Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So....TCI is reporting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

So....TCI is reporting

Aug 2, 2015, 3:45 PM

"Shaq" Smith our 5 star recruit for 2016 isn't sure he's going to sign his FAA from Clemson. What does that mean? I realize their reporting isn't usually right but just saw on my Facebook feed and thought I'd ask you recruiting gurus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So....TCI is reporting

Aug 2, 2015, 3:47 PM

From experience, wait till Mr Hood reports it. And when that happens, then and only then is it legit.

why wouldn't he?

Aug 2, 2015, 3:55 PM

It's not like it binds him to us. Just gives our coaches unlimited contact with him. And he can sign FAA's with other schools as well.

Re: why wouldn't he?

Aug 2, 2015, 4:19 PM

Not sure if the rumor is true or not, but if it is, maybe he doesn't want our coaches to have unlimited access. I'm sure his phone already gets blown up as it is and signing the FAA wouldn't stop the other teams.

Re: why wouldn't he?

Aug 2, 2015, 5:14 PM

This may be driven by our staff.

If a kid signs the letter and ultimately attends another school, Clemson could be penalized. As a result, the coaches want to make sure that the kid has no doubts about their commitment and is ready to discontinue all contact with other schools. If the staff senses any doubt, they may not allow him to sign.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also a good point***

Aug 3, 2015, 10:03 AM

Aug 2, 2015, 3:57 PM

Link?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2015, 4:06 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17563355

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

as always...

Aug 2, 2015, 4:25 PM

very helpful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2015, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: So....TCI is reporting ]

I don't know why I even bother sometimes...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2015, 4:11 PM

If he signs it our coaches can be in contact anytime they want to make contact with him. I am not sure why he would not sign it because it does not bind him to anything else.. He may be thinking if he signs it and then decommits he would have to hear from our coaches all the time but who knows he may just be lazy and does not feel like messing with paperwork.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2015, 4:14 PM

Thanks for your kind response, I appreciate it.

Aug 2, 2015, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: So....TCI is reporting ]

If he signs it and then signs with another team Clemson could be penalized for recruiting violations. I'm sure it is our coaches decision for him to not sign until he is 100% all in.

Aug 2, 2015, 4:13 PM

Some people are so asinine. I am just asking a question I don't have the answer to and because I had the audacity to ask you're going to give me a Thumbs Down???? Now that's "cootish" if I've ever seen it! Why are you so angry? Not that I give a hoot, just asking!!

Aug 2, 2015, 4:22 PM

I got hammered one time for making a comment about one of our recruits going to a different school and instantly became a coot. LOL The kid I made the statement about his dad is one of my asst. football coaches and his wife said that her son was going to UF so I mentioned it on here and went from like 99 to a 40 in a hurry. We have so many on here that thinks everything negative is a coot remark.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2015, 5:35 PM

Sometimes people on here will dog recruits and do more harm than good by acting foolish on social media. Sometimes no information is better for Clemson than rumors. Not that yours or this info is. I imagine the coaches were probably already knowledgeable of it or why would you not contact the coaches about it first?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 2, 2015, 6:46 PM

Until Hood or one of the other gurus says it then no worries.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2015, 7:25 PM

Just kidding. Hopefully he stays all in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2015, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: So....TCI is reporting ]

Which is why I hate about 85% of our ignorant fanbase.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 3, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: So....TCI is reporting ]

You are 1000 percent correct Make a statement that isnt orange. Colored and your a coot. More than likely these people dont even go to games at home or on the road

Aug 2, 2015, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: So....TCI is reporting ]

One thing to keep in mind: I suspect many posters on this board are teenagers or younger. That's one problem with an Internet
Board. It's tough to consider the source when the source is essentially unknown.

early enrollees are eligible to sign before their sr years..

Aug 2, 2015, 4:30 PM

is he not enrolling early at cu?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2015, 4:39 PM

This is actually happening more and more with recruits. It could mean nothing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only recruit we need to worry about***

Aug 2, 2015, 5:28 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: only recruit we need to worry about***

Aug 2, 2015, 10:40 PM

YEP. This is a case where it might be best if he doesn't sign it...

Stand by your computers!!

Aug 2, 2015, 7:21 PM

my brother's orthodontist has a fishing buddy who knows a guy that goes to Florida twice a year. I'll let everyone know the details when I get the report.

Aug 3, 2015, 3:21 AM

Swinney said at ACC Media days that if a kid signs and then they talk about him to the press, and then he backs out of his FAA and signs with another school, then Clemson could be slapped with NCAA sanctions as a result. He said it doesn't make a lot of sense but it is a rule and there is nothing they can do about it. So they want to make sure these kids are 100 percent committed when they sign those FAAs.

Aug 3, 2015, 10:30 AM

It could also mean that he's having second thoughts about enrolling early. Only early enrollees sign the FAAs.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic