Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
See for yourself ... there ain't no whistles and bells
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,827

See for yourself ... there ain't no whistles and bells

Feb 3, 2017, 9:00 AM

COLUMBIA — There is no miniature golf course. There is no laser tag. And there definitely is no sliding board.

Schematic diagrams submitted to the city of Columbia Planning Commission show a South Carolina football operations building with fewer frills than the one that recently opened at Clemson. USC plans to break ground on the $50 million, 110,000-square-foot facility early this year.

The schematics were included in the final agenda for the commission’s meeting Monday. Site plan approval has been recommended for the project, which has already been approved by both USC’s Board of Trustees and the state. The building will be located adjacent to USC’s practice fields and indoor facility, across Bluff Road from Williams-Brice Stadium.

Clemson’s $55 million operations building opened last week, and that facility has garnered more attention for its non-football amenities such a bowling alley, mini-golf course, laser tag area and even a sliding board along one wall. The schematics of USC’s building show a player’s lounge, arcade area and movie room.

The schematics, submitted by the Columbia architectural firm Quackenbush, show a first floor with a weight room, training, treatment and hydrotherapy area, equipment rooms, team locker room, nutrition area and player’s lounge.

The second floor will include a cardio area overlooking the weight room, coaches’ offices, lockers and conference rooms, team and position unit meeting rooms, a video editing room and team dining area. The second floor will also feature an outdoor terrace off the dining area, and a pair of balconies.
VideoConway cites non-existent 'massacre'

Head coach Will Muschamp was “very much involved in the design of the facility,” athletic director Ray Tanner said after a Board of Trustees meeting last week. Tanner added that USC’s operations building would be “impactful for the daily necessities of a college football player. So I would say there are going to be some bells and whistles, maybe not to the extent that you have heard at other places.”

USC also plans to add 158 new paved parking spaces to the exterior of the operations building, to augment the 37 that current exist for the indoor practice facility. A formal groundbreaking is expected this month, and the project will take an estimated 18 months to complete.

Reach David Caraviello at dcaraviello@postandcourier.com, and follow him on Twitter at @dcaraviello.

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/schematics-show-no-frills-football-operations-building-at-usc/article_2e44cc3e-e997-11e6-a573-4730657aafde.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just submitted the plans and still won't rival ourTiger's!***

Feb 3, 2017, 9:07 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, the bell you heard ringing

Feb 3, 2017, 9:09 AM

was just in Jake Bentley's head...

Re: See for yourself ... there ain't no whistles and bells

Feb 3, 2017, 9:23 AM

to me it looks like a warehouse stuck in the middle of nowhere. what I'm guessing is the practice facility looked like a loading dock. I had to blow the pic up to make sure it wasn't.

btw - coots radio was trying to spin it as "boom" has to do his own thing and NOT be like the "Clemson" facility. Pitiful - it gets announced and all they can talk about is Clemson... Got to love it!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2017, 9:27 AM

They substituted laser tag with loser tag because they found that the team really excelled at the game and are considered contenders to bring home the title this year.

Hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2017, 9:36 AM

Caraviello is obviously a big time coot writer. He writes his spiel in the Post and Courier every day. I never read it but this paper does not give equal time to Clemson. They wrote about Clemson before and after the Championship game but has now resorted back to everything Cusscoot says and does and of course women's basketball which is all they have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its in the details

Feb 3, 2017, 9:56 AM

Yall are looking at it all wrong , Look at the picture of the 40 foot banner he had made for the
fence showing where the building goes . Notice its a heavy duty banner built to still look good
when they break ground in about 5 years .

TV channel 7 , showed a gamecock club party last night in Greenville celebrating the big signing
class and Pete was there , Quote from my wife , look there is at least 30 people there counting
Muscant and Cocky . about 10 minutes later they showed it again , Nobody but Pete Left Ghost Town .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there a room where they'll be offering

Feb 3, 2017, 9:59 AM

piggyback rides?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Feb 3, 2017, 10:14 AM

What these ####### Coots don't understand is creating a winning and competitive culture that's team and family oriented. The activities such as bowling, pop-a-shot, pool, ping-pong, wiffle ball, basketball and video games are all about creating team unity, improving spirit and putting these kids minds in a competitive arena while they are having fun.

Frankly, I'm glad they don't get it as it will keep these guys where they belong...at the bottom!

Feb 3, 2017, 10:25 AM

As I have said before, the coots have absolutely no vision. They copy what other successful programs do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, there you have it

Feb 3, 2017, 10:51 AM

South Carolina has chosen to invest their amenity funds into additional parking spaces.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,827
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic