Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What do you think? play Watson or go ahead and get the surgery?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

What do you think? play Watson or go ahead and get the surgery?

Dec 4, 2014, 7:44 PM

Was listening to sports talk and the poll question of the day was "should Watson play in the bowl game or go ahead and have the surgery?" 62% said surgery while 38% said play in bowl game. I'm honestly undecided on what I want Watson to do. I really want him to play but I also don't want him to make the injury worse and not able to play at the beginning of next season. Im no doctor and I have no idea what its like to play football with a torn ACL but it didn't look good with the way Watson was limping off the field Saturday. I just don't want any setbacks. Is the bowl game worth losing Watson the whole off season? I just don't want to see a RG3 type situation happen with Watson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The date to go under the knife is after the bowl game

Dec 4, 2014, 7:52 PM

I don't think it is worth risking it, and the bowl game could be Cole's Swann song. I think maybe a healthy amount of rest for Cole may help him and if he comes in the game pooping the bed then you turn the Shuess Loose and run some Wildcat too

I would say, surgery with one exception...

Dec 4, 2014, 7:54 PM

We get an Orange Bowl invite. Its such a big bowl that gets so much attention, it is a little more worth the risk to me. If not, I would say go ahead and start the healing process and get ready for next year.

If I were CDS, I would make that decision for DW4 and not give him the option to play. I say this because DW4 will want to play either way and I would not expect him to differentiate between bowls and what is "worth it" and whats not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

leave it to him,the coaches,& Doctors,not the press***

Dec 4, 2014, 8:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you think? play Watson or go ahead and get the surgery?

Dec 4, 2014, 7:54 PM

He's going to miss spring regardless, so the coaches could be think they mind as well get him some practice time in bowl season since he is able to practice. But if rehab takes longer than expected we may not have him at the start of next fall or season. They could also be saying that he's playing just to get a better bowl bid. Personally I would be fine losing the bowl if we sat Watson because of surgery.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Surgery

Dec 4, 2014, 7:57 PM

For what its worth, I lean towards surgery and beginning rehab, however I would not let this be known. I would prepare Cole to lead us out for his last game as well as getting Nick ready. I say this because we have a great Senior defense which I believe we can lean on. We most likely will not be playing in a new years bowl unless FSU blows out GT. and this would hopefully allow us to be healthy starting next year. I do agree however, I am not a Doctor so I do not know the consequence's of playing him, I will leave that to the people paid to make that decision. But as a long time Clemson fan I will not be upset if they hand the ball to Stout, we just need to be game planning that way right now.
I also do not feel recruits or their parents would look at Clemson negatively for making that decision, Giving a Senior who has played with heart his last start in a bowl and preserving the Freshman who is the Face of the program now and going forward I see both as positives decisions, I just don't want them to tell the world until the pin toss at the bowl game.

Re: Surgery

Dec 4, 2014, 8:06 PM

COIN toss at Bowl game

Re: Surgery

Dec 4, 2014, 8:22 PM

I would say there are variables. If we play a team that doesn't have an aggressive defense, play him. If we play an aggressive 'LSU' defense, then don't. So let's wait a week and see where we land and whom we play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you think? play Watson or go ahead and get the surgery?

Dec 4, 2014, 8:25 PM

First and foremost the medical staff makes the first call. THE MEDICAL STSFF. Them it's if the player feels he can do it . Then the coaches

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Watson said the limp was because he brace was too tight.

Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM

If the medical professionals and Watson's parents are OK for him to play we should play him. All this talk about what's best for the boy should be left to those who are informed and in authority including the kid himself.

It really doesn't matter what the general public thinks. We have neither complete knowledge nor control.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. You're exactly right

Dec 4, 2014, 9:03 PM

I was just curious as to what most thought. Maybe someone has more knowledge/experience with this type of situation. A guy called in on the radio show who was supposedly a doctor, he said with dabo saying Watson's injury can't get any worse than what it already is the furthest thing from the truth. I personally have no idea if there is any truth to that, just relating what I heard. We have a great medical staff and I trust them 100% to make the right decision.

play him. with no Watson practicing, my guess would be the

Dec 4, 2014, 8:56 PM

extra 2 weeks of bowl practice would be worthless. We learned today that John Elway had no ACL in one knee coming out of college, so apparently it really is possible to play safely with the knee braced.

Get the surgery,

Dec 4, 2014, 9:07 PM

there is no way of knowing if rehab will be trouble free. If complications arise, he will have enough time to work through them and be back for next year.

Play the bowl game......can't hurt it anymore.

Dec 4, 2014, 9:10 PM

First two games next year are not biggies.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

totally disagree. Bowls mean nothing. Heisman run with

Dec 4, 2014, 9:53 PM

full season. Miss first two games, and he's behind the 8 ball. Much more hype and pub leading up to season with a recovered watson than without. Plus, i'd rather him practice then than now.

Get the surgery and start healing.

Surgery

Dec 4, 2014, 9:47 PM

Surgery would be the way to go IMO. He's the future for the next 3 years. Why risk it. The future is more important than winning a bowl game this year.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic