Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talk is cheap....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Talk is cheap....

Jul 24, 2017, 10:01 AM

We will see what unfolds this season with regards to our football programs achieving (or at least maintaining) elite status. For me, talk about such things at this time of year is uncomfortable. Hubris and arrogance have destroyed many programs and the meek shall inherit the earth. As fans,(yes, even you rich ones) we don't play, practice or participate in a single play on a single drive in a single game so we should just wait and see. We are probably going to be great again but regardless let's at least let the season begin. Just remember, money walks and buIIshit talks. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who gives a ####?

Jul 24, 2017, 10:04 AM

We won the natty. We could go 9-3 and it still wouldn't change the fact that we're now elite, and that UGA now sweats our balls.

hth

Thanks for proving OP's point***

Jul 24, 2017, 4:25 PM

Re: Talk is cheap....

Jul 24, 2017, 10:12 AM

Very true but as fans during the offseason and even more this time a year football is starting to get closer and as fans that's what we are suppose to do is talk and predict the upcoming season bc like you said we don't play and that's all we really can do. if we can't predict or talk about upcoming team and stuff what's point of having this forum? It's what fans do we talk about how good are team will be and etc. that's the name of the fan game.

Jul 24, 2017, 10:22 AM

You make sense....it is what we do as fans. I've been on Clemson "Overload" since January and just fear a great comeuppance. It's just me, I hate to be cocky....

Jul 24, 2017, 10:35 AM

I agree with you about not being errogant and big headed. a lot of our fan base has become big headed and are getting a little too cocky but also we have got alotnof bandwagon fans now and tbh I think they are the most obnoxious of them all. I'm ready for the season to start already too just thought I'd give another view of the situation of fans talking.

Jul 24, 2017, 10:15 AM

And as long as the players and coaches don't start talking about how good we will be then we are fine you start to worry when your team gets big headed, and not walking the walk. Talk is cheap but like you said we can't walk the walk that's up to the team so as fans we talk the talk. Sorry I know what you mean but I disagree with you on most of that!

So what you're saying is

Jul 24, 2017, 10:45 AM

FOCUS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Jul 24, 2017, 1:54 PM

I think it's the other way around " Money Talks, ######## walks", but I get the point. Hard to understand a man that uses that saying and "hubris" in the same paragraph, sounds like different sides of the track.

Jul 24, 2017, 2:50 PM

I am familiar and comfortable on either side of the track. Thanks for pointing out my butchering the saying "Money Talks and Bullsh!t walks..." I've got an old, cloudy brain.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic