Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So in what ways is OU drastically improved
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

So in what ways is OU drastically improved

Dec 9, 2015, 10:38 PM

From our last meeting (if at all)?

It would seem our offense is better, our defense may have taken a slight step back and our special teams has taken a pretty big step back.

But what about OU? Anybody got any insight?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So in what ways is OU drastically improved

Dec 9, 2015, 10:44 PM

I watched their game vs Tennessee and wasn't impressed at all. They were losing that game 17-0 at one point. The media has definitely over hyped them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJa5cVsPAQ8

They've upgraded their QB, something we can't match ...

Dec 9, 2015, 10:46 PM

... Oh, Wait!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stoops has only "Choked" once this year!

Dec 9, 2015, 10:48 PM

It's all about that Big 12 perception. Oklahoma is playing better this year but they are quite beatable! Slight 'Dog' might be a good thing.

Dec 9, 2015, 10:50 PM

On offense - schematically they no longer run the Heupel/Pistol and have returned to the Air Raid but it was still a balanced attack, actually more run than pass as it moved past the debacle in Dallas. They have a QB that run the offense and run it will with 35 TD with only 5 int. On defense they finally have the personnel to run the 3-4 and have 2nd team AA in Sanchez, but I am more impressed with the Thomas on the other corner, the whole back end of the secondary is light years ahead of last year. It doesn't hurt that the coaches Stoops made paid off, some is actually coaching the QB and the wide receivers and are on the same page, and we have DB coach that coaches the group as a unit, rather than having to previously spit the safeties and corners. Best of all the moved MS to the box, to call the defense and not freak out on the sidelines.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/12/2/9826410/oklahoma-sooners-2015-big-12-playoff

Re: The Big 12 Defenses have been Marginal all year

Dec 9, 2015, 11:00 PM

The QB is a stud and they have a great wr, but this is the 5th time this season that the "Experts" are saying this is the best "D" that Clemson will face all season.

Who's saying that? Not even remotely true***

Dec 10, 2015, 12:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are beating everyone's back up QB THIS YEAR***

Dec 9, 2015, 11:16 PM

something they couldn't do last year***

Dec 9, 2015, 11:19 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: something they couldn't do last year***

Dec 9, 2015, 11:24 PM

I guess we are lucky that we're not playing our back, and our back up last year destroyed them. The 6 points they got was with our back up to the back ups on both sides of the ball....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look a their quality wins 2nd and 3rd team***

Dec 9, 2015, 11:27 PM

Dec 9, 2015, 11:56 PM

Two words - Lincoln Riley. He has drastically improved their offense, but it was after the Texas game that they got better. They are still very dependent on Perine to carry the rock. The Mixon guy runs east-west instead of north-south, and loses more yards than he gains. Mayfield is an improvement over an injured Trevor Knight, but he has serious problems connecting on the deep routes.

Basically, not much has improved IMO. Or at least not that much to talk about. And they still have no idea how to tackle. Should be a route IMO. I doubt OU scores more than 30, and I doubt we score less than 40. We would have to turn the ball over numerous times to lose this one.

Oh yeah - Shepard is better this year since he is not hurt this year. But he will be less effective than Perine. Stop Perine and Mayfield when he scrambles to extend plays, and it is OVAH!

Dec 10, 2015, 6:53 AM

So Mixon averages almost 7 yd/s a carry running east / west?

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic