Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Poll: Do you believe Korncoot's "speculation"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Poll: Do you believe Korncoot's "speculation"

May 1, 2014, 9:15 AM

The guy throws it out there like it's fact and everyone eats it up like he's clearing up what actually happened, when in fact it's his speculation and emotional opinion based on his hatred for Clemson and Dabo Swinney. Do you think there's any merit to what he's reporting?

Is there any merit to what Korncoot is reporting?    [Results]

Yes
No
2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never believed anything a coot booster had to say about CU***

May 1, 2014, 9:24 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poll: Do you believe Korncoot's "speculation"

May 1, 2014, 9:26 AM

OK, what's he reporting?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poll: Do you believe Korncoot's "speculation"

May 1, 2014, 9:27 AM

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2014/04/30/commentary-politics-wins-out-over-dedication-in-clemson-play-by-play-change/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First time ole Korncoot is right. Once Thad was hired

May 1, 2014, 9:39 AM

Munson was just collecting a check , so "Coach Munson" and Dabo petitioned DRad to move Pete out and put "Coach Munson" in so that he would still have a job with the AD. No speculation about it "Coach Munson" has been working behind the scenes since Thad was hired to get it done.

Re: First time ole Korncoot is right. Once Thad was hired

May 1, 2014, 9:42 AM

Link for proof?

If it isn't speculation then you have proof....that's how the line between fact and speculation works. So provide it...

Link?

May 1, 2014, 9:45 AM

If Bob hasn't popped up w a link than it must not be true.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proof is out there on the internet and I won't do the

May 1, 2014, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: First time ole Korncoot is right. Once Thad was hired ]

leg work for you. The question you should be asking is what was Munsons job after Thad was hired? Munson had no job once Thad was hired is the answer but Munson is Dabos boy so he got hooked up with a job . It happens everywhere in every business so don't think Dabo and company are above the good ole boy system.

Re: Proof is out there on the internet and I won't do the

May 1, 2014, 10:11 AM

so in other words you read what kornblut said and you have no other sources

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

TNet isn't the only place for Clemson news and info

May 1, 2014, 11:37 AM

And I can assure you that Korncoot isn't a news source nor did I read his article until it was posted here.

Re: TNet isn't the only place for Clemson news and info

May 1, 2014, 2:43 PM

So if it is on the 'net, then link it here. You made the claims, so back it up. Not my job to prove your "facts".

That makes sense and it's pretty obvious

May 1, 2014, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Proof is out there on the internet and I won't do the ]

THE AD said himself that Pete was doing a good job- and they wanted to keep him the basketball job.

You don't do that if someone isn't doing a good job - or you have a problem with him. There would be no reason to offer it to him for charity.

So it's 1 of 2 things - or maybe a little of both

1) They wanted to keep Don around and he needed to do something

2) Someone in the football office wanted a change and wanted someone more friendly in the booth (This wouldn't have happened in the past - but schools- mainly football coaches want100% homers in the booth now).

We have one at South Carolina in the football booth - and that what the athletic department wanted.

It's not good- but it's what some want- especially football coaches.

Re: That makes sense and it's pretty obvious

May 1, 2014, 10:35 AM

I don't know about the dabo wanting pete gone but pete did release a statement yesterday that said that the ad wanted to go in a different direction. so what is FACTUAL is that pete wanted to stay and the ad made the decision to not have him as the pbp and move munson into the job.

Re: That makes sense and it's pretty obvious

May 1, 2014, 10:38 AM

The AD wanted Pete for basketball.

So reading between the lines- he didn't want to move in a different direction for basketball- if he wanted Pete to stay.

I'm not sure someone in football wanted Pete gone - but I think it makes sense that someone there did want Don in the position.

Clemson University doesn't have to hire a guy that hasn't done football play by play in 20 years (Don Munson). they could have hired any number of quality PBP guys nationally- many would have jumped at the chance.

So if the AD wants to keep Pete in basketball- but not football- I don't think it's very hard to read between those lines.

Perhaps you have never heard Don call a game.

May 1, 2014, 3:27 PM [ in reply to That makes sense and it's pretty obvious ]

Personally I think Pete is more of a homer than Don. That's one of the things I've always disliked about Munson. He seems to get overly excited when the opposing team make a good play. As a Clemson fan it's irritating to listen to.

Re: Proof is out there on the internet and I won't do the

May 1, 2014, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Proof is out there on the internet and I won't do the ]

Wow...great proof! Are you an attorney??? If not you have missed your calling. I vote guilty. Fire Dabo!!!

This talk has been going around the AD offices

May 1, 2014, 10:16 AM

for several weeks. The move came as no real surprise. I told you days ago to "stand by your computers."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since you are plugged in, tell us why it happened.***

May 1, 2014, 3:29 PM

Korncoot is a sad and jealous human being***

May 1, 2014, 11:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic