Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Debate with Coot... Was I wrong?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,496

Debate with Coot... Was I wrong?

Aug 8, 2014, 10:41 PM

Not a trick question.. Lol. I should never lose an argument of logic with one, but curious on your thoughts.

My argument was that they only finished inside top 5 or 10 recently was because of their bowl wins. While they were beating up on a broken down bum in the captial one, everyone ahead of them were in a BCS bowl. Ie, half of them had to lose for them to jump. Not debating they won the game they needed too, but they've got the easiest schedule in the sec. No good teams from the west and a broken down UF. If they'd played tamu, Bama, auburn, or LSU, they would have gotten pounded.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your only mistake is debating with a coot...

Aug 8, 2014, 10:47 PM

Other than that...makes sense I suppose.

Re: Debate with Coot... Was I wrong?

Aug 8, 2014, 10:49 PM

They've definitely fell into their ranking by beating a mediocre B1G team while teams ranked ahead of them lost to better opponents in better bowls the last couple years.

However I can definitely see their argument that they deserved a better bowl game.

Aug 8, 2014, 10:55 PM

Agreed they may have deserved a better bowl game, but would they have own and still been in top 10? I say no.

Aug 8, 2014, 10:56 PM

Own = win. Lol. Darn auto correct.

Didn't we beat two teams last year t

Aug 8, 2014, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Debate with Coot... Was I wrong? ]

That won BCS bowls?

What reason do you to conclude we couldn't have won a bcs bowl?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Didn't we beat two teams last year t

Aug 8, 2014, 11:12 PM

Because you have to play in one first.... Kind of important. And don't pull the sec card... They wouldn't even notice if you left.

That post there should give you a heads up

Aug 8, 2014, 11:16 PM

You're not being logical.

We couldn't have won one because we didn't play in one.

Yet we could have lost one.

Hmm. Do you not see the incongruent argument?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That post there should give you a heads up

Aug 8, 2014, 11:22 PM

Already been in one argument with you morons today. My argument was... Now listen clowney, you moved up in rankings because you didn't have to play a quality team at the end of the year like those ahead of you. It's true. You jumped better teams BC of it. Admit it. Move on.. Maybe to your own message board.

Sec pride won't work here. This isn't espn. We don't rank Bama ahead of Oklahoma after they beat their brakes in and didn't lose their starting qb...

As for y'all. Quality tea, I admit it. But top 5... That's a joke.

Aug 8, 2014, 11:26 PM

wouldn't have finished in the top ten if we'd beaten them.

Notice you're the only one mentioning the sec or espn?

Aug 8, 2014, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: That post there should give you a heads up ]

My post relied on mere logic.

Re: Notice you're the only one mentioning the sec or espn?

Aug 9, 2014, 12:12 AM

They didn't play A&M either. Logic from a coot is an oxymoron !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2014, 12:27 AM

I think the thing coot fans can't get over is that we played and won a BCS game while they weren't accepted. Well, it has to do with rules in place. You were one of the two strongest from the SEC. Handle Tennessee and we're not having this conversation. If we beat FSU we would have played for the ACC. We lost and weren't accepted into that game, even if we deserved it over Duke. Fact, y'all had a good year. Fact, you again, lost the division. You lost to a beat up UGA team we beat the week before.

Be happy we had 6 turnovers and that UCF choked. You could have been looking at 2 more losses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2014, 12:31 AM

I obviously meant that SC "wasn't" one of the two strongest from the SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2014, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: That post there should give you a heads up ]

If the tigers would've handled business in the roach, we would've been ranked top 5

No one thought you'd lose to UT...nothing is a given...***

Aug 9, 2014, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Didn't we beat two teams last year t ]

With what respect I can muster -

Aug 9, 2014, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Didn't we beat two teams last year t ]

Since you do seem to post logical comments, and aren't just trolling...

Your win over UCF is - in my opinion - somewhat inflated with regards to strength of W. UCF beat an already overrated L'Ville team - that is their main claim to ranking last year.

The Coots' win over Clemson last year is definitely a win. We can't always pull out the 'we beat ourselves' comment, but surely you could consider that 6 turnovers (atleast 3 of which could have been prevented) helped in your victory.

The Pharoh Cooper jump pass for a TD was the back breaker, but consider this...we were tied going into the 4th...and our 4 TO's to that point in the game certainly contributed to your scoring. 4 TO's, yet still tied..in the unfriendly confines of WB. Should've really been up 7 - the interception off Sammy in that opening drive still drives me crazy.

Undoubtedly the turnovers assisted carolina

Aug 9, 2014, 9:01 AM

But I think you will find most teams that control the turnover battle will win the game.

Likewise, there is merit to the OP's original argument. Playing a lower ranked team in a bowl does make it easier. However, you can't use that to argue that Carolina would have lost a bowl game against a better opponent.

There isn't anything to support that argument.

Thank you for acknowledging that my posts are meant for honest discussion and not to incite posters.

Better off talking with the one in the mirror***

Aug 9, 2014, 8:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,496
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic