Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, is OHst really #1 Team..and will they be NC again?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,085

So, is OHst really #1 Team..and will they be NC again?

Sep 8, 2015, 10:22 AM

Two questions...but maybe same answer.

What say you?

GoTiGs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on VT's offense I would say no. If their QB played the

Sep 8, 2015, 10:24 AM

entire night they would have kept it real close. Even so, VT does not have a prolific O like other teams so you have to wonder what other teams would have done to OSU.

That being said--they have a soft schedule and so will stay near the top all year long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To answer that I will need to answer . Are the Detroit lions the number 1 team ?***

Sep 8, 2015, 10:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: So, is OHst really #1 Team..and will they be NC again?

Sep 8, 2015, 10:55 AM

They do have an easy schedule compared to some teams. They should get by this season, but I am not sure they are the best team. The playoffs will help with that and I don't think they win it all this year. Alabama and Ohio state have been media kings forever, along with ND. It is really to early to tell about #1, but they have a good coach and more than a few players. We beat them last time and I think we can do it again if we get a shot at them!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that Boise State had a slightly tougher schedule

Sep 8, 2015, 12:07 PM

than OSU. That was until BYU lost their starting QB for the season. OSU only has Michigan St. to worry about the rest of the season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd pick them over any other team but I'd take all teams

Sep 8, 2015, 11:00 AM

vs. Ohio State as far as who will be champion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to guage after VT. They are stacked with offensive

Sep 8, 2015, 11:31 AM

talent. The defense is good, but VT proved they are vulnerable. They should definitely make it to the playoff though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: So, is OHst really #1 Team..and will they be NC again?

Sep 8, 2015, 11:45 AM

For now they are the #1 team. They played well against VT, but had Brewer not gone out it would have been a different game. His going out just completely deflated the team, even the defense. Once Ohio State scored the next touchdown they just couldn't get out of their funk. I think if Ohio State went up against a higher caliber team, they would actually struggle. Heck, they struggled in the second quarter against VT. They made stupid mistakes, and the play calling was questionable. Do those against a better team and you end up losing.

Their schedule is a cake walk. They will beat every team and remain #1 going into the Michigan State game, which sadly will be their first true test. If they win that one, they make the playoffs. My prediction is they make the playoffs, but lose the first game.

And call me a homer all you want, if we had played the Buckeyes last night at home I think we could have definitely won. It would have been a shoot-out, but I think we could have come away with a W.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think so, but its always hard to repeat

Sep 8, 2015, 11:53 AM

they'll get to the playoff again b/c of weak conference but the pressure to perform at a high rate again may or may not be a good thing for them. Not unbeatable but pretty dang solid.

Re: i think so, but its always hard to repeat

Sep 8, 2015, 12:55 PM

We beat them by:
1. hard hit on Braxton Miller takes him out of the game at least mentally after we beat the crap out of him in the OB
2. Put Mckenzie on their best receiver and shut him down
3. Cordell is decent but fact is VT had no rush. A strong hit from Benny the bull will make Cordell think
4. Number 4 would pick apart that defensive secondary
5. We have 2 first class safeties and they are not small
6. Close game but we win by 7-10

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,085
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic