Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thinking of a friend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,187

Thinking of a friend

Dec 26, 2017, 8:47 AM

At this time of the year we all have good times with family and friends. It is also a time that we often take for granted how much we truly have to be grateful for.

I have a good friend who happens to be a Tar Heel. He and his wife led very active lives, but several years ago she collapsed at a Christmas party. She was diagnosed with stage four Cancer. They journey to Duke every month for test to see if the special drug is continuing to work.

They are such a loving family with twin boys and a daughter, you can't help but wonder why things like this happen to such wonderful people. I think of them often, the tremendous strain of not knowing what tomorrow holds and how they seem to grow as a family every day.

In closing I would ask all of you to remember this family and say a prayer or two for them. As the old saying goes, try walking a mile in someone else's shoes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thinking of a friend

Dec 26, 2017, 9:36 AM

Praying for the family and wishing them the best!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 9:46 AM

I say that you are a solid caring friend that I hope your friends knows what type of friend they have in you. I'm sure you have seen days when others will introduce people to you that they call a friend when they barely know that person. Those are acquaintances, and that is how they should be introduced to us as, bc, friends are someone we tend to trust. Just know that God will bless those who actually cares about and love others when they are having their hardest times in their lives, and I truly believe this!!! Close friends just don't happen, real friendship takes some time build, and close friendship has to be nourished just as love does to keep it living so you can continue to build on it. So I'm mostly saying that your friendship with these folks is a blessing for all of you bc, that type of friendship didn't just happen, it's a friendship that y'all built together. Pick up the phoneand call them and remind them again how much they mean to you....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 10:12 AM

Prayers going up for this family in this trying time

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 10:53 AM

I just prayed for these folks. Thanks for sharing. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent******

Dec 26, 2017, 10:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 11:07 AM

Prayers said for this wife and mother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 11:51 AM

I often wonder that very same thing, why does it seem all the bad happens to the good people.
I’ll be praying for them. All of the prejudices and discrimination all around us, cancer doesn’t care what color your skin is, how much money you have, or how old you are, it devastates not caring!!

I lost my mom 17 yrs ago to small cell lung cancer when she was only 60 years old. She was diagnosed and lived only a year later! I lost my father n law 4 yrs ago to melanoma and my mother n law was diagnosed with colon cancer 3 yrs ago!! But thank the good lord she has been cancer free because they caught it really early, a stage 1 and it hadn’t spread to any lymph nodes!

One day a break through will be found and a cure for this terrible disease will be found, or I pray for that anyway! Pray and keep being the good friend you are and I’ll keep them in mine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done***

Dec 26, 2017, 11:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice thoughts on your part to remember your friends.***

Dec 26, 2017, 12:42 PM

Prayer said for your friends.***

Dec 26, 2017, 12:56 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,187
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic