Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bernie's gonna free the weed on day 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 420

Bernie's gonna free the weed on day 1

Feb 3, 2020, 6:57 PM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2020/02/01/bernie-sanders-pledges-legal-marijuana-in-all-50-states-on-day-one-as-president/#33c929341c16

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bernie's gonna free the weed on day 1

Feb 3, 2020, 7:01 PM

Feel the Bern.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not against it but is that legal

Feb 3, 2020, 7:07 PM

Since its law, not an order?

He'd have to.yave an executive order to do that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope

Feb 3, 2020, 7:07 PM

releases carbon, increases global warming

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but

Feb 3, 2020, 7:10 PM

if he gets socialized medicine, we may need to self-medicate, a lot

Far out, man. That's totally out of sight.***

Feb 3, 2020, 7:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

does weed relieve hunger pangs?***

Feb 3, 2020, 7:14 PM

Feb 3, 2020, 8:42 PM

I have believed for quite a while that with this economy and a pledge to legalize weed(which should increase govt taxes) that Trump would easily win re-election. If the plan included taking the additional tax windfall and applying it to all levels of health care it may be a landslide. I also believe that without addressing the weed situation he could lose in spite of the economy, even though it seems an obvious tactic and a win-win IMO.

Feb 3, 2020, 8:56 PM

They do tax the weed. I think it would probably still be sold at dispensaries. Also, in the states where it isnt legal, it has to be a drain on the system prosecuting people.

It’s not a drain on the system. It funds the wholedamthing***

Feb 3, 2020, 9:29 PM

Re: It’s not a drain on the system. It funds the wholedamthing***

Feb 3, 2020, 9:32 PM

What funds it? Tons of people are in jail for probation violations due to weed. Thats expensive. The cops are expensive to pay too. Its mainly taxpayer money that funds it.

Stack that against the hundreds of thousands that get

Feb 3, 2020, 9:45 PM

arrested for possession and clog up magistrates courts for PTI, etc., and the millions on millions seized in traffic stops because the car was a little stinky.

Sure there’s costs of incarceration, but there’s a lot of special interest that profits from the arrest industry.

Re: Stack that against the hundreds of thousands that get

Feb 3, 2020, 9:57 PM

Yeah they try and cover some costs with seizures of property, but that doesnt cover the costs.

Economic impact
"Since 1971, the war on drugs has cost the United States an estimated $1 trillion. In 2015, the federal government spent an estimated $9.2 million every day to incarcerate people charged with drug-related offenses—that’s more than $3.3 billion annually.19
State governments spent another $7 billion in 2015 to incarcerate individuals for drug-related charges.20 North Carolina, for example, spent more than $70 million incarcerating people for drug possession.21 And Georgia spent $78.6 million just to lock up people of color for drug offenses—1.6 times more than the state’s budget current for substance use treatment services.22
In contrast, marijuana legalization would save roughly $7.7 billion per year in averted enforcement costs and would yield an additional $6 billion in tax revenue. The net total—$13.7 billion—could send more than 650,000 students to public universities every year. "

The war on drugs overall is a loser financially for taxpayers.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/criminal-justice/reports/2018/06/27/452819/ending-war-drugs-numbers/

Re: That's what I was saying it would be an increase in tax

Feb 4, 2020, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Bernie's gonna free the weed on day 1 ]

revenue to the govt and I agree it would lessen the burden on law enforcement so they could be freed up to chase larger illegal traffickers.

I'm not sure if he can do that

Feb 4, 2020, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Bernie's gonna free the weed on day 1 ]

and keep his radical evangelical base.

They're not too fond of the devil's lettuce because it makes white girls want to be with Obeds.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Feb 3, 2020, 9:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 9:45 PM

I am all for decriminalization, but not legalization. The problem with legalizing weed is that corporate america will end up destroying what is already a great cottage industry for growers, and a lucrative start up opportunity for small business entrepreneurs.

Once Monsanto and Philip Morris get involved, you can rest assured they will lobby the congress to completely monopolize the growth, distribution, and sale of all cannabis. We will be left with fewer choices, lower quality, and probably a shit ton of additives.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Legalization would allow for private growing... If you want

Feb 3, 2020, 11:23 PM

it enough, you can learn to cultivate it....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree, but

Feb 3, 2020, 11:51 PM

that can easily be legislated away in the name of corporate profits.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody has to pass the laws and somebody has to run

Feb 4, 2020, 8:39 AM

those corporations... Somebody might have a bad day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 420
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic