Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The problem I have w/the "Quit blaming the coaches"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 755

The problem I have w/the "Quit blaming the coaches"

Sep 21, 2014, 12:59 PM

argument. Fellow veterans will appreciate this. When a Navy ship goes aground the Navy doesn't come in and ask, "Who was the boot camp seaman manning the helm?" They don't seek out the chief in charge of the engine room, heck they don't look for the junior officer who was running the bridge at the time. It's the skipper of the ship who gets fired, or relieved in Navy talk. In other words, it's the skipper's job to make sure his crew is trained well enough so the ship doesn't run aground.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The problem I have w/the "Quit blaming the coaches"

Sep 21, 2014, 1:01 PM

true but in the other branches we do make individuals accountable for their actions. Norton, Davidson, and Lakip need to be held accountable..

Re: The problem I have w/the "Quit blaming the coaches"

Sep 21, 2014, 1:08 PM

No one feels worse than these kids you called out. Light'n up!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Making the players accountable for their responsibilities is

Sep 21, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: The problem I have w/the "Quit blaming the coaches" ]

not our job. It's the coaches' job for they have the authority over them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, you can hold Davidson accountable for the

Sep 21, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The problem I have w/the "Quit blaming the coaches" ]

fumble, the same as you would a soldier who missed a rollout or a Marine who went AWOL. But if that person continues to be a problem, it's the commands job to take action. I'm not saying Davidson is a problem player or a chronic fumbler, but my point remains.

Re: Sure, you can hold Davidson accountable for the

Sep 21, 2014, 1:14 PM

understandable.

no one, at least me, is saying our staff is above reproach..

Sep 21, 2014, 1:01 PM

What I'm saying, is that I see no way possible you pin that loss last night on a lack of coaching.

We can argue the shotgun/under center all night, but that in itself isn't enough.

Our guys made huge mistakes at crucial times, period.

The level of bashing is absurd, given how well we played, minus the mental mistakes, such as db falling down, fumble at the end, bad snap, etc...

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: no one, at least me, is saying our staff is above reproach..

Sep 21, 2014, 1:06 PM

Agree.

If only we had someone to teach them not to make those

Sep 21, 2014, 1:11 PM [ in reply to no one, at least me, is saying our staff is above reproach.. ]

mistakes. Some sort of mentor or guidance counselor. Someone with authority and foresight....hmmm now where could we find someone like that?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU...

Sep 21, 2014, 1:08 PM

isn't a rock and that field wasn't an ocean. The comparison was horrible but the concept of the relationship between responsibility, authority and accountability remain.

Players win games and the coaches lose them. That's the traditional way coaches handle a loss. The only thing that disappointed me about our coaching staff is that they didn't man up and take the heat for the loss

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the problem with your scenario

Sep 21, 2014, 1:10 PM

It's irrelevant and short-sighted.

Would I fire a General Patton if he endured losses during battle in which he was severely out-manned and still took them the fight?
Nope.

Would I relieve a Commanding Officer because of a mistake of just a few his Marines?
Nope.

Just because something happened doesn't mean someone needs to be held accountable. That's called a witch-hunt. Sometimes things happen that aren't preventable or are completely unforeseeable.

Go spend some time with the Marines in combat and you'll understand what I mean. Otherwise, stay on the boat and keep quiet.

OK, jarhead, whatever.***

Sep 21, 2014, 1:12 PM

Hey now, they don't pay him to think. Take it easy.***

Sep 21, 2014, 1:13 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football teams lose more games than ships run aground.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:15 PM

it happens. You can't fire the coaches every time the TEAM loses a game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 755
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic