Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious question on USC vs UNC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Serious question on USC vs UNC

Sep 1, 2015, 9:42 PM

I know most of u want to see USC lose but is that really better for us? I'd like to see them lose but since we play them late in the year, wouldn't it help us more to win against a USC team with a stronger record of things are tight? Granted UNC winning helps our conference image a little but which helps us more?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious question on USC vs UNC

Sep 1, 2015, 9:46 PM

I'll take, "Improved Conference Image and a Scar Loss" for a thousand, Alex.

Sep 1, 2015, 11:54 PM

And it looks like you've hit the daily double! +1

Sep 1, 2015, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Serious question on USC vs UNC ]

The dirt peckers are the new Vandy of the SEC.

UNC needs to win

Sep 1, 2015, 9:46 PM

If GaTech beats UNC and we beat GT, then it's still a positive for us plus there is a bump in conference perception.

That and the coots need to lose all of their games.... that is all

I want USuCk to lose every contest in every sport, forever.***

Sep 1, 2015, 9:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

This. Absolutely this.***

Sep 1, 2015, 10:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DEFINITELY hope they lose! I love humble pie....

Sep 1, 2015, 9:49 PM

It would shut em up early in the year. Hence, life would be better for everyone. Also laughter is the best medicine and they'll certainly provide plenty of laughs for us. It's not like there's any chance they'd go into the game with us ranked so the difference between beating a 4-7 or 3-8 team really doesn't matter.

It would shut them up? LOL you don't know the coots do you?***

Sep 2, 2015, 7:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shamecocks don't have a chance at a winning season***

Sep 1, 2015, 11:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2015, 11:26 PM

I really don't much think it matters to us at this point inthe season. I hope they lose, and I hope they lose big. They will be a poor reflection on the "chosen conference", and that is good enough for me. I want them to lose all their games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your point is valid... however picking a desired victor in..

Sep 1, 2015, 11:51 PM

Thursday's contest is a tall order for me. Circumstances are rare for me to pull for UNC... however. It really would be more beneficial for Clemson's OOC schedule perception if SCar didn't become the dumpster fire that most TNetters hope they will become this year. Beating a respectable gamecock team looks much better than beating a dumpster fire. What if they only win 3 games, like everyone predicts, and in the spirit of 'playing up to their rival' we are involved in a contest that goes into the 4th quarter tight and we eventually pull out a 2-3 score win? If SCar is going to be as bad as everyone predicts/hopes, anything less than us blowing them out looks bad on our team.

Sep 1, 2015, 11:56 PM

I wish they could both lose the game. I HONESTLY dislike UNC worse than I dislike the Dirt Peckers.

Sep 2, 2015, 4:42 PM

Hey, it's possible...

Sep 2, 2015, 4:43 PM

Bahahaha...+1

Sep 2, 2015, 5:01 PM

Just stole this and posted a better luck this year status on a VT friend's fb wall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beating USuCk doesn't help any conference's image.

Sep 1, 2015, 11:57 PM

They suck ###.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweetness, I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head.

When that question arises... I drift back to the

Sep 2, 2015, 12:07 AM

Texas A&M game... Sitting in a room with a fellow tiger and his brother, a graduate of SCAR. How the uncontrollable laughter rose from our tiger bellies as the Gamecocks were decimated. And how giddy we were when we looked at the coot and said, "well... Looks like the Golden Era of Gamecock football is over. Texas A&M looks like a cat playing with its food!"

To watch the reality of what we had just proposed sink in was truly gratifying, considering all we had been subjected to over a few short years by a delusional fan base. To relive that once again will be more sublime than speedball to a junkie!

Aiki

Well, for the record, Southern Cal is NOT playing UNC.***

Sep 2, 2015, 12:51 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2015, 1:06 AM

How about South Carolina loses to North Carolina, then goes undefeated in the SEC and win the SEC East, then lose to Clemson.

Sep 2, 2015, 4:32 PM

I like the way you are challenging yourself to find ways to help us, and still hurt them, but I still can't bring myself to hope for them to win games.

That does not matter.

Sep 2, 2015, 4:35 AM

IF they are 5-7 or 6-6. They are loosers this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That does not matter.

Sep 2, 2015, 6:48 AM

Why would any Clemson fan ever pull for the coots? I get the hypothetical resume bump if they have a good year and we beat them come November but newsflash: pulling for them has no effect on the game. Unless you are in the stands Thursday night yelling, it won't influence the game cheering for them.

They'll win or lose in their sad little vacuum and I won't feel grimey having cheered for them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO it's a moral issue.

Sep 2, 2015, 7:25 AM

I wouldn't risk helll for either of those teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have thought about this a lot, and have the perfect

Sep 2, 2015, 7:21 AM

scenario. The Tarholes win the game in blowout fashion. But, then, AFTER bowl bids go out at the end of the season, and the Lamecocks are sitting at home with a 5-7 record, it is uncovered that UNC used ineligible players in the game (something about not attending classes that they were given passing grades for?). This leads to a retroactive forfeit, which would technically make the Lamecocks bowl eligible, but since the bids have all gone out, they sit home and implode with each SEC loss in the bowl season.

Now I have something to pray for.***

Sep 2, 2015, 7:27 AM

Sep 2, 2015, 8:00 AM

has nothing to do with conference. thats fall back for sec homers. if alabama can play southwest missouri state tech then we should be able to beat scar and not hurt our sos.

Sep 2, 2015, 8:02 AM

The cacks aren't going to help anyone's SOS this year.

A UNC loss would hurt our SOS by virtue of conference affiliation.

Point could be valid...

Sep 2, 2015, 4:41 PM

if either of the two were ranked in the top 25. Since neither is, the SOS shouldn't really be affected by them losing to UNC. Start game unranked, end game unranked....even if they win...start unranked, end unranked. So how would it really help or hurt? That being said, UNC needs to win to help the conference image.

The Tarholes play the Trojans Thursday night?!?!?!

Sep 2, 2015, 4:42 PM

I'm all wrong....I thought that USuCk's shameclucks played Carolina ;)

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic