Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The refereeing in the Pitt game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,356

The refereeing in the Pitt game...

Jul 29, 2017, 2:35 PM

...honestly makes me wonder if that game was fixed.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only "fix" was their OC "fixing" our linebackers

Jul 29, 2017, 2:45 PM

out of position.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only "fix" was their OC "fixing" our linebackers

Jul 29, 2017, 2:54 PM

Also DW4 threw 2 picks in the end zone. I know he had awesome stats that day, but change 1 of those INTs to a FG and Clemson wins.

Credit to Pitt for playing tough and a good game plan.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Losing the game IMO is what helped us go on the run

Jul 29, 2017, 4:02 PM

the rest of the way. We were playing tense all season. Losing took the pressure off us and the rest is history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The refereeing in the Pitt game...

Jul 29, 2017, 2:53 PM

amazed watching again how poorly we played. Still hard to believe its our D

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2017, 2:56 PM

Also, the two b.s. tosses to Gallman when we needed one yard. Just absurdly bad play-calling on our end.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad execution. They were stoning WG

Jul 29, 2017, 3:01 PM

The whole day when we ran up the gut.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2017, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: The refereeing in the Pitt game... ]

I agree two plays to get one yard that was the difference in the end. Pitt never quit and we just did not man up when we needed to man up and get one yard. I would have loved to at least seen 4 run it on one of those plays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are all of you fellas Coots and Bulldogs, because clearly

Jul 29, 2017, 4:01 PM

you are uninformed or misinformed. DW was hurt the entire game. He could not run it because a bruised shoulder from the week before. It killed our running game. TO's did hurt us. But Pitt's offense was not nearly as good as they looked. They were successful on 4 of 13 third downs, without the benefit of a penalty. With penalties, they were 9 of 13. Heydt and his crew will never call a Clemson game again from what I have heard. That crew called 2 of our games last year, and not only did they call more penalties against us than any other crews( and I don't just mean 1 more, I mean 5 to 6 more than any other crew), they also called more penalties on us than they did on any other teams in games they called. The Old Coot screwed us big time....right into a National Championship!!

Jul 29, 2017, 2:58 PM

especially the call on Ben Boulware late in the 3rd Qtr. for roughing...whatta pu$$y call that was

Terrible call.***

Jul 29, 2017, 3:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not unreasonable to say that cost us the game.

Jul 29, 2017, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The refereeing in the Pitt game... ]

Yeah, I know the mantra, the robotic, automatic response, "we cost ourselves that game with all of the mistakes we made. Can't blame the refs". Bullshite. I've run a lot of stop signs, a few red lights, and gone over the speed limit a bunch; but that doesn't make it right for me to get convicted of an armed robbery I didn't commit - it doesn't "balance out". We expect, and have every right to demand, officials to get it right every time, no matter how many mistakes we make, and they should be held accountable when they don't. The integrity of the game depends on it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I thought I read that the ref who threw the flag against

Jul 29, 2017, 3:44 PM

Boulware was a USuC grad. And that every game he has reffed, he averaged throwing 25% more flags against Clemson than any other team.

There was an article about it after the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Duane Heydt

Jul 29, 2017, 3:48 PM

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article114676983.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I am pretty sure we averaged 3 penalties per game last year

Jul 29, 2017, 4:06 PM [ in reply to I thought I read that the ref who threw the flag against ]

in games that were not called by this crew. This crew called two of our games and we had 9 penalties in one and 10 penalties in the other.

Hey guys look what we got!

Jul 29, 2017, 4:08 PM
image.jpg(109.6 K)

But seriously our guys should not have come out flat the way they did. The poor officiating job would not have been a factor if our guys took care of business. At the end of the day who cares? Pitt doesn't have the trophy. We do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,356
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic