Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stars and Physics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,395

Stars and Physics

May 18, 2019, 1:31 PM

Remember, as you look to the heavens each night...all that you see has already happened. It's the same with recruits. Their stars are 'to that point in time'.

From afar, it's tough to distinguish and for many staffs across the country, discerning a star's composition is difficult. The Tiger staff's ability to assess, enveloped within a culture of 'All In' and a personal growth track unique to each player is, I believe, what continues to raise the bar. It's also fundamental to why so many high-stars are comfortable choosing Clemson, despite coming from being a big fish from a very small pond. That, would be 'character'!

Lastly, as many may know, 'red stars' are on their last legs. Yeah, they're big, but...leave those to Georgia's, Bama's, OU's, and tOSU's of the world. A color ain't all that!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I failed physics twice

May 18, 2019, 1:59 PM

and never took astronomy but if you mean that Clemson gets who they want because of their unique approach that places character and “fit” above ranking, I agree. Hmmm... maybe I should give physics another go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stars and Physics

May 18, 2019, 2:00 PM

The Oculus knows all. To put it in the proper perspective.
Clemson Oculus = Hubble Telescope

All other programs = magnifying glass from a Cracker Jack box

an old outdated telescope?

May 18, 2019, 2:25 PM

We are the James Webb Telescope ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Stars and Physics ]

The tigernet forums have really been on point lately. More threads dealing with astronomy and existentialism than ever before.

Oculus = transdimensional portal = eye of sauron = hobbits in upstate south carolina

May 18, 2019, 3:46 PM

Lol, you make me laugh Howard. You created this Scok on the 4th and just referenced Tnet as more than ever before, lol, you kill me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Stars and Physics ]

Oculus = transdimensional tower of untold strength = cosmic influences are radiating the campus = aztec prophets foretold of this 2 thousand years ago = another clemson championship

Bulletproof logic

I don't agree with all you posts

May 18, 2019, 2:20 PM

But I like this one a lot.

It seems like our coaches are playing chess while everyone else continues to play checkers in recruiting. We shrink our pool of potential recruits, make less offers than anyone, and actually back off recruits if the process reveals something we don't like. We put a premium on making sure we don't bring in poisonous players and the dividends have been fantastic (read two NC's and 4 playoff births). How do other programs not see this and realize that fit is as important as talent when asking 80+ young men to commit to your vision. It blows my mind others don't see this but I'll gladly accept status que in those regards.

Actually, EVERYTHING you see has already happened.

May 18, 2019, 5:56 PM

Just not necessarily as long ago as the state of a star.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,395
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic