Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stop the attacks on non alumni Clemson fans...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Stop the attacks on non alumni Clemson fans...

Nov 20, 2014, 12:07 PM

If it wasn't for non alumni Clemson fans, we wouldn't have an 83000 capacity stadium. If not for non alumni fans, Iptay would bring in a ton of less money. There are a lot of non alumni fans that go to more athletic events and give more money to Clemson than alumni. In fact without non alumni fans Clemson as a whole would not be what is today.

We, as non alumni Clemson fans, put a lot if time and money into Clemson. So we have the right to complain about poor coaching decisions.

In summary, quit trying to divide up the fanbase, we are all Clemson fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my dad was a career naval officer and I was born overseas.

Nov 20, 2014, 12:12 PM

Can I still sing The National Anthem?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my dad was a career naval officer and I was born overseas.

Nov 20, 2014, 12:16 PM

ragtop: Apparently not according to the wacko who made that post!

i'd bet you a hundred to your dime

Nov 20, 2014, 12:21 PM

That any idiot who feels that way towards non-alums does not go as far back with Clemson as some of us non-alums do. I guess I have to give up 38 years of loving the Tigers because I took a baseball and music scholly to SCSU out of HS. Get a life....I am a Bulldog and a Tiger fan til I am fertilizing daisies.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'd bet you a hundred to your dime

Nov 20, 2014, 7:32 PM

I think it's a shame to make comments about the Clemson Family, alum/non-alum.....really who gives a crap! I consider anyone that loves this university as family. A disfunctional one at times but a family just the same! Go Tigers!

Don't you have to sing it to when getting your citizenship

Nov 20, 2014, 3:28 PM [ in reply to my dad was a career naval officer and I was born overseas. ]

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: my dad was a career naval officer and I was born overseas.

Nov 22, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to my dad was a career naval officer and I was born overseas. ]

absolutely!! and this is not the same thing @ all!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stop the attacks on non alumni Clemson fans...

Nov 20, 2014, 12:15 PM

tigerking: My thoughts exactly. If he reflects the thoughts of even a small portion of Clemson Alumni, I have no problem simply dropping my affiliation with the school, supporting it financially and all it stands for. Just who the heil does this wacko think he is? An absolutely disgusting post!

Nov 20, 2014, 12:17 PM

agreed

He doesn't reflect the views of even the smallest minority..

Nov 20, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Stop the attacks on non alumni Clemson fans... ]

of Clemson grads. He's just going by what he learned here, most of the dumpers are not Clemson grads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when my dad retired form the service, we moved to the

Nov 20, 2014, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Stop the attacks on non alumni Clemson fans... ]

upstate and my love affair with Clemson began. Dad went to work in the biochemistry dept. at the university until he retired again for health reasons and I still reside in Gods country Clemson although my beloved father has since passed. I have never met anyone in Clemson or affiliated with Clemson University remotely like the fellow (I suppose) that posted such an insulting and narrow minded post as what was posted earlier. My dear father did teach me that some folks just don't get it and try as you might will never get it. GO TIGERS!

O.k. Presumably I'm the "whacko," so let me reiterate the

Nov 20, 2014, 6:50 PM

point here, just so we can try to be accurate: I stated that folks who aren't alums have no business singing the alma mater (which THEY DON'T) and that people who didn't graduate from Clemson should shut up about how the administration isn't meeting their expectations when it comes to turning the university into a football factory. Now, as I later said in the comments, OF COURSE if you are paying to put someone through school here, or if you've lived in this area your whole life and have a real attachment to the community, then YES, you are Clemson family. My venom was for that level of trash that thinks buying tickets for games on Saturday entitles them to come eat Sunday dinner over with those of us who have a real investment in this school. And no, buying tickets for something is not an INVESTMENT. So, if that hurt your feelings, well, too bad.

Re: O.k. Presumably I'm the "whacko," so let me reiterate the

Nov 20, 2014, 7:05 PM

If someone has two defrees, do they have greater rights?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 20, 2014, 7:05 PM

degrees

null

Nov 20, 2014, 7:07 PM [ in reply to O.k. Presumably I'm the "whacko," so let me reiterate the ]

Do you realize that the university defines an alumnus as anyone that completed one semester?

null

On Saturday,

Nov 20, 2014, 7:11 PM [ in reply to O.k. Presumably I'm the "whacko," so let me reiterate the ]

look over at Memorial Park and specifically the Scroll of Honor. There are many Clemson alumni that gave their lives so that you can spout on.

Many dropped out of Clemson to join the service in times of war.

null

Nov 20, 2014, 8:35 PM [ in reply to O.k. Presumably I'm the "whacko," so let me reiterate the ]

Odd you would use Sunday dinner as an example of your poor thought process on this subject. The Sunday dinner where I grew up here in the beautiful upstate of SC was and is meant to be a gathering of family. Family being the key term here as family is not about just being related by blood,but also of those who have come into the fold and are indeed family. That is what the Clemson fan base is no matter if I attended Clemson,or I just happen to be a fan who supports them through IPTAY,tickets,merchandise we are still part of that Sunday dinner gathering. And you appear to be the loud obnoxious guy who because he was born by blood thinks he doesn't have to bring anything to feast so he just eats more than he should and complain about all the food everyone else brought while pigging out.

Nov 20, 2014, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Stop the attacks on non alumni Clemson fans... ]

Do you promise Larry?

Nov 22, 2014, 9:55 AM

At every big time school, the alums tend to look down their noses at what is often termed the "pickup truck" alumni. I suppose there is some extra pridea with having a degree, that gives them the right to feel they "earned" the right to be a more important fan, and gives them some higher level of life in general. Funny that a couple of friends of mine that never went to college, one is a plumber, the other a HVAC guy, could buy out most of the alums I know altogether. Regaedless, if it wasn't for the "pickup truck" alumni, you could forget but having a great athletic department. What really entitles one to rank their worth as a fan I suppose is the amount of money one ponies up for donations to IPTAY and seats and parking. You can have all the degrees you want, but if you don't pony up with a check you will be walking from Main St., and sitting in the corner of the upper deck.

Please quit dumping on my coaches and players.

Nov 20, 2014, 12:19 PM

You've got nothing invested in Clemson. Your interest are limited to my football team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have idiots like clemsontiger1988 at every school

Nov 22, 2014, 10:29 AM

You just ignore people like him, his words mean nothing. Don't allow low life message board losers to affect who you cheer for. Go Tigers! I've been sitting in the Valley, Little John, and The Doug for 30 years and have given large amounts of money to IPTAY for years. I have interest in this school. It is my school! If you don't like it, too #### bad, I don't care!

I am not a Clemson alumnus. I joined IPTAY in

Nov 20, 2014, 12:35 PM

1980, began buying 2 then 4 season tickets, increased my contributions,
traveled 4 hours to home games from Winston-Salem, then Mt. Pleasant, and now 9 hours from my home in Florida. I attend away games and support Clemson University in any way I can. So Clemson is special to me. I don't think I have ever been attacked because I did not attend Clemson.

AND, I am a Guilford College and University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa) graduate.

Go Tigers
Roll Tide

Bama alumni have status at Clemson.***

Nov 22, 2014, 9:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Well said....

Nov 20, 2014, 12:50 PM

I think when the vocal alum crowd attacks non-alum fans, its more of an attack directed at your casual non-alum Clemson fan who goes to a game maybe once a year, sometimes every other year when they get a free ticket and gets more involved during the good times and tends to poke fun during the down times. They like associate/diassociate themselves when its convenient.

Re: Well said....

Nov 20, 2014, 1:04 PM

I just disagree completely. I am not a Clemson grad but I go to every game I can which means home and away. If we have a good season I'll be there and if we don't I'll be there

I didnt explain myself correctly.....

Nov 20, 2014, 2:50 PM

I full yagree with what you are saying, I am non-alum and am vested as you are in Clemson athletics.
I was not saying all non-alums are like that. I am saying that the vocal minorioty of alums that make those comments probably associate the typical non-alum as the person I originally descrbied....just a halfway fan.

fair weather fans that are too vocal when being critical

Nov 20, 2014, 3:11 PM

yeah I get it

It's the Barkertologists that started this alum v non alum..

Nov 20, 2014, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Well said.... ]

thing

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said....

Nov 20, 2014, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Well said.... ]

Then as educated people, they should be able to articulate their thoughts better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Nov 20, 2014, 6:19 PM

The same people that are turning up their noses here, are the same people that scream the loudest about the unc, dook..... Elitists

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Nov 20, 2014, 6:22 PM

Well said and the Truth!
Student # 36920

Crump apparently killed my thread, so the attacks have

Nov 20, 2014, 6:41 PM

stopped.

Nov 20, 2014, 7:22 PM

If you put in money -especially giving to IPTAY or the University - then I think folks can ##### all they want.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 7:31 PM

Absolutely agree! IMO, people who give to IPTAY are much more of a fan than someone who merely has a Clemson degree anyway, and we have a lot of IPTAY members who didn't graduate from Clemson.

Nov 20, 2014, 7:50 PM

Why would an attack bother you?you and others attack Cole, Dabo or the team and you take a stand for non alum? How noble!

Eating your own is not a good strategy.***

Nov 22, 2014, 9:37 AM

Nov 22, 2014, 11:24 AM

this is a GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!! 100% true!!why do some of U want to divide us this way?? how does it help Clemson??does it feed your insecurity and make U feel better??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic