Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Speaking of Dabo being the top ACC coach. It is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,634

Speaking of Dabo being the top ACC coach. It is

Apr 11, 2013, 10:32 PM

important to note something. In four full seasons, he has not only made two appearances in the ACC title game, but he actually has won three division titles. The co-championship we won this year with FSU counts. We got a trophy for it, we are officially listed as 2012 ACC-Atlantic co-division champs and it goes in the record books. It will also go over the West endzone where we list our division titles. If FSU didn't want to have to be considered co-division champs, they should have beaten NC State, something we were able to do.

Three division title trophies, an ACC championship trophy, and a couple of bowl wins over SEC teams, not to mention dethroning the 2010 national champ by ending their 17-game winning streak, and this year's Kickoff Classic trophy over an SEC team is some serious hardware for only four full seasons.

And he has been getting the job done on the recruiting trail.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention what I know about his personal story..

Apr 11, 2013, 10:35 PM

Dabo is the man!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of Dabo being the top ACC coach. It is

Apr 11, 2013, 10:40 PM

One of the things I love about Dabo is that he always seems to care. I like the fact he gets excited after big wins and appears depressed when we lose. After all the years of watching Tommy Bowden grin and smile on the sideline while we were getting our butts kicked made me sick. Dabo has accomplished more in 4 years than all the coaches since the 91 season. I will be glad to see Dabo kick the coots a$$e$ this year in Willard-Mice stadium!

Apr 12, 2013, 12:02 AM

Dabo is a dog gone good leader of our Tigers. Dabo has worked his butt off to get us where we haven't been in a long, long time. And I'm really enjoying having these feeling again of being one of the teams to beat. And not that team that was always pulling a Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2013, 5:55 AM

Yea,but 1-4 against the coots won't sit well if he goes 1-5.

Actually, valid point. Regardless of stats, there remains

Apr 12, 2013, 6:12 AM

a large number of Clemson die-hards who regard the Clemson/SC game as the measuring stick for the season. Generally, these same fans place little to no emphasis on success within the ACC nor care about BCS bowls. Either their thinking was ingrained years ago or it is a product of their parents' thinking. Labelling them as foolish or unreasonable is folly, for it won't change their attitudes...they will simply rebut: "What will be your thoughts should there be a five-peat?"

And we know what happened on TNet after the four-peat. Dabo and Co. simply will have to dig deeply to outcoach and outplay SC...and it won't be easy with Spurrier at the helm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kathleen...is that you????***

Apr 12, 2013, 8:15 AM

Apr 12, 2013, 8:42 AM

I like the guy too but I cant see last year as a tie for the Div. We lost to the Div winner. People can play w the stats all they want but that isnt winning the Division to me

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I know is

Apr 12, 2013, 9:11 AM

That we were the 2nd best or the best team in the ACC by the end of the year. I think we would've beaten FSU if we got them in the 2nd half of the year. I don't blame you. I don't feel like a division champ either but I do know we were the best in the ACC or 2nd.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2013, 9:23 AM

Not to get into the "one more play" thing, but one more play by VT in the FSU game last year and Clemson wins the division outright two years in a row and most likely beats GT in the ACC Championship Game.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,634
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic