Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This teams stronger now than they were this time last week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 794

This teams stronger now than they were this time last week

Sep 30, 2018, 8:23 AM

Can the offensive line please play like they did the whole fourth-quarter more often? If so, ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This teams stronger now than they were this time last week

Sep 30, 2018, 8:41 AM

It was a lot of run blocking against a tired defense late but run blocking hasn't really been the issue. The issue has been pass protection and the disparity between the two is pretty glaring, and has been accentuated by Elliot's refusal to stick to running the ball early in games.

Scott told reporters that Dabo told them we were going old school late and just running the ball, which worked out but it was working all game and last year against Cuse and it shouldn't really have taken Dabo making an executive decision late in the game for us to adopt that position.

Pass pro yesterday was really bad. RG was a revolving door of players looking for an answer with Pollard sliding outside. Hyatt even got beat pretty badly 1 on 1 against a 3 man rush.

Sep 30, 2018, 10:46 AM

Spot on. Pass protection wins national championships, run blocking won’t. See 2016 clemson bama.

Sep 30, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: This teams stronger now than they were this time last week ]

Not having anchrum hurt. It was nice to see Pollard finally make some good blocks in the second half because the first half him and Stewart were getting whipped.

Sep 30, 2018, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: This teams stronger now than they were this time last week ]

I agree about the pass blocking. We've got to get that fixed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 11:11 AM

I'm at the point that I hope Caldwell retires at the end of the season. I hope it's his decision but it still needs to happen. At this point it's more than just recruiting, which would probably benefit from getting younger as well. There are too many shades of what happened at FSU post championship with Rick Trickett.

Unfortunately this just isn't true. We're down a veteran qb and team leader and TL looked human

Sep 30, 2018, 11:01 AM

making a FR mistake yesterday.
So entering Sunday morning with the presumption that Chase is starting at WF does not make us stronger than entering a home game against Syracuse with 3 QBs.

The experience of yesterday will help this team, but we're definitely not better (other than record) from one week ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Unfortunately this just isn't true. We're down a veteran qb and team leader and TL looked human

Sep 30, 2018, 11:05 AM

I have to agree with Spruce. While we may not look stronger on paper, the trial by fire that this TEAM went through Saturday will make us ultimately more successful down the road. There is no I, or KB in TEAM.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 794
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic