Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alex Spence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Alex Spence

Jan 3, 2018, 9:54 AM

Monday night was HUGE for his confidence! Way to go Alex! Hopefully this continues into next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There will be a major

Jan 3, 2018, 9:58 AM

kicking competition this spring/fall.

#1 kicker in the nation coming in, as well as our previous starter potentially coming back from injury.

I will go ahead and make an easy prediction, BT POTTER will be our kickoff guy in the least.

He can boot it out of the endzone every time with ease.

Re: There will be a major

Jan 3, 2018, 10:01 AM

No Christian Wilkins to roll him up in practice yay! Just kidding a little light hearted fun.

Jan 3, 2018, 10:02 AM [ in reply to There will be a major ]

I liked what the Bama kicker did to us. Super high kicks that would come down near the goal line. By the time ETN could catch it the Bama defenders were on top of him. That’s better than a touchback.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 10:42 AM

I saw that in a lot of games yesterday. Spence did a pretty good job with his as well. Only one of his kickoffs did bama return it past the 25 yard line. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree...

Jan 3, 2018, 10:02 AM [ in reply to There will be a major ]

can’t wait to not have to worry about some hot rod picking up big yards even if our coverage has improved.

Jan 3, 2018, 12:55 PM [ in reply to There will be a major ]

Regardless of the kicker, I think the bright spot might be that we have Swinney for 3 more years as the holder. I've wondered all year if some of our problems might have been due to the hold rather than the kick. I think we took the job that Ryan did for granted and if you remember even Huegel seemed to struggle early. It's not so easy to put the ball in the right place and at the right angle as we seem to think. The snap on the second kick against Bama was high and Swinney actually had to come off the ground to get it but got it in place and the kick was perfect. Maybe the early issues didn't have anything to do with Swinney, but regardless I think he has proven that he is reliable at this point and we can depend on him for 3 more years.

Spence was a bright spot

Jan 3, 2018, 10:06 AM

But special teams overall needs some work!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think our special teams performed well this year?***

Jan 3, 2018, 10:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

HOW MANY KICKOFFS OR PUNTS DID WE BLOCK THIS YEAR?

Jan 3, 2018, 10:16 AM

moran

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

If you're suggesting that we should've tried to block

Jan 3, 2018, 10:18 AM

Bama's opening kickoff after they elected to play defense first, then I agree

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You just got Megaladon's attention.***

Jan 3, 2018, 10:42 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/user/Megaladon-137424

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My response was in reference to the game, not the season

Jan 3, 2018, 10:26 AM [ in reply to You don't think our special teams performed well this year?*** ]

And outside of Spence on FGs, I thought we did a poor job in this game

You're asking bob about performance? Maybe we should ask...

Jan 3, 2018, 10:31 AM [ in reply to You don't think our special teams performed well this year?*** ]

x Mrs. bob first and see if bob is worthy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overall...NO !!!

Jan 3, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to You don't think our special teams performed well this year?*** ]

Rarely are kickoffs sent through the back of the end zone

Entirely too many missed field goals

Punting got worse as the season progressed.

Kickoff and punt returns have been consistent but certainly not great.

Kickoff and punt coverage were relative bright spots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I will let you have "punting got worse"

Jan 3, 2018, 10:55 AM

But you have two conflicting statements in "Rarely are kickoffs sent through the back of the end zone" and "kickoff and punt coverage were relative bright spots."

Would you rather kick it through the back of the end zone and the opposing team starts on the 25, or kick it to a corner on the goal line and use your bright spot of a kickoff coverage team to stuff them inside the 20?

This is the kind of question that opens a window...

Jan 3, 2018, 11:00 AM

into someone's soul.

It was pretty clear for the 2nd half of the season that

Jan 3, 2018, 11:10 AM

the plan was to kick it to the goal line near the left corner and let coverage do their thing. Rarely did the kickoff returner get to the 25, much less beyond the 25. Personally, I prefer taking my chances at stopping them than just spotting it at the 25.

Yeps, it became a thing when they changed the rules and moved

Jan 3, 2018, 11:13 AM

the KO point up.

Getting a kicker that can corner it or hit it high enough to the GL to allow for the coverage to traverse the field in a timely fashions, est importante.

I imagine those that prefer kicking out of the back of the end zone still sleeps under the protection of a night light.

Re: Alex Spence - I was about to post the same thought!

Jan 3, 2018, 10:06 AM

Spence didn't disappoint and brought his best! Ironic the ###### reversed from so many games this season so I give Spence his due! Go Tigers!!

5th year guy

Jan 3, 2018, 10:11 AM

With a punter and 3 kickers,that's 4 on scholarship.

Might not be back.

Re: Alex Spence

Jan 3, 2018, 10:33 AM

Was really proud of Alex!

I was wondering at some point if we considered letting the kick-offs bounce into the end zone where we could down it and at least get the ball on the 25. Our returns were just not working, as ETN was not getting much blocking or making many guys miss. Our KO returns, combined with poor punts really, hurt our field position all night long.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alex Spence

Jan 3, 2018, 11:40 AM

Spence played well, but in all likelihood Huegel or maybe Potter will be our kicker next year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic