anyone no matter how noxious we think their policies are. Otherwise, we need to move into Yemen, North Korea, Ukraine, Somalia....etc, etc. Even airhead Hillary wants a no-fly zone in Syria.
And while were at it. We bemoan the horrible loss of life from terrorism but ignore the 100 thousand or so civilian casualties WE inflicted in Iraq. Why do you suppose they hate us so much?
How would you feel about the Canadians if they dropped a 500 lb bomb onto your wedding killing everyone you love in order to kill 1 person. Hell we wouldn't have a terrorism problem had we not manipulated middle-eastern governments for the last 50 years.

You see, war-mongering conservatism is easy. It requires no real thought or cognizance of history. It's merely a 'bomb them all and let God sort it out" philosophy. It's bellicose ignorance masquerading as righteous world governance.

Jun 17, 2016, 4:31 PM

So we shouldn't have kicked Saddam's ### for invading Kuwait? And we shouldn't have kicked his ### again for breaking nearly every agreement he made to get us to quit kicking his ### the first time?

Jun 17, 2016, 4:39 PM

We were bound by treaty to kick him out of Kuwait. But we didnt continue to occupy Iraq...remember?

And no, we shouldn't have invaded Iraq on trumped up bull ####. It's not our country and it's not our problem. Where did this insane idea that we're the worlds police and have to kill massive numbers of people for some sort of 'impose democracy on the world' ideology?

People buy into this 'American Exceptionalism' propaganda that somehow, in spite of history we're the savior of the world. When in fact, we're seen as nothing more than an Imperialist power bent on world domination...even by our Allies.

We spent 2 Trillion dollars of treasury and lost thousands of precious American lives in Iraq. It's undemocratic, unamerican and morally wrong. See Eisenhower's warning about the 'American Military Industrial Complex' and it's growing power to keep us in perpetual war in order to make money.

We need to hit the reset button and examine what it is we're trying to do and determine who exactly we really are. And more importantly what is it we can contribute to mankind beyond weapons and destruction.

{yawn}***

Jun 17, 2016, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: To all of the liberals rewriting history: ]

Obama did not pull out due to SOFA.***

Jun 17, 2016, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: To all of the liberals rewriting history: ]

Re: Obama did not pull out due to SOFA.***

Jun 17, 2016, 5:32 PM

Correct, we were thrown out by the Iraqi Government. People tend to become resistant to a foreign occupying force after a while.

We were not. Read his words again.

Jun 17, 2016, 5:46 PM

1. Obama ran on a campaign promise to get out of Iraq.

2. On Feb. 27, 2009, a little more than a month after his first inauguration, Obama gave a speech at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina that the White House entitled, “Responsibly Ending the War in Iraq.”

Obama said then that his strategy was based on the “achievable goal” of a “sovereign, stable and self-reliant” Iraq--and that he intended to withdraw all U.S. forces from Iraq

3. Almost three years later, on Dec. 14, 2011, when he was removing the last U.S. troops from Iraq, Obama gave a speech at Fort Bragg in North Carolina. Here he said his strategy based on building a sovereign, stable, self-reliant Iraq had succeeded.

“It’s harder to end a war than begin one,” Obama said at Fort Bragg. “Indeed, everything that American troops have done in Iraq--all the fighting and all the dying, the bleeding and the building, and the training and the partnering--all of it has led to this moment of success. Now, Iraq is not a perfect place. It has many challenges ahead. But we’re leaving behind a sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government that was elected by its people. We’re building a new partnership between our nations. And we are ending a war not with a final battle, but with a final march toward home. This is an extraordinary achievement, nearly nine years in the making.”

The fact is, Obama did not want a SOFA. He wanted to fulfill his campaign promise.

"The withdrawal of troops allowed President Obama to declare that he was “ending the war in Iraq”—oddly, since it was the Bush administration’s military victories and successful negotiation of the 2008 Status of Forces Agreement that had set the timeline for U.S. troop withdrawal. Later, during the 2012 presidential debates, Mr. Obama inexplicably denied that he had even attempted to keep troops in Iraq."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/james-franklin-jeffrey-behind-the-u-s-withdrawal-from-iraq-1414972705

Re: We were not. Read his words again.

Jun 17, 2016, 10:49 PM

BINGO!!! To make matters worse, the Generals that disagreed with Obama were relieved and forced into retirement.

~Chesty Puller

Re: We were not. Read his words again.

Jun 17, 2016, 10:50 PM [ in reply to We were not. Read his words again. ]

BINGO!!! To make matters worse, the Generals that disagreed with Obama were relieved and forced into retirement.

~Chesty Puller

Re: Obama did not pull out due to SOFA.***

Jun 17, 2016, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Obama did not pull out due to SOFA.*** ]

Like Japan, Germany, Korea, the list goes on. We orchestrated a SOFA with those nations. We could have done the same with Iraq, but Hillary and Obama are derelicts that couldn't get the job done.

~Chesty Puller

I suppose Christ wouldn't want us to make any judgments

Jun 18, 2016, 6:45 AM

The Bible clearly states for us to make judgments according to the deeds of a person. If someone is wrong, the Bible clearly instructs us to rebuke them publicly. The "judge ye not" Christian I've often discovered, does not read the Bible at all. The "Christ commanded us not to hate" Christian fails to understand that we are to hate all that is evil. There's a strong difference between a sinner, and someone who is a willfully evil person. Yes, there are active servants of Satan on Earth that not only reject the Gospels willfully, but also do what they can to harm the cause of the Gospels. Again, ISLAM is EVIL, and I hate ISLAM as commanded in scripture.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/world/asia/100000004108808/the-killing-of-farkhunda.html

Message was edited by: ChestyPuller0311®

~Chesty Puller

What i see here is a sever lack of any rational critical

Jun 23, 2016, 1:46 PM

thinking.

Re: What i see here is a sever lack of any rational critical

Jun 23, 2016, 2:03 PM

I agree because anyone who would pick up a Qur'an, and claim to have found the keys to life certainly is not thinking rational.

~Chesty Puller

Re: What i see here is a sever lack of any rational critical

Jun 23, 2016, 2:06 PM

I agree because anyone who would pick up a *INSERT HOLY BOOK HERE*, and claim to have found the keys to life certainly is not thinking rational.

I fixed that for you.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic