Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is it ok for us to cheer for the ACC in basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Why is it ok for us to cheer for the ACC in basketball

Mar 25, 2016, 3:49 PM

when we make fun of SCU for cheering for the SEC in football?

I'm just trying to better myself with knowledge.

SRO. TIA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Why is it ok for us to cheer for the ACC in basketball

Mar 25, 2016, 3:51 PM

+1 ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Mar 27, 2016, 9:03 AM

FM, I agree completely. The only difference that I can see is that we Clemson folks never lose our own identity in pulling for our conference. I would imagine we, as a fanbase, have better sense and more pride that to adorn ourselves with a conference members logo while chanting mindlessly SEC-SEC-SEC!!! In the defense of the idiot coots, they have neither pride nor sense so I guess it's just easier to lose yourself in cheering for a conference. Honestly, my only desire is for the conference to make as much money as possible so we can shut up the "SEC $$$" bullsh!t! Go Tigers and since we aren't playing, go whoever brings in the $$$ for Clemson!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not!***

Mar 25, 2016, 3:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2016, 3:53 PM

I pull for the acc for the simple fact that we're in it and it helps SOS. Not that we need it to in football b/c we run everybody over anyways, but I don't want us to get shorted in a major sport 1 year b/c our conference is weak. Shamecocks don't think that way. They don't really pull for the sec, they just use the so called "strength" of the sec as an excuse as to why they lose and fail so much.

So it's ok for us to do the same thing b/c our reason is better?***

Mar 25, 2016, 3:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: So it's ok for us to do the same thing b/c our reason is better?***

Mar 25, 2016, 4:14 PM

It's not that the reason is better, but the 2 situations aren't comparable for me personally b/c I root my my teams conference but when we lose I don't go shouting it's cause we're in the ACC and we're so good. In contrast, coots do that. They don't root for the sec. Yet they always talk about how strong it is. Supposedly

Re: So it's ok for us to do the same thing b/c our reason is better?***

Mar 25, 2016, 4:18 PM [ in reply to So it's ok for us to do the same thing b/c our reason is better?*** ]

Perhaps to be more specific, are we actually dealing with people that 'live' this contradiction, or is it that the folks ridiculing usuc for the practice are not the same folks (here on tnet) that are 'everything acc'?

Honestly, in my many years of sports fan(aticism), I have come to the cold, hard conclusion that it don't mean a DAYUM how much I root "for or against", whether it's Artavis (not) hauling in a tightly defended td pass, or hoping ND loses tonight - or ANY time - it is totally out of my control. It doesn't change a thing. And worse yet, why anyone should obsess, fret or criticize me because/if I do is even more puzzling! Though I s'pose in their mind, they believe they can change my evil, misguided ways.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it helps our SOS?

Mar 25, 2016, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is it ok for us to cheer for the ACC in basketball ]

how does the ACC winning in the NCAAT help our SOS?

and if it does, what does it matter? Are we on the bubble for another tournament and it will push us over?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's ridiculous, apparently you haven't seen

Mar 25, 2016, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is it ok for us to cheer for the ACC in basketball ]

all the posts using the so called "strength" of the ACC as to why Brownell loses and fails so much

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Better than having the SEC win games in the tourney.

Mar 25, 2016, 3:55 PM

So glad to see TAM lose last night. SEC was shut out of final 8. Happy for that!

"us"? i cheer for vpi&su...

Mar 25, 2016, 4:04 PM

to fall into the New River.

hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

... And I'd throw them a cinder block.***

Mar 25, 2016, 4:43 PM

it's not. Who says it's ok? It's ok to mock the coots with ACC as

Mar 25, 2016, 4:08 PM

they walk out of the stadium in the third quarter because you know if they won that they would do it.

But I can't imagine how a Clemson fan could think favorably about our conference. Although I'm happy we get more money if ACC teams advance in the tourney. But that helps us. Bragging about the accomplishments of others though would just be cootish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

There are 3 threads on the mange right now.

Mar 25, 2016, 4:12 PM

That's the last answer I'm giving you.

well they're the equivalent of coots then because there's a HUGE difference

Mar 25, 2016, 4:13 PM

between wanting the ACC teams still in the tourney to win so we get more $$$ and thinking you're hot sh*t because you're in a conference with a couple of good teams in it, even though you, in fact, suck.

but now that i look at the threads, it looks like it's been the former, not the latter.

Message was edited by: tiger_swimmer®

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Rah Rah ACC!

Mar 25, 2016, 4:47 PM

LOL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2016, 4:52 PM

It's simply because of......

Screw chanting ACC though.

http://collegespun.com/acc/syracuse/acc-could-make-over-30-million-from-2016-ncaa-tournament

Mar 25, 2016, 4:59 PM

It is not. We are Clemson. Ef the ACC.

Mar 25, 2016, 5:04 PM

Here in Tennessee, you will hear all football season long about how dominant the SEC is in football. Here is the problem I see.....until the bowl games, those football teams play few decent teams outside of their conference. It's really easy to say your conference is the best when all you do is play each other and lessor teams from other conferences.

Please note that i recognize there are exceptions....Tennessee playing Oaklahoma last year.....Auburn playing Clemson this year.....and many more I don't have time to list.

In basketball, there are many more games in which to compare confrences.

Is the ACC the best at basketball? I have no idea since I only really watch Clemson and March madness. I filled out my bracket with lots of ACC teams winning......why? Because they are the teams I got to see play the most....and the team I actually knew a little about.

Mar 25, 2016, 5:22 PM

The SEC was 9-2 in bowl games...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Mar 25, 2016, 6:51 PM

I will believe you because I am too lazy to check. I don't happen to care how many SEC or ACC teams won their bowl games.

No need to check ...

Mar 25, 2016, 8:55 PM

.... one thing you can expect from a uscjr fan who spends a lot of time on their arch rival's fan forum:

He WILL know how well the REST of the sec did in bowl games. Plus, he had nothing else to do while his 3-9 coots sat at home.

As a matter of fact, this entire thread is due to people like him.

smh

Mar 25, 2016, 5:15 PM

Cheering is one thing. Claiming their success is another.

Because rivals? hth********

Mar 25, 2016, 6:34 PM

How about this

Mar 25, 2016, 9:37 PM

Every game an ACC team plays in means the payout to the conference (and Clemson) increases. I'm in favor of Clemson getting as much money as possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We pull against USC in all sports. Gravy when ACC beats 'em***

Mar 25, 2016, 10:00 PM

What is this "basketball" you speak of?

Mar 25, 2016, 10:14 PM

Do we field a team in this sporting venture? I am unfamiliar with this.

Screw the ACC.

Mar 27, 2016, 9:09 AM

I wouldn't mind UVA winning compared to Oklahoma or Nova.
Plus it's more money for Clemson why wouldn't you pull for a team like UVA.

Is it because Tiger hoops is so blah? Oh, I see your point***

Mar 27, 2016, 1:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2016, 2:27 PM

Please provide a list of those who are doing so. They must be smitten.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mar 28, 2016, 1:37 AM

Are they still playing basketball?

I think it's because...

Mar 28, 2016, 3:15 AM

I am pulling for the ACC so Clemson gets more cash. I am not pulling for the ACC as if we are winning anything. The Coots pull for Bama as if they, the coots. are actually winning something.

It's not OK. Do you have any other questions? ;-)***

Mar 28, 2016, 9:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez guy. Cheer for whatever you want. I think the reason

Mar 28, 2016, 10:32 AM

Clemson fans mock Gamecocks is because we beat the crap out of them, they get pounded in the conference and then they come over here and explain how somehow they are better than us because of Bama/Florida/Auburn/whatever.

I will unapologetically cheer for every remaining ACC team except UNC...and I'll gladly let Clemson take their cut of the money from all of them. The fact that we went 10-8 in a conference that had 6 Sweet 16 teams, 4 Elite 8s, 2 Final Fours, one of the championship game teams and possibly the champion helps sooth the fact that we missed post-season play. You can call it coat tails all you want, it's noteworthy. AND, it's a tool that we can use to recruit. I'll take it. I will NOT, however, go visit the Gamecock board and tell them how much better we are than them.

So, cheer for who you want. I see a difference between the two scenarios. If you don't, that's fine.

null

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic