Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tayquon Johnson announcement / Part two
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Tayquon Johnson announcement / Part two

May 14, 2018, 11:03 AM

Still a go for noon. Looks like Clemson

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tayquon Johnson announcement / Part two

May 14, 2018, 11:11 AM

Any reason why he has not been ranked by several recruiting outfits? Impressive list of offers , j ust asking?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Offers from Clemson, Alabama, UGA, Penn St and many

May 14, 2018, 11:15 AM

others. If recruiting experts could coach, they would. If coaches could get a job as a recruiting expert, they wouldn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offers from Clemson, Alabama, UGA, Penn St and many

May 14, 2018, 11:28 AM

Wasn't questioning whether the young mam was good or not. Just back story on why he is under the radar.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

May 14, 2018, 11:30 AM

OhioTiger it won't be but a matter of time before he is listed at least a 3 star by all the services due to his offer list.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Offers from Clemson, Alabama, UGA, Penn St and many ]

It just shows me that our staff truly evaluates rather than looking at lists on recruiting websites.

May 14, 2018, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Tayquon Johnson announcement / Part two ]

In last yrs game against the coots, the players of the game were Ryan Carter and Hunter Renfrow. Stars are great but when it comes to talent identification I'll trust our coaches over the same guys who didn't rank these players very highly at the recruiting services. JMHO

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

May 14, 2018, 11:50 AM

This guy is a TFL machine. It just feels right that he commits to us since we will get another #51 on the team and another Tay. Jay and Artavus were 2 of my all time favorites.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2018, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Tayquon Johnson announcement / Part two ]

As someone from Baltimore, the school he plays at is in the middle of freakin nowhere. He's not in any big time high school program, he's not in a serious league, he's just a freak athlete playing for tiny school in western Maryland. He's an hour+ from Baltimore or DC playing against public school white kids. The college coaches know who he is, but he just won't get publicity until he starts going to more camps, because the league he plays in won't tell you much.

Re: Location

May 14, 2018, 12:07 PM

These public school white kids you speak of ... they know which end to run to when the kicker puts his foot in it ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 14, 2018, 12:03 PM

Fans of some schools claim a commit is a "diamond in the rough" but the lack of progress over his time at the school refutes their opinion. On the other hand, Dabo and staff have the uncanny ability to find and sign the true "diamonds in the rough" and prove their assessment of talent is superior to the self proclaimed recruiting experts.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2018, 12:07 PM

You can't put too much stock into recruiting rankings this early in the cycle. It's only May and NSD is still some 9 months away. There is still a TON of evaluation to be done for the kids in this 2019 class. Offers are still going out, the Summer camp circuits are still underway, and don't forget that these guys all have their senior years of football still yet to be played. Many recruits will gain or lose stars as everything plays out over the rest of the year, so for the time being just trust the Clemson coaching staff and their ability to evaluate, recruit, and develop the kids that they think give us the best chance to win, regardless of current stars or lack thereof.

according to 247 class calculator - TJ add would move us to

Sep 14, 2023, 12:38 PM

#3 class - from #7

I'm not sure that thing is correct - we would have 12 with a lower ave rating than A&M who also has 12.

not that it matters at all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2018, 12:15 PM

Interesting note, Johnson's ranking on the 247Composite skyrocketed from unranked all the way to #493 just within the last few hours

May 14, 2018, 12:16 PM

#449 now. Crazy what a Clemson, Bama and Georgia offer will do for you

May 14, 2018, 12:18 PM

That's why I said earlier he will be ranked in no time.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic