Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC is a Juvenile Conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,096

ACC is a Juvenile Conference

May 28, 2016, 3:17 PM

Sombody please tell me that I heard wrong when I heard that ion the game tomorrow is not able to be played, the Championship is given to the higher ranked team?? Why play the darn tournament,eat at all. I've never heard anything in sports as bush league as that, if true. After horrible football officiating, basketball officiating that is the worst in the country and now this crap!!!

When is this league going to wake up and step up to the plate with adult products offerings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe they have reneged on that

May 28, 2016, 3:28 PM

if no game is played, there will be no 2016 league champion.

They said this on the radio, so I have no link.

This is the best I could come up with:

http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/showthread.php?t=59348

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe they have reneged on that

May 29, 2016, 5:36 AM

these clowns that run the ACC would be broke if they ever had to run a private business. Apparently they have never heard of "anticipating" a circumstance and then developing an alternative plan to maintain the integrity of a given venture---in this case the ACC Baseball Championship Tournament. They should all be fired starting with the
UNC Clown Swofford. What a joke he is!!!

May 29, 2016, 6:36 AM

I don't generally defend the league or commissioners office, but what alternative would you suggest? There's a tropical storm coming thru...that's not the ACC or the commissioners fault.

And I hate to break it to you, but playing Monday is not beneficial to our goal to win a regional next week, which in the grand scheme is more important. The objective is ultimately to win a national championship, which I promise Coach Lee and the players know is possible. Can't win the natty if we don't win our regional first. So the extra day of rest for our pitchers is more important. I would love to win the ACC tournament as much as anyone, but in the end I'll trade it for a run at Omaha every year.

Everything the ACC does with the baseball tournament is obviously what the coaches prefer, and it's all done to give the teams the best format to handle their pitching and in turn help them manage arms for regionals the next weekend. If you don't understand that, you don't understand baseball.

May 29, 2016, 7:05 AM

They could have played last night. Playing Monday would not affect our regional. And finally, yesterday David Hood gave some insight that the coaches voted in going back to a 12-game double elimination format in spring meetings only to be overruled by ACC Officials.

Don't take up for the ACC, they're a bunch of clowns up there.

May 29, 2016, 7:19 AM

Not taking up for the ACC. Im taking up for logic and common sense, as well as understanding the sport.

There was already a game being played last night...a game that was important for UVA actually. You don't organize a tournament with the standing rule that games can be cancelled or moved days on the fly. That's just dumb to suggest and would be a joke. You don't blow everything up just bc one or two fan bases start kicking and screaming like 4 year olds on message boards.

You are so wrong i don't know where to start...

May 29, 2016, 7:58 AM

The game last night was COMPLETELY meaningless - unless you are concerned about the possible national seeding of Louisville and / or UVA - who both are likely national seeds. And if you think that is a good reason, playing the Championship Game is far more important for Clemson to possibly receive a National seed.

I'll try to follow your brain a little further - what do you think would have happened if - say - Tuesdays games were rained out??? - or Thursdays??? - I assure you contingencies were in place as with all tournaments - even to the dreaded extreme (ala ACC Officials) of a single elimination 8 team bracket.

I'd bet several body parts that both the UVA and Lville coaches would have GLADLY passed on that game and ceded to the Champ Game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2016, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe they have reneged on that ]

They could throw a dome up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

cut the tournament down a day and build in a rain day

May 29, 2016, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe they have reneged on that ]

Do we really need all these teams in the tournament? Or could they play a double header? A little foresight would be nice, you know, so the winner isn't drawn from a hat if the game can't be played.

The only reasonable choice is "co-champions" ... not

May 29, 2016, 7:27 AM [ in reply to I believe they have reneged on that ]

having a champion at all after playing all week is ludicrous ... !

Clemson and FSU have to have earned something for all their hard work and effort, even if it results in a "tie".

Re: that link ... Hopefully TCI is providing another piece of false information.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only reasonable choice is "co-champions" ... not

May 29, 2016, 7:43 AM

I do agree with this point. Co-champions makes the most sense to me instead of awarding it to the higher ranked team or leaving it empty.

If they're willing to leave the title vacant because of a ..

May 29, 2016, 7:58 AM

... simple rainout, then they really just need to reassess the need to have a tournament at all.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,096
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic