Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feels like the day Earnhardt died
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Feels like the day Earnhardt died

Jan 26, 2020, 3:19 PM

RIP Kobe

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feels like the day Earnhardt died

Jan 26, 2020, 3:21 PM

I'm with there brother but it'd be worse if all his family died. Beyond words.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2020, 3:22 PM

Yes - today for many of us - will be one of those days where you will always remember where you were when you heard the news.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2020, 3:38 PM

It is tragic and sad for sure. As a senior I’m not really into basketball, college or pro. But to say this is like the death of Earnhardt is incorrect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn’t matter

Jan 26, 2020, 3:39 PM

If you like basketball or not, the man was an icon who helped change the game of basketball. Just how Earnhardt was an icon and changed nascar.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It doesn’t matter

Jan 26, 2020, 3:48 PM

I was always a Michael Jordan guy, but I respected Kobe’s accomplishments. RIP Kobe! Gone too soon!

Re: It doesn’t matter

Jan 26, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to It doesn’t matter ]

There's no comparison as to how much Earnhardt and Kobe meant to their respective sports but I felt shock and sadness none the less when I read that Kobe was killed. I still feel bad for him and his loved ones.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did KB change the game of basketball?

Jan 26, 2020, 10:42 PM [ in reply to It doesn’t matter ]

I don't follow it much so I genuinely don't know.

True...

Jan 26, 2020, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Feels like the day Earnhardt died ]

Its probably bigger.

there were people who couldn't go to work for a week

Jan 26, 2020, 4:33 PM

after Earnhardt got killed. A lady in my office called in sick the entire week, she was so devastated. I'm sure there were plenty more like that.

I would never say one person's life is more important than..

Jan 26, 2020, 4:42 PM

another but if anyone thinks Earnhardt's death is near Kobe in scale then they are living in a very limited world.

Re: I would never say one person's life is more important than..

Jan 26, 2020, 5:11 PM

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.l but is it necessary to compare the two?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing written on TigerNet is necessary...

Jan 26, 2020, 5:25 PM

But obviously the initial post is comparing the two. Aside from that...Its not an opinion. Its a fact. Feel free to provide proof otherwise. I don't even watch the NBA. But it is what it is.

Re: I would never say one person's life is more important than..

Jan 26, 2020, 5:57 PM [ in reply to I would never say one person's life is more important than.. ]

World wide Kobe is much more known than Dale. Loved Dale and to me it was more tragic but this hits hard and it does for many around the world. Basketball is much bigger around the world than Nascar.

Much bigger

Jan 26, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to True... ]

Plus the fact his daughter went with him makes it incredibly tragic

you must be too young to remember clearly

Jan 26, 2020, 4:44 PM

we all saw Earnhardt get killed on live TV, on the last lap of the biggest race of the year, the Daytona 500. It was like seeing a player die on the field at the Super Bowl.

Re: you must be too young to remember clearly

Jan 26, 2020, 9:20 PM

I'm with scooter. Earnhardt's death had a massive impact on racing. Comparing the two is asinine. one man died on live tv doing the thing he loved, the other was retired and died in a freak helicopter accident crash. Both tragic. I highly doubt Kobes accident will do anything to impact basketball the way Earnhardt's passing impacted motorsports

Re: True...

Jan 26, 2020, 7:06 PM [ in reply to True... ]

Although sad, not even close!

Jan 26, 2020, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Feels like the day Earnhardt died ]

Ora said:

It is tragic and sad for sure. As a senior I’m not really into basketball, college or pro. But to say this is like the death of Earnhardt is incorrect.

I'm not the biggest fan of NASCAR...

But I felt it when Dale Earnhardt was killed...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Feels like the day Earnhardt died ]

Correct. Kobe has much more of a national impact than he did.

Jan 26, 2020, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Feels like the day Earnhardt died ]

You disgust me. Go away for Pete’s sake.

Jan 26, 2020, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Feels like the day Earnhardt died ]

True, this is bigger than Earnhart. Kobe was world wide and touched many more people on many more levels.

Jan 26, 2020, 9:43 PM

Shhhh don’t say that around the boomers... basketball is “full of thugs”

Was thinking the same thing.

Jan 26, 2020, 3:41 PM

Prayers for the family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 26, 2020, 3:43 PM

This #### breaks my heart man.

That was the day Clemson beat UNC when they were ranked #1.

Jan 26, 2020, 3:47 PM

I was excited to watch Sportscenter, but it wasn't even a blip on the radar due to Earnhardts death.

I can see the simialrity though this doesn't strike me the way the Earnhardt death did. It is basketball, and as a Hornets fan I had no real affection for Bryant.(he jilted Charlotte as too small of a market and refusedd to sign).

Terribly tragic though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: That was the day Clemson beat UNC when they were ranked #1.

Jan 26, 2020, 3:56 PM

Earnhart and his boy were put on pedestals. Dirtiest driver ever.

I was no Earnhardt fan, but he was great for racing.

Jan 26, 2020, 4:02 PM

I was always a Joe Gibbs #18 fan, which was Dale Jarrett and then Bobby Labonte in the Interstate Batteries car.
When Dale Earnhartd died, I felt it in my gut. I am sure there are basketball fans feeling it the same was with Kobe.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Re: I was no Earnhardt fan, but he was great for racing.

Jan 26, 2020, 4:24 PM

NASCAR is not at all what it was in his life. Now I dont say that is totally due to Dale's death but sure didnt help.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was no Earnhardt fan, but he was great for racing.

Jan 26, 2020, 4:39 PM

No , it's those idiot Frances that have ruined nascar .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: That was the day Clemson beat UNC when they were ranked #1. ]

You obviously know very little about racing!

Jan 26, 2020, 6:56 PM [ in reply to That was the day Clemson beat UNC when they were ranked #1. ]

I was excited to watch Sportscenter, but it wasn't even a blip on the radar due to Earnhardts death.

I can see the simialrity though this doesn't strike me the way the Earnhardt death did. It is basketball, and as a Hornets fan I had no real affection for Bryant.(he jilted Charlotte as too small of a market and refusedd to sign).

Terribly tragic though.

Dude... He was traded.. Like it was his intentions to be dealt to LA...

Jan 26, 2020, 8:48 PM

yes IT WAS Kobe's intention to be traded. He forced it all. Lakers were his dream. Kobe would not sign with Charlotte. Period

Yes. Clemson beat North Carolina in basketball that day.

Jan 26, 2020, 4:00 PM

The celebration was quickly tempered with the news of Earnhardt's death at the end of the game. Prayers for KB's wife and daughters.

Jan 26, 2020, 4:01 PM

I don’t remember Earnhardt buying his way out of a rape charge?

Too soon, man.

Jan 26, 2020, 4:48 PM

One of the greatest basketball players ever, along with his daughter and at least two other people, are dead. It’s really tragic. Show some respect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Totally uncalled for. I meant to TD this post.

Jan 26, 2020, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Feels like the day Earnhardt died ]

Totally uncalled for

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2020, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Feels like the day Earnhardt died ]

you're an fn idiot

Jan 26, 2020, 4:21 PM

I was thinking it reminded me of when Elvis died.......even though it was so many years ago it has always stuck in my mind exactly where I was and what I was doing that day he died ......very sad news and RIP Kobe and daughter .....Go Tigers!!!!!!

I was only 7 but I still remember my dad coming into my room

Jan 26, 2020, 4:29 PM

to tell me that Elvis had died. I don't think my father liked Elvis very much and was kinda' excited about it. That was a wierd one.

Jan 26, 2020, 4:35 PM

Davey Allison was also killed in a helicopter crash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I pulled for Davey, Allen Kulwiki and Earnhardt.

Jan 26, 2020, 5:14 PM

I've decided not to have a favorite anymore in NASCAR.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My post was not about NASCAR or NBA

Jan 26, 2020, 4:38 PM

Rather a simple truth -

Shocking deaths like this collectively remind us that we are all on the same journey in this delicate cocoon of life, that every moment is precious and must be cherished, and to hold our loved ones just a little bit longer.

I saw the above on Twitter..

Yeah the only other sports deaths comparable in scope and shock

Jan 26, 2020, 4:45 PM

Ayrton Senna and Roberto Clemente

Jan 26, 2020, 4:55 PM

RIP Kobe

RIP Kobe’s victim. You can finally get a good night’s sleep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Bryant_sexual_assault_case?wprov=sfti1

Jan 26, 2020, 6:01 PM

Kobe didn't rape anybody dude grow tf up.

Now ain't the time buddy....***

Jan 26, 2020, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Feels like the day Earnhardt died ]

Jan 26, 2020, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Feels like the day Earnhardt died ]

That is a truly disgusting thing to say. I hope you don't wear the paw in public much so people don't associate us with you

Jan 26, 2020, 5:01 PM

Can we not devolve in comparing the deaths of two great men of sports? Both left a lasting excellence in the sport they loved. Their craft inspired many and many loved them for what they excelled at.

I agree that it does feel like an ICON is gone. I’m just shocked by a great number of the responses to your post PTT. I’m a way bigger fan of Earnhardt but I was lucky enough to have lived through both men owning their respective sports. I respective both men’s accomplishments and talents! I’m just not sure, as a NASCAR fan and a human being, why the heck people need to compare deaths and what they “think” those deaths meant to people. I feel pretty good that to the people that matter, the family, friends and God, they are probably equally as painful, important and unfortunately memorable. I would have hoped for more from our fan base on this one. RIP Kobe and others involved.

I agree that it does feel like an ICON is gone. I’m just shocked by a great number of the responses to your post PTT. I’m a way bigger fan of Earnhardt but I was lucky enough to have lived through both men owning their respective sports. I respective both men’s accomplishments and talents! I’m just not sure, as a NASCAR fan and a human being, why the heck people need to compare deaths and what they “think” those deaths meant to people. I feel pretty good that to the people that matter, the family, friends and God, they are probably equally as painful, important and unfortunately memorable. I would have hoped for more from our fan base on this one. RIP Kobe and others involved.

Yep feels the same

Jan 26, 2020, 5:32 PM

Jan 26, 2020, 7:16 PM

He would have had to died on the court to equal the weight of Earnhardts death.

Jan 26, 2020, 8:19 PM

Kobe was the first pro athlete younger than me. That made me feel really old when I was 18. Tragic that his daughter died too but this doesn't feel the same as Earnhardt.

Millions were watching when Dale Sr crashed, he was still very active in his sport and the biggest attraction.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic