Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need Help Shutting Up Coot Fan...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Need Help Shutting Up Coot Fan...

Jan 21, 2013, 9:52 PM

I know, I know, why was on a coot message board. I go over there some. Anyways, need help shutting up this guy. Anyone have a source to refute his accusation?!?

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=187108

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need Help Shutting Up Coot Fan...

Jan 21, 2013, 9:54 PM

Can't see the post unless I'm logged in and that ain't happening.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't know you needed a login... here is the post:

Jan 21, 2013, 9:58 PM

It's funny how every time a recruit decommits from Clempson or drops them from their list of schools considered, Clempson fans claim its because the recruit wouldn't meet their academic standards. Since when did Clempson become such a prestigious academic university??? Ever since we started beating their tail on the field the last 4 years, the Tiggers have started touting their academics and ethics and how they are losing because they are unwilling to compromise on those. Sorry to burst your bubble Clempson fans, but those are delusions that were started on Taternet. Your academic standards for athletes are the exact same as ours. I know Clempson fans love to say that the ACC is a much better academic conference, and even if that were to be true (different debate), Clempson is not in the same league as UVA, Duke, Wake, Boston College, etc. So stop trying to ride their coattails (even if it for something as irrelevant as academic standards).

Needless to say his sqawking needs to be stopped.

"...something as irrelevant as academic standards" -coot

Jan 21, 2013, 10:01 PM

Spoken like a true coot...LOL

Only a coot would find academics irrelevant.***

Jan 21, 2013, 10:04 PM

Re: Didn't know you needed a login... here is the post:

Jan 21, 2013, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Didn't know you needed a login... here is the post: ]

"Clempson is not in the same league as UVA, Duke, Wake, Boston College, etc. So stop trying to ride their coattails"

LOL! This is rich. A coot telling us not to ride on a conference coattail.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The facts are readily available

Jan 21, 2013, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Didn't know you needed a login... here is the post: ]

we outrank them academically.

Also ask him about their football player's graduation rates compared to any school in the country.

They suck.

Re: The facts are readily available

Jan 22, 2013, 1:02 AM

Clemson is better than SCar according to USNews and Forbes.

SCar is better than Clemson according to GRA, ARWU, QS, Times Higher Education, and Washington Monthly.

Self-review rankings usually have CU out front, while those that take into account published research, STEM funding, and faculty prestige usually have SCar out front (which makes sense, as SCar offers Law and Medical schools--open to undergrads and grads--that offer better jobs to more notable professors, from Fowler to Vakharia).

You can start with Prop 42, since he wants to make it a

Jan 21, 2013, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Didn't know you needed a login... here is the post: ]

conference deal and we know who's the real coattail league rider round here.

Only UF and Vandy in SEC R better academically than Clemson

Jan 21, 2013, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Didn't know you needed a login... here is the post: ]

And maybe UGA. The rest of the SEC is below ALL of the ACC.

FACT!

Re: Only UF and Vandy in SEC R better academically than Clemson

Jan 21, 2013, 11:00 PM

I would stop at maybe Vandy. I attended UF for law school, so I'm not biased.

FWIW: I spoke with a Dean at the law school in Columbia and was told that the students from the College of charleston and Clemson are the best and brightest law students.

Hey mikey...we know youre promoting this trash***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Didn't know you needed a login... here is the post: ]

We're riding coattails?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jan 22, 2013, 2:41 AM [ in reply to Didn't know you needed a login... here is the post: ]

HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA!!!!!!

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Is there such a thing as shutting a coot up?

Jan 21, 2013, 9:55 PM

They will squawk at artificial light, you know.

Yes.

Jan 21, 2013, 10:28 PM

But it is only a temporary solution

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 21, 2013, 9:55 PM

If you go over there you're on your own.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You see, I'd like to help but I regularly make fun of coots

Jan 21, 2013, 9:59 PM

that troll this board...I'd prefer to stay unbiased

Just use big words and make fun of their stupidity...works every time.

Can't see the post coot

Jan 21, 2013, 10:03 PM

Cmon man...u can do better

Jan 21, 2013, 10:06 PM

Really! The academics have been this way for years. There is no question that most sec players could not qualify academically at acc schools. Y'all won 4 in a row cause u have a good team. Prior to these last 4 we have owned your sorry ### coots for the last 30 years. I hate to tell u this but it's gonna revert back very soon. Stay off our board coot cause u mean nothing and never will and what's so true is spurrier don't care about your sorry ### university. He only cares about himself.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please provide a link that shows your assertion

Jan 22, 2013, 8:39 AM

That most SEC recruits could not qualify at ACC schools. Clemson and South Carolina have identical admission standards for student athletes.

Several years ago Clemson denied admission to Dwight Jones because of a board they set up to help with the APR standards. After that denial the board was ended and Clemson went right back to admitting kids who met minimum requirements.

Your statement is a completely false and no one seems to be able to back it up with any evidence. Please someone show me a link that shows Clemson currently (or in the last 3 years) has a policy that is different than any school in the SEC.

Jan 21, 2013, 10:13 PM

Let me guess.... You were denied admission to Clemson so you went to USuC instead and still are not over it.....

just punch him in the mouth..that should do it..***

Jan 21, 2013, 10:14 PM

Jan 21, 2013, 10:16 PM

Tell them there's a customer at the gas pump!

I don't have CockyTalk account. I am a CLEMSON fan.***

Jan 21, 2013, 10:31 PM

Jan 21, 2013, 10:44 PM

I feel like this problem should be forwarded to Dabo. He needs to coach his team to beat them... and then you can use the scoreboard to shut him up. Until then, we should shut up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2013, 11:35 PM

Right On! Dang, some of us sound just like the whiney ##### of the 1990's. We're better academically, our coach is morally superior, your star players are dumb, etc. What they were really saying back then (and some of us are now)is simply this: We don't have an answer on the field for the consistent beatdowns, so we'll feel superior in other ways. We need to beat them consistently on the field again, period!

Pay for the pizza and shut the door.***

Jan 21, 2013, 10:48 PM

You need a shrink pal.***

Jan 21, 2013, 10:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2013, 11:08 PM

I could be wrong but after reading your past posts.....there's a good chance you're just a coot trying to stir up a little trouble. If so ....please go away! Thanks and have a great night! ;)

This shouldn't be necessary but...

Jan 21, 2013, 11:14 PM

yes, ENTRANCE standards are the same for all NCAA schools. Truth. The difference is that at Clemson we make student athletes actually attend classes and do their course work. Standards are somewhat more relaxed at the Olympia campus.

I'd like to think that only a gamecock would use the word "irrelevant" to describe "academics" but every school has fans like that. Fans - not graduates I would think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You go to their board and

Jan 22, 2013, 12:27 AM

that's what you're going to hear. Then you want help? Why not just ignore the lice infested bobble heads?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2013, 7:57 AM

Let me translate your post:

"I went swimming in a septic tank, and now I want you to help me get the smell off."

Coots Couldn't Shut Up When They Sucked For Decades.....

Jan 22, 2013, 8:07 AM

What makes you think they will start?.....

They are going to live off of this winning streak they have on us for the next 30 years.......Learn to live with it....

kind of like having gout or something

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Jan 22, 2013, 9:14 AM

Only way to shut up a coot is to cut his tongue out.

Ask him why when a Clemson grad applies to MUSC

Jan 22, 2013, 9:47 AM

they get an extra .2 on their GPA to compare them fairly with SCAR grads

The best way to shut him up is to find out who he is, then

Jan 22, 2013, 9:54 AM

Go to where he is . Then step on his foot and When he yells spray raid in his mouth. This should stop him in his tracks

Best way would be to beat them.

Jan 22, 2013, 10:19 AM

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic