Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad day in sc
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 2,411

Sad day in sc

Nov 20, 2014, 3:39 PM

Can't believe the us supreme denied the appeal for same sex marriage, it's absolutely disgusting but the reason it passed here is because all the scar guys screaming go #####. Anybody agree?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad day in sc

Nov 20, 2014, 3:41 PM

The Coots are Ghey that's for sure

nyet***

Nov 20, 2014, 3:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Nov 20, 2014, 3:43 PM

I'm not sure I understand your opinion. Which part is absolutely disgusting to you? Scar fans?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 3:46 PM

Being gay is disgusting but scar fans are worse than that!

oh boy!***

Nov 20, 2014, 3:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Sad day in sc ]

Oh lord! You might want to take this discussion to the P&R band of merry pirates.

Gays probably feel the same way about heteros.***

Nov 20, 2014, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Sad day in sc ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, this went south fast....***

Nov 20, 2014, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Sad day in sc ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Just like #### fans.***

Nov 21, 2014, 11:48 AM

What about all the gay tiger fans?

Nov 20, 2014, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Sad day in sc ]

This board is all about dividing the fanbase today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: What about all the gay tiger fans?

Nov 20, 2014, 3:56 PM

We don't care if they are gay,gaycock.They just shouldn't be able
to legally marry.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't care, then why?***

Nov 20, 2014, 6:24 PM

It is an affront to his imaginary sky daddy.***

Nov 21, 2014, 11:49 AM

Nov 20, 2014, 3:50 PM

My thoughts exactly***

Nov 20, 2014, 3:51 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

what does this have to do with football

Nov 20, 2014, 3:52 PM

anyone ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely Nothing...

Nov 20, 2014, 3:55 PM

Thus should be treated as such and ignored/deleted.

Silly OP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Re: what does this have to do with football

Nov 20, 2014, 3:56 PM [ in reply to what does this have to do with football ]

I'm trying to get people off the Dabo leaving and booing stoudt and alumni discussions so I thought this would be just as good lol

Re: what does this have to do with football

Nov 20, 2014, 4:01 PM

You'll never get a good response by insulting people based on their lifestyle choices.

Nov 20, 2014, 3:56 PM

It's been a sad day in SC for many centuries since we have so many ignorant @$$ people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 4:03 PM

I'm glad you included yourself in that post. what was it....ignorant....and now, get ready for executive amnesty for illegal aliens. I hope you have kids....let them suffer.

Nov 20, 2014, 4:16 PM

tWhy do simple minded idiots think everyone else should be simple minded idiots?. I am very thankful that I AM NOT like many of the recent posters on tnet.

Nov 20, 2014, 4:24 PM

My God is big enough to love everyone.

Please...no politics on this board...but you want my

Nov 20, 2014, 4:42 PM

opinion on the matter.... It's disgusting that anyone would DENY ANYONE...ANY AMERICAN..the right to marry. Christian Nazis can not stand the thought of a totally free society.

Nov 20, 2014, 4:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have the normallest boner right now.***

Nov 20, 2014, 4:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It may be stopped after all bc of the 6th circuit

Nov 20, 2014, 5:31 PM

I do think the SC should've at least put a stop to the usurpation of the law until there was some sort of reconciling ruling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

other federal courts have also upheld laws in other states***

Nov 20, 2014, 5:34 PM

Why are civil unions, filed in the probate court, and

Nov 20, 2014, 6:29 PM

bestowing every single right of marriage, unacceptable? That has always been my preferred solution. It preserves marriage, yet gives equal rights. Only thing different is the title across the top. I think the reason is pretty obvious that this isn't about rights at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are civil unions, filed in the probate court, and

Nov 20, 2014, 9:43 PM

Really? Then what is it about if not equal rights?

civil unions already provide "equal rights"

Nov 21, 2014, 11:45 AM

But that's not all SSM advocates want- they want the government to basically decree that same-sex relationships are fundamentally equal to opposite sex relationships. There's nothing constitutional guaranteed about that.

Re: civil unions already provide "equal rights"

Nov 21, 2014, 9:11 PM

Well...I think they should be considered equal. How can we justify not looking at it this way?

because it's different, and therefore "unequal"

Nov 21, 2014, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Why are civil unions, filed in the probate court, and ]

You can't really claim that there ought to be a different institution for relationships that aren't marriage without discriminating between what a marriage is and what a marriage isn't. The (rather absurd) claim being made by SSM advocates is that there is absolutely no difference between a relationship where gender doesn't matter and a relationship between a man and a woman. Thus, the discrimination is illegal, even if another institution exists that provides the same rights.

As you said, this is really about normalization and affirmation of homosexuality.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Re: because it's different, and therefore "unequal"

Nov 21, 2014, 12:06 PM

As you said, this is really about normalization and affirmation of homosexuality.

It's definitely about that, and it's about total equality. And it's definitely about destroying the idea that a couple that is biologically able to have children deserves more rights than families who lack that biological ability.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

families = couples

Nov 21, 2014, 12:09 PM

I revised that sentence a few times and should have changed "families" to "couples."

The point about families is important though. An adopted family, or family with one biological parent and one adoptive parent, should be just as protected under the law as biological families, and part of that protection comes with the legal rights of the married couple.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

"Ability" doesn't really describe the difference

Nov 21, 2014, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: because it's different, and therefore "unequal" ]

Of course you're right that it's about "total equality," not just equality under the law, which is one reason why claims that traditional marriage is illegally discriminatory are dubious. But same sex couples don't just lack the "biological ability" to procreate like infertile couples do. To claim that would be to commit a category error: the biological ability to have children isn't a question for same couples because that isn't the kind (category) of couple that they are. That's not enough to prove that we shouldn't call same- sex coupling "marriage," but it does at least illustrate a reasonable (however wrong that reason is) delineation between same-sex couples and marriages that can be upheld in court.

Re: "Ability" doesn't really describe the difference

Nov 21, 2014, 2:22 PM

Actually you're wrong, same sex couples DO just lack the "biological ability" to procreate, just like an infertile couple. To the extent their inabilities differ, it is utterly unrelated to either couple's need or desire for legal recognition as a married couple.

What you have to admit is that, fundamentally in your position, there is just no reason to allow marital rights to infertile couples, even if they want to adopt or if one parent already has a child. Name any reason to grant the opposite-sex adoptive parents marital rights, and it will be equally applicable to same sex adoptive couples.

- Jonathan Swift

P.S.

Nov 21, 2014, 2:31 PM

http://www.theonion.com/articles/moron-stepfather-takes-care-of-child-who-doesnt-ha,37505

- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 38
| visibility 2,411
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic